LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Millsap had 7 threes that night? Where was that when he was in Utah?

I remember him having a huge game in Miami couple of year ago. He went for 40 pts or something like that. But yea...he has become a reliable 3-point shooter in Atlanta and I have a lot of respect for players who learn new tricks after coming into the league and play both ends for their team.

Paul was awesome, I really wish he would've stayed in Utah b/c he always went 110% no matter how undersized he was against his opponents. That Jazz/Heat game from a couple years ago was incredible. I was going nuts at the end of that game.

Are you sure?

He was hanging on it during the game and then a timeout was called and he proceeded to hang on it. Should've been a tech
  • Jiks
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Are you sure?

He was hanging on it during the game and then a timeout was called and he proceeded to hang on it. Should've been a tech

This 100%. It was right after the play.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Are you sure?

This 100%. It was right after the play.

We all know 4ML is a lebron fanboy, but how the f**k is anybody going to argue that shouldn't have been a T?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol...it doesn't matter...it's not like Miami won the game by a point. I'm not sure why me being a fan boy has anything to do with it. If it was Kobe hanging on the rim in the same situation I would have said the same. It's clear in the video that D'Antoni called the TO right after the dunk and therefore ref decided not to call it. But whatever...I'll just agree to disagree and let's move on. It's not a big deal.
Cousins 12th among front court players in all star voting?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
...which is why I said he won't make the all-star team. Duh

The all star voting is booty. If he keeps it up he should be a first team all nba center but won't make the all star game
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

The all star voting is booty. If he keeps it up he should be a first team all nba center but won't make the all star game

You won't get an argument from me on that. He should be at least 2nd team all-nba. Offensively...he's better than any Center in the game (and it's not close). Defensively...he has long ways to go but is still a young player and it's tough to bring intensity on the defensive end when no one else on the team is playing much defense either. IMO - Dwight and Hibbert may get more votes or whatever...but I'll take Cousins over both of those dudes.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

All star voting is lame. It's popularity contest and isn't based on your play this year but also past years. That's why fan voting is limited to starters and you expect the coaches will do the right thing and pick the guys who deserve based on this year but that doesn't happen often either. They pick their own dudes. Vogel (not singling him out...all coaches do this) is already talking about David West and Lance Stevenson as all-star players lol. Last year Spols moved Chris Bosh into starting line-up - even though other players were more deserving.

So, with that in mind - I left Cousins off the all-star team. I highly doubt Brooks or Stotts (Pop is ineligible to coach all-star game) will pick Cousins over Ibaka or Lilliard. I hope I'm wrong.

I love DMC but if he ever wants to start an all star game he needs to learn how to play defense. Currently, he is horrendous on defense and that's one of the main reasons our record is garbage. But he does deserve to be an off the bench all start for sure
4ml, coaches couldn't pick their own players in the recent past when choosing reserves. Did this change?

You won't get an argument from me on that. He should be at least 2nd team all-nba. Offensively...he's better than any Center in the game (and it's not close). Defensively...he has long ways to go but is still a young player and it's tough to bring intensity on the defensive end when no one else on the team is playing much defense either. IMO - Dwight and Hibbert may get more votes or whatever...but I'll take Cousins over both of those dudes.

I love you
I haven't seen many Kings games this year, but IMO it's hard to be a consistently bad team with a really good big man. His numbers are staggering considering that he's only playing 31.5mpg, but you gotta help your team win games if you want coaches to vote you onto the AS team. It's easy to point to the numbers and say that he needs help, but often times he's a big part of the L's in other ways.

Again, I say that with only seeing a couple of Kings games this year, so I could totally be wrong. And heck, the coaches may very well vote him on anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone