LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Stanford Cardinal Football Thread

David Shaw is determined to cost this team a legit shot at the natl title with his Mariucci-like idiotic desire to just try and run the clock out the entire 4th qtr of games. And he got lucky as f*** tonight that the replay official saw something on that that 4th down play, otherwise Washington was going to score a TD and win that game.

I hope he's learned his lesson...quit just thinking your defense will always hold on, quit trying to be "classy", and keep scoring points until the game is TRULY out of reach or it's over.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
David Shaw is determined to cost this team a legit shot at the natl title with his Mariucci-like idiotic desire to just try and run the clock out the entire 4th qtr of games. And he got lucky as f*** tonight that the replay official saw something on that that 4th down play, otherwise Washington was going to score a TD and win that game.

I hope he's learned his lesson...quit just thinking your defense will always hold on, quit trying to be "classy", and keep scoring points until the game is TRULY out of reach or it's over.

Or he just happened to play a good team... They were ranked #16 for a reason.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Or he just happened to play a good team... They were ranked #16 for a reason.

Didn't say the Huskies aren't good, but he did the same thing vs ASU and has done it at other times. I'm not saying you necessarily have to run verticals and take constant shots down the field, but just slamming into the middle and running "safe" plays on your way to 3-and-outs isn't a recipe for success.
Didn't say the Huskies aren't good, but he did the same thing vs ASU and has done it at other times. I'm not saying you necessarily have to run verticals and take constant shots down the field, but just slamming into the middle and running "safe" plays on your way to 3-and-outs isn't a recipe for success.

I somewhat agree. Shaw is a great coach but he needs to be more aggressive in the 4th quarter of games. It's more than obvious he's trying to kill the clock. Against an up-tempo offense like Washington or Oregon that s**t isn't going to fly. Put your foot on their throats and end the game on your terms.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Spread, can you make?
lol Bruins 238 total yards
2 days before the biggest CFB game of the year and this thread is quiet? You guys must be scared
Wow. I work out here in menlo park, and people out here are going nuts already. This game is huge!
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
2 days before the biggest CFB game of the year and this thread is quiet? You guys must be scared

Who is scared? Lol

Game sure ain't over. Ask UCLA.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

speaking of quiet, not hearing much quacking on here!

Holy s**t! That sack was unreal!!!
thank you Stanford for exposing Mariota!!!

I've been saying he is over rated. Good player, but not great.
f**k nike u
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
thank you Stanford for exposing Mariota!!!

I've been saying he is over rated. Good player, but not great.

The defense hasn't been doing him ANY favors, but I think any team that takes him higher than the 4th round is making a mistake.
No one has made Oregon look this way since before Bellotti. Shocked, but this is so typical of the PAC10(now12): prevent the higher-ranked team from a legit shot at the NC.

PS- F Horseface! (aka Smell-way). Seeing him re-stokes my hate-fire for him and Stanford. Go IRISH!
Share 49ersWebzone