LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

**LeBron James Off-season Thread**

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
NBA GM Survey....Who is the Best Shooting Guard in the NBA? (taken prior to the season)

2005-06....Kobe Bryant = 56%, Dwyane Wade = 28%
2006-07....Kobe Bryant = 71.4%, Dwyane Wade = 21.4% (right after Wade's brightest moment)
2007-08....Kobe Bryant = 92.6%, Dwyane Wade = 3.7%
2008-09...Kobe Bryant = 92.6%, Dwyane Wade = 3.7%
2009-10...Kobe Bryant = 89.7%, Dwyane Wade = 3.7%
2010-11...Kobe Bryant = 85.7%, Dwyane Wade = 10.7%

I guess all the NBA GMs are just huge Kobe fanboys. Such a ridiculous argument.

No. But some fans are...and not just of Kobe either. As a matter of fact the greatest winner since MJ retired is now Tim Duncan IMO. With 3 Finals MVP and five rings he trumps Kobe 5 rings 2 Finals MVP and Shaq 4 rings 3 Finals MVP. LeBron has to catch all these guys and I think he still can

But that's not what we were talking about. We were talking about there actually being years where Wade was the best SG in the league.
prior to the season lulz
But that's not what we were talking about. We were talking about there actually being years where Wade was the best SG in the league.

I made my observation but I stated previously that wade was in that argument in 2006 2009 and 2011not that wade definitively was the best. Your GM survey says that and I have you know that Popovich and his GM had on opinion on it at one point in time after 2006. Pop said D Wade had a competitiveness unlike any he had witnessed since MJ. This could have been spurred on by D Wade vanquishing SAS most bitter foes in DAL but he said it. Now I agree that Kobe has been noticeably the better player over his career but we would be blind not to note the peaks in Wade's. I would have easily said Kobe was best most years as well as most GMs but there were a few that differed of opinion and leaned towards Wade. That in itself is saying something. If I can muster a couple votes over Kobe...well then I must be ballin'
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM ]
This is a LeBron thread though so I don't know how we got to Kobe vs wade because even I saw Kobe wins that clearly. This is about LeBron though and where he can go from here
How come Lebron threads always turn into a Laker thread?......
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
NBA GM Survey....Who is the Best Shooting Guard in the NBA? (taken prior to the season)

2005-06....Kobe Bryant = 56%, Dwyane Wade = 28%
2006-07....Kobe Bryant = 71.4%, Dwyane Wade = 21.4% (right after Wade's brightest moment)
2007-08....Kobe Bryant = 92.6%, Dwyane Wade = 3.7%
2008-09...Kobe Bryant = 92.6%, Dwyane Wade = 3.7%
2009-10...Kobe Bryant = 89.7%, Dwyane Wade = 3.7%
2010-11...Kobe Bryant = 85.7%, Dwyane Wade = 10.7%

I guess all the NBA GMs are just huge Kobe fanboys. Such a ridiculous argument.

No. But some fans are...and not just of Kobe either. As a matter of fact the greatest winner since MJ retired is now Tim Duncan IMO. With 3 Finals MVP and five rings he trumps Kobe 5 rings 2 Finals MVP and Shaq 4 rings 3 Finals MVP. LeBron has to catch all these guys and I think he still can

lol I never said this. I said - Wade was the best SG in couple of the years - doesn't mean he was the best SG. Durant was the best SF in the 2013-2014 - doesn't mean he is the best SF in the game. In every instance, the question GMs were asked was:

Who is the best shooting guard in the NBA?

Not, who WAS the best SG in the previous year, and previous year alone?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Insecurity
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Insecurity

To be fair to them...Jordan fans did the same bs to Kobe fans. But, the key difference is - Jordan was/is better than both Kobe and Lebron. Kobe is not.

But yes, it's mainly insecurity. Even if some ppl believe Kobe is still better - Lebron is only 29. Lebron is right behind Kobe in total win-shares and is 6 years younger lol
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Insecurity

this

Laker fans are very jealous.

Originally posted by 9erReign:

Laker fans are very jealous.

A kings fan pointing the finger of jealousy and talking about the Lakers. lol
Originally posted by 4ML:
To be fair to them...Jordan fans did the same bs to Kobe fans. But, the key difference is - Jordan was/is better than both Kobe and Lebron. Kobe is not.

But yes, it's mainly insecurity. Even if some ppl believe Kobe is still better - Lebron is only 29. Lebron is right behind Kobe in total win-shares and is 6 years younger lol
LeBron is writing one hell of a story. He still has time to catch them all depending on how many chips he wins from heretoforth. He still has time and skill on his side
Originally posted by AmpLee:
To me, it's the Lebron fanboys being insecure. The Lakers and Kobe weren't even a discussion until someone had to point out how amazing their championship rosters were compared to the Heat of the last couple years. All I hear is arbitrary stats about how good other players are compared to Kobe, then excuses when Kobe's successes and stats are brought up in rebuttal. It's been this way for years. Vince Carter, TMac, DWade were all supposed to be better than Kobe, but none ever were, at any point in their careers. FWIW, I believe Lebron is the most talented player since Jordan, but despite all his successes in the regular season, he still doesn't have the postseason success of guys ahead of him. He's still young and is maturing nicely, but losing two championships with a hand picked team of three of the best players in the world is a failure because of what they should have been able to do. But the book is not over on Lebron. He will go down as one of the best players ever and maybe the best. For some reason, people want to give him that crown already, despite the fact he's 2-3 in championships. That number has to improve for him to be "better" than Kobe, IMO (and it will likely improve).

It's a moot point because Steph Curry will triumph over all of them
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
To me, it's the Lebron fanboys being insecure. The Lakers and Kobe weren't even a discussion until someone had to point out how amazing their championship rosters were compared to the Heat of the last couple years. All I hear is arbitrary stats about how good other players are compared to Kobe, then excuses when Kobe's successes and stats are brought up in rebuttal. It's been this way for years. Vince Carter, TMac, DWade were all supposed to be better than Kobe, but none ever were, at any point in their careers. FWIW, I believe Lebron is the most talented player since Jordan, but despite all his successes in the regular season, he still doesn't have the postseason success of guys ahead of him. He's still young and is maturing nicely, but losing two championships with a hand picked team of three of the best players in the world is a failure because of what they should have been able to do. But the book is not over on Lebron. He will go down as one of the best players ever and maybe the best. For some reason, people want to give him that crown already, despite the fact he's 2-3 in championships. That number has to improve for him to be "better" than Kobe, IMO (and it will likely improve).

I think you've it flipped. I don't start the comparison because IMO Lebron has surpassed Kobe as a player. You, as a Kobe fan, won't start a discussion of who is better between Kobe and TMac. Nor do I come into Lakers thread and post anything negative about Kobe over and over. I don't - because a) I've a lot of respect for Kobe b) I've a lot of respect for all you guys to come in that thread and troll c) He's at the end of his career and injured and I don't believe in kicking someone when they're down d) I don't need to do that because I believe Lebron is better and most ppl believe Lebron has passed Kobe or will easily pass him in near future.

I don't know of anyone who thinks Vince, TMac or Wade were better than Kobe. I think D-Wade was better for a season or two (and one can definitely argue for Kobe in those seasons as well...but it is my opinion and I'm not passing it as a fact - that Wade was better JUST in those seasons). It's a pretty good argument to have considering the stats Wade put-up...with that roster (most impressive one: 7apg and shooting 49%) and if one disagrees with it - one can always post valid points rather than scoff at it.

Kobe kicks Wade's ass as far as the whole career is concerned. I'm never going to say otherwise.

As far as Championship record - Kobe's has a pretty good record of 2-1 when he had to CARRY the team. I'm not even including the Detroit series even though he took 7 more shots a game than Shaq (who took only 14 shots game - shooting 59% lol and was relegated to a glorified role player so Kobe can win MVP)

So, that may be a fair point if Lebron hadn't LED his team to the NBA Finals 5 times already...and won 2 Finals MVP (same as Kobe). Just because Kobe lost in earlier rounds - and Lebron lost in NBA Finals - doesn't prove in any way that Kobe is a better player. Nor am I going to use that argument to say Lebron is better because he LED his team to the NBA Finals 5 times. In the end, it's a team sport.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
So is this the Cavaliers thread now? Heat thread? Or does LeBron have his own thread?
Share 49ersWebzone