LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Stanford Cardinal Football Thread

Originally posted by reno9er:
The Greg Roman influence is still strong here.

lolwut...shaw was OC under Harbaugh

roman was TE and OL tackles coach
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

He was assistant HC - Offense. That was his official title. Shaw yes was OC. If you don't see Roman's ineptitude influence here I can't help you. And yes Shaw shares in that.
Damn. Crushed his liver.

He was assistant HC - Offense. That was his official title. Shaw yes was OC. If you don't see Roman's ineptitude influence here I can't help you. And yes Shaw shares in that.
lol, you can't help ..just like roman can't help an offense

Singletary was an assistant coach for christ sakes
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Survived
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol, you can't help ..just like roman can't help an offense

Singletary was an assistant coach for christ sakes

I have no idea wtf you are talking about lol
Owusu's younger brother got concussed too. Is it their build, running style, or just coincidence?

IMO Mora was way too conservative.
A remedial offense with 2 lousy QBs is not a recipe for success...they got lucky vs UCLA but none to be had tonight, that was embarrassing. Why couldn't it have been against say Oregon...but no to Washington, lame-a** Seahawk fans just in Huskies gear.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 1, 2016 at 8:07 AM ]
last post was a year ago, lol

Well ASU comes to Stanford, and I'm missing the game

ASU lost to SD State by 10, and Stanford lost to SD State by 3. So should be a good game? By looking at the game stats, basically ASU pass D did a better job, and ASU's rush D did a worse job. And conversely, our passing O did a better job and our rushing O did a worse job.

ASU Strengths:
1) WRs are talented - Sophmore N'Keal Harry has an NFL future, Jalen Harvey is our go-to clutch guy, and we have 2-3 speedsters that stretch the field. Our team takes deep shots in passing and our WRs do a pretty good job

2) RBs - despite the poor YPC, seniors Ballage and Richards are both very talented. Ballage a home run threat, Richards a between the tacklers guy that gets every yard

3) DTs - Despite our poor rushing defense, our two DTs do a pretty good job. Most of the damage comes from running to the outside

4) QB - Wilkins is not amazing, but he doesn't turn the ball over (zero picks on year). He can scramble a bit, but not super athletic. Arm strength is decent but not amazing. What he does best is taking lots of deep shots without turning it over.

ASU weaknesses:
1) Offensive line - Our first 3 games it was real ugly, DTs going unblocked ugly. Against Oregon they improved but still, you guys should be making plays in our backfield all night long. Our OL is pretty young and improving, but still very far away from being good.

2) Secondary - These are the worst safeties I've ever seen. Our CBs are okay at best.

3) No Pass Rush - Koron Crump is our best pass rusher and he's injured. Without him, the only pass rush we get is from blitzing. Against Oregon we were using Safety blitzes to generate pressure. We also often only rush 3 guys. So we either bring the house, or bring nothing.

4) Special Teams - Outside our kicker, our special teams is weak. Our punter has been horrible. We've fumbled a punt return, and we've given up a kick off for a TD.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM ]
^^^ I'll be there. I go to alot of Stanford home games. Should be a decent one.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

You guys should be favored by 10. I planned a trip for this weekend months ago before checking the schedule. I know a lot of ASU people that will be tailgaiting.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

You guys should be favored by 10. I planned a trip for this weekend months ago before checking the schedule. I know a lot of ASU people that will be tailgaiting.
-16 for SU

-16 for SU

Interesting. I'd take asu +16

-16 for SU

Interesting. I'd take asu +16
I think Bryce Love is going to start being mentioned as a Heisman candidate...5 games in and he's already close to 1100 yds rushing with 8 TDs and a s**tload of 20+ yard runs.

You usually see track guys at WR, but he's at RB and not just some scatback, besides blazing speed and great jukes, he also breaks tackles, have seen him use a nice stiff arm a few times. Although he can catch they don't use him in the passing game the way they did McCaffrey...and while I doubt he has the hands of McCaffrey, I think he's actually a better runner.

Some tough opponents coming up though, and with Stanford's generally awful QB play (although a little better with Costello) and remedial offense, defenses will be geared to stopping Love.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 3, 2017 at 12:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone