LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

2013-14 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by fister30:
Does anybody believe carmello can be the guy to put a team over the top? It's hard to see him on a championship winning team. And WTF is going on with the lakers? Coach? Players? anything???

I think he could. I used to feel the same way about Dirk, but he found a way to get one. Carmelo has never had the type of quality supporting cast required to win it all . If LeBron stayed in Cleveland he'd likely still be sitting at 0 championships too.

His best shot is Chicago IMO. They can surround him with great role players, and form a pretty nice Big 3 with Rose and Noah. They're already an elite defensive team, they just need a guy who can create his own offense and score. Carmelo can fill that role with ease.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 5m

The Warriors' deal with Shaun Livingston will be three years, $16 million, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think he could. I used to feel the same way about Dirk, but he found a way to get one. Carmelo has never had the type of quality supporting cast required to win it all . If LeBron stayed in Cleveland he'd likely still be sitting at 0 championships too.

His best shot is Chicago IMO. They can surround him with great role players, and form a pretty nice Big 3 with Rose and Noah. They're already an elite defensive team, they just need a guy who can create his own offense and score. Carmelo can fill that role with ease.

thanks for the info. I really never followed NBA free agency like I am now. This seems a little slow compared to the NFL.
thanks for the info. I really never followed NBA free agency like I am now. This seems a little slow compared to the NFL.

Yeah it is pretty different compared to the NFL. NFL is simpler, either you have the cap space to sign a player, or you don't. NBA has so many other rules and exceptions, it slows things down a little bit.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Does anybody believe carmello can be the guy to put a team over the top? It's hard to see him on a championship winning team. And WTF is going on with the lakers? Coach? Players? anything???

Originally posted by Jcool:
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Done with Bulls in Chicago, Carmelo Anthony on his way tonight to Houston. Will meet w/Rockets in morning, then go to Dallas in afternoon.

So much of this. I do not want this guy anywhere near a team I care about.
I think Melo would put the Dubs over the top
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I think Melo will land in Chicago
Chris Bosh has agreed in principal with the Miami Heat to a five-year contract that would pay him $11 million in the first season, while Dwyane Wade has agreed to a deal that will pay $12 million initially and last four seasons.

LeBron James is seeking a one or two-year contract at a maximum amount.

James would like to maintain flexibility for future seasons.

Bosh and Wade were each scheduled to earn approximately $40 million over the next two seasons, but opted out of their contracts to apparently accommodate a raise for James while leaving cap room for another signing.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN is reporting that the Heat have told prospective free agents that they anticipate as much as $12 million in cap space.

Update: Henry Thomas, agent for both Bosh and Wade, has denied that his clients have agreed to those figures in comments to David Aldridge of NBA.com.
Patty Mills needs 7 months to recover from shoulder injury, and will probably miss first 3-4 months of the season. Probably makes a return to the Spurs more likely.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Celtics Avery Bradley's new four-year, $32 million contract is fully guaranteed with no options, agent Mitchell Butler said.
Houston welcoming Melo with a photoshop image of him wearing a rockets jersey with Jeremy Lin's number lol
Originally posted by Jcool:
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Celtics Avery Bradley's new four-year, $32 million contract is fully guaranteed with no options, agent Mitchell Butler said.

Wow they really overpaid.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

As @ESPNSteinLine reported, Nets and Lionel Hollins are in final stages of negotiations. Issues remain but deal likely 4-5 yrs at $4-5m per
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Uhhhhhhhh.....................

Magic sign G Ben Gordon to 2yr 9 million dollar deal

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone