LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont think BJ is gonna hit .180 again. No he wont hit .300 but i expect to see him in the .250 range next year The Braves will give him every chance they can for him to get back to the way he was in Tampa. They have to given what they paid for him.

He simply isnt a leadoff hitter. He strikes out way too much (151 times) and doesnt draw enough walks. Yes, he has speed but you cant steal first base.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by robniner:
Robniner and the rest of the bandwagon Dodger fans sure were quiet tonight

Not a Dodgers fan. Am a Braves fan but I get realistic at times. I would rather play the Pirates. Not a homer like I used to a long time ago due to I follow baseball in general.

Glad they won because on paper that was a win due to Grienke.

The key to the Braves winning this series (and the Dodgers choking) is catching the Dodgers pitching on an off-night and matching inning by inning.

Game 3 looks to be an intriguing matchup between Ryu and Teheran.

You are not giving the Braves any credit, you do realize the Braves pitching staff had a better ERA and WHIP than Dodgers this season right? No we dont have the big names like Kershaw or Grienke but our staff is pretty damn good and they are capable of pitching head to head with the Dodgers

The Braves have great pitching. I just dont think they have the bats to go all the way unless Upton gets hot. Really think this team needs a leadoff hitter next year so they can move Heyward back to the middle of the order where he belongs.

Unless they can find a leadoff hitting 2B I expect the Braves to Give BJ the chance to hit leadoff again. I think they try and trade Uggla and offer to eat most of his money but I don't know what available 2B can hit leadoff

The problem the Braves have is that BJ and Uggla might have the 2 worst contacts in baseball when compared to productivity. You are right... the Braves would have to eat virtually the entire money to move them. I just think BJ is awful and would never want him leading off. Automatic out.

I had a baseball fan tell me at work today the Braves lack that dominant #1 starting pitcher. Hope Teheran is like that someday. Hudson is the 1 usually but he is more a 2 or 3 starter. It's going to be interesting how he recovers.

Not pretty happy the Braves let the 1 seed slip away and home field throughout.

I know BJ will be fixed during the off-season. McCann and Maholm will be gone.

If the team will make a major move this off-season, it will involve Uggla because quite frankly that relationship is kinda strain.
I had a baseball fan tell me at work today the Braves lack that dominant #1 starting pitcher. Hope Teheran is like that someday. Hudson is the 1 usually but he is more a 2 or 3 starter. It's going to be interesting how he recovers.

If the team will make a major move this off-season, it will involve Uggla because quite frankly that relationship is kinda strain.

You dont need a dominant #1 guy if you have 4 or 5 really good starters. Medlen, Beachy, Minor, and Teheran are all solid young pitchers. Glad you are so sure that BJ will be magically "fixed". Miracles do happen from time to time so maybe he will. Dont bet on it though.

Finally, anything regarding Dan Uggla is not a major move at this point unless they get a GM on drugs to take his contact. LOL
Sort of off-topic, but let us see if a recently retired Brave ends up being considered for the position of assistant hitting coach. All focus will be on Greg Walker next season.
I dont think hudson is coming back either. Gonna hand it over to the young cheap guys. Gonna have McCann, Hudson, and Maholms contracts coming off the books that might free up enough room for them to eat a majority of Ugglas contract and bring in a leadoff hitting 2b.

medlen
minor
teheran
beachy
wood

Will probably be the rotation next year

anyway, season isnt over yet, we will cross that bridge when we get there
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 4, 2013 at 8:37 PM ]

You dont need a dominant #1 guy if you have 4 or 5 really good starters. Medlen, Beachy, Minor, and Teheran are all solid young pitchers. Glad you are so sure that BJ will be magically "fixed". Miracles do happen from time to time so maybe he will. Dont bet on it though.

Finally, anything regarding Dan Uggla is not a major move at this point unless they get a GM on drugs to take his contact. LOL

Beachy should be fully ready to go next season because he had to rediscover his groove this past season.

See Adam LaRoche and his brother.

You know someone will take a risk on him. If it means replenishing the farm then be it.
I dont think hudson is coming back either. Gonna hand it over to the young cheap guys. Gonna have McCann, Hudson, and Maholms contracts coming off the books that might free up enough room for them to eat a majority of Ugglas contract and bring in a leadoff hitting 2b.

medlen
minor
teheran
beachy
wood

Will probably be the rotation next year

anyway, season isnt over yet, we will cross that bridge when we get there

The Wood kid was pretty good and has potential. Teheran can get even better next season.

Hudson may end up retiring.
The Wood kid was pretty good and has potential. Teheran can get even better next season.

Huddy already said he is gonna pitch next year. It just might not be with Braves

Huddy already said he is gonna pitch next year. It just might not be with Braves

If he is willing to take less money, then he will be back. The Wood kid could be a spot starter or deepen the rotation as a rare six.
The dodgers got one away, almost two
I'm ok with that

Originally posted by solidg2000:
The dodgers got one away, almost two
I'm ok with that

Now you have a matchup which can sway the series. Ryu has become a good pitcher but is capable of a bad game. Teheran has snippets of being a dominant pitcher but is capable of having a bad game too.

Series goes West. If the Dodgers lose this game, then their Game 4 starter is a no-brainer.
Tigers pen perserve Game 1. Just don't put in Albuquerque in throughout.

Next up: Verlander vs. young hurler Sonny Gray.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
STL/Mizzou
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Robniner and the rest of the bandwagon Dodger fans sure were quiet tonight

its one game. braves already lost home field. dodgers just need to win at home and its game, set, blouses.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
seriously doe, what pissed me off the most was in the 6th or 7th inning. Dodgers down 2-1 and man on 1st and 3rd with one out. f**ker grounds out to a 1-6-3 double play. thats the LAST thing you want in that f**kin situation. Get the ball up in the outfield and get a sac fly you dumb f**k.
Share 49ersWebzone