LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
Beltran has a mole on the side of his head the size of jrg's peepee.

Scares me every time I see it. I'll let you guess which one I'm talking about.
Originally posted by jrg:
Mutual Interest Between Beltran, Yankees Expected In Offseason

link

He'd bat left handed and hit 40 bombs over that RF wall in NY

I'd take a wager on that one! I do think NY makes a lot of sense for Beltran though.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
Beltran has a mole on the side of his head the size of jrg's peepee.

Scares me every time I see it. I'll let you guess which one I'm talking about.

Haha
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

link

I'd take a wager on that one! I do think NY makes a lot of sense for Beltran though.

Yep. Play DH and hit bombs to RF all day. Some people say he is HOF, and some say he isn't.

Have a few monster years there and maybe that'll do it.

I do hope he is in a Cardinals uniform next year though.

link

Yep. Play DH and hit bombs to RF all day. Some people say he is HOF, and some say he isn't.

I really doubt he is back with the Cards. It is time to get Adams in the lineup everyday and the only way to do that would be to move Holliday or let Beltran go. Craig is obviously headed to the OF. It makes too much sense for Beltran to go to the AL and be a DH/OH for a contender.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Yeah Beltran would definitely be a great fit for the AL in the next few years. DH a lot and play the field a good amount. Still has that arm and some speed with proper rest as he gets older.
Yankees gonna sign McCann and Beltran BOOK IT
  • jrg
  • Veteran

link

I really doubt he is back with the Cards. It is time to get Adams in the lineup everyday and the only way to do that would be to move Holliday or let Beltran go. Craig is obviously headed to the OF. It makes too much sense for Beltran to go to the AL and be a DH/OH for a contender.

I hear ya...and likely will be what happens. Just want to see him retire as a Cardinal.

Wish Craig could play 3B. He has played there before. Only 4 games, but still. I never imagined Carpenter moving to 2nd..but we had to get his bat in somehow as well. Cardinals have a lot coming off the books after this season (Carpenter, Furcal, etc all expiring contracts)

Ideal situation for me would be for Craig to go to 3rd...re-sign Freese and actually have some pop off the bench (with Craig gone and no Adams on the bench...our bench has been so bad). Beltran in RF, Adams at 1B, Taveras in CF.

C Molina
1B Adams
2B Carpenter
SS Anybody but Kozma
3B Craig
LF Holliday
CF Taveras
RF Beltran

SP Wainwright
SP Miller
SP Wacha
SP Martinez
SP Lynn
I hear ya...and likely will be what happens. Just want to see him retire as a Cardinal.

Wish Craig could play 3B. He has played there before. Only 4 games, but still. I never imagined Carpenter moving to 2nd..but we had to get his bat in somehow as well. Cardinals have a lot coming off the books after this season (Carpenter, Furcal, etc all expiring contracts)

Ideal situation for me would be for Craig to go to 3rd...re-sign Freese and actually have some pop off the bench (with Craig gone and no Adams on the bench...our bench has been so bad). Beltran in RF, Adams at 1B, Taveras in CF.

C Molina
1B Adams
2B Carpenter
SS Anybody but Kozma
3B Craig
LF Holliday
CF Taveras
RF Beltran

SP Wainwright
SP Miller
SP Wacha
SP Martinez
SP Lynn

You dont like Joe Kelley? Move Miller, Wong, Motte, and Jay for Tulo. OMG that would be the sickest lineup ever.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

C Molina
1B Adams
2B Carpenter
SS Anybody but Kozma
3B Craig
LF Holliday
CF Taveras
RF Beltran

SP Wainwright
SP Miller
SP Wacha
SP Martinez
SP Lynn

You dont like Joe Kelley? Move Miller, Wong, Motte, and Jay for Tulo. OMG that would be the sickest lineup ever.

I do, but he won't crack the rotation over the guys I listed. He is more suitable for a bullpen role. I'd gladly put him in as the #5 if we could move the pieces you said and get Tulo.

C Molina
1B Adams
2B Carpenter
SS Anybody but Kozma
3B Craig
LF Holliday
CF Taveras
RF Beltran

SP Wainwright
SP Miller
SP Wacha
SP Martinez
SP Lynn

I do, but he won't crack the rotation over the guys I listed. He is more suitable for a bullpen role. I'd gladly put him in as the #5 if we could move the pieces you said and get Tulo.

I'm guessing the Rockies would want 2 of... Miller, Wacha, Martinez, Kelley, Rosenthal for Tulo. Would you trade Miller, Kelley, Jay, and Motte for Tulo?
  • jrg
  • Veteran

C Molina
1B Adams
2B Carpenter
SS Anybody but Kozma
3B Craig
LF Holliday
CF Taveras
RF Beltran

SP Wainwright
SP Miller
SP Wacha
SP Martinez
SP Lynn

I'm guessing the Rockies would want 2 of... Miller, Wacha, Martinez, Kelley, Rosenthal for Tulo. Would you trade Miller, Kelley, Jay, and Motte for Tulo?

Yes. Would likely be Wong over Kelly though. Then

C Molina
1B Adams
2B Carpenter
SS Tulo
3B Craig
LF Holliday
CF Taveras
RF Beltran

SP Wainwright
SP Wacha
SP Martinez
SP Lynn
SP Kelly

CP Rosenthal
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Rockies aint trading Tulo
Originally posted by valrod33:
Rockies aint trading Tulo

They might if the package was enough. If the Cards offered Wacha and Miller they would do it I think. Tulo is obviously very good but hurt just about every year.
Share 49ersWebzone