There are 253 users in the forums

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

OFFICIAL:The 2013 MLB Postseason Thread

Rays/Red Sox

I guess the Rays got the Pirates hangover.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jrg:
Gonna be tough to grab one in Pittsburgh. Every game there is like Game 7 of the World Series.

Cards will get it done.

Do you blame them? Its been 20+ years since their last playoff berth

Not at all. I'd do the same. Just saying it is gonna be a tough environment.

I think Liriano wins the next game and the Pirates go up 2-1. He has been dominant against the Cardinals this year. Wacha will win game 4 to bring it back to STL for Wainwright to end it.
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM ]
lol Dee Gordon's face after that CS was priceless.
Robniner and the rest of the bandwagon Dodger fans sure were quiet tonight

Minor pitched a hell of a game. I need to stop watching because I think I'm jinxing you dudes. The minute I turned it on, Hanley hit his dinger.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Minor pitched a hell of a game. I need to stop watching because I think I'm jinxing you dudes. The minute I turned it on, Hanley hit his dinger.

Yeah im gonna need you to stop watching then
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Yeah im gonna need you to stop watching then

Gimme a million dollars.

Happened last night too, I turned it on and the Dodgers had a big inning. Changed it back later and the same thing happened. I'm the anti-Braves charm.

Not a Dodgers fan. Am a Braves fan but I get realistic at times. I would rather play the Pirates. Not a homer like I used to a long time ago due to I follow baseball in general.

Glad they won because on paper that was a win due to Grienke.

The key to the Braves winning this series (and the Dodgers choking) is catching the Dodgers pitching on an off-night and matching inning by inning.

Game 3 looks to be an intriguing matchup between Ryu and Teheran.
I didn't see the game...is there a reason Greinke only pitched 6 innings and threw 83 pitches?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I didn't see the game...is there a reason Greinke only pitched 6 innings and threw 83 pitches?

He got pinch hit for when the Dodgers had a chance to score a run in the top of the 7th

Originally posted by robniner:

Not a Dodgers fan. Am a Braves fan but I get realistic at times. I would rather play the Pirates. Not a homer like I used to a long time ago due to I follow baseball in general.

The key to the Braves winning this series (and the Dodgers choking) is catching the Dodgers pitching on an off-night and matching inning by inning.

You are not giving the Braves any credit, you do realize the Braves pitching staff had a better ERA and WHIP than Dodgers this season, right? No we dont have the big names like Kershaw or Grienke but our staff is pretty damn good and they are capable of pitching head to head with the Dodgers
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM ]

You are not giving the Braves any credit, you do realize the Braves pitching staff had a better ERA and WHIP than Dodgers this season right? No we dont have the big names like Kershaw or Grienke but our staff is pretty damn good and they are capable of pitching head to head with the Dodgers

The Braves have great pitching. I just dont think they have the bats to go all the way unless Upton gets hot. Really think this team needs a leadoff hitter next year so they can move Heyward back to the middle of the order where he belongs.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You are not giving the Braves any credit, you do realize the Braves pitching staff had a better ERA and WHIP than Dodgers this season right? No we dont have the big names like Kershaw or Grienke but our staff is pretty damn good and they are capable of pitching head to head with the Dodgers

The Braves have great pitching. I just dont think they have the bats to go all the way unless Upton gets hot. Really think this team needs a leadoff hitter next year so they can move Heyward back to the middle of the order where he belongs.

Unless they can find a leadoff hitting 2B I expect the Braves to Give BJ the chance to hit leadoff again. I think they try and trade Uggla and offer to eat most of his money but I don't know what available 2B can hit leadoff

Unless they can find a leadoff hitting 2B I expect the Braves to Give BJ the chance to hit leadoff again. I think they try and trade Uggla and offer to eat most of his money but I don't know what available 2B can hit leadoff

The problem the Braves have is that BJ and Uggla might have the 2 worst contacts in baseball when compared to productivity. You are right... the Braves would have to eat virtually the entire money to move them. I just think BJ is awful and would never want him leading off. Automatic out.

The problem the Braves have is that BJ and Uggla might have the 2 worst contacts in baseball when compared to productivity. You are right... the Braves would have to eat virtually the entire money to move them. I just think BJ is awful and would never want him leading off. Automatic out.
I dont think BJ is gonna hit .180 again. No he wont hit .300 but i expect to see him in the .250 range next year The Braves will give him every chance they can for him to get back to the way he was in Tampa. They have to given what they paid for him.
Share 49ersWebzone