LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

2013 College Football Thread!

how you gonna let a team run 500 yards on you? lol man.. auburn has been fun to watch this year.. and i don't even watch much college
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Mike Smith confirmed to reporters in Atlanta that Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter has spoken with Boise State about its opening.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Mike Smith confirmed to reporters in Atlanta that Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter has spoken with Boise State about its opening.

lol, back to where it all started
I think FSU is gonna win the tile big
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Still angry about this

Jadeveon Clowney caught speeding, 110 mph in a 70 mph zone. He's already turning into the next Aldon Smith:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10111471/south-carolina-gamecocks-jadeveon-clowney-gets-speeding-ticket-driving-110-mph
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Dec 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM ]
Mack Brown done?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownOB5

High-level sources tell http://bit.ly/2ENVsd ; Mack Brown will step down after 16 years at Texas. My story ... http://bit.ly/1kwvDJ4
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS

Heard from two sources who said the @ChipBrownOB report about Mack Brown being out at #Texas will prove accurate.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Heard from two sources who said the @ChipBrownOB report about Mack Brown being out at #Texas will prove accurate.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/12/10/5196814/nick-saban-texas-longhorns-rumors-austin-airport

LOLOLOL.

Kirk Herbstriet just said maybe Harbaugh for Texas job. Says he has heard some rumblings. Wtf
I think its the other Harbaugh John not Jim. I would rather have John any day
over Nick Saban.
[ Edited by Atxniner on Dec 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Bryan Harsin is taking the #BoiseState job, source tells cbs.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Kirk Herbstriet just said maybe Harbaugh for Texas job. Says he has heard some rumblings. Wtf

Actually I think Herbstriet said he didn't have any insider, and that Harbaugh was just a guy he thought was a good fit. Neither of the brother would go to Texas. From Super Bowl to Sugar Bowl? That's silly.

I strongly believe Saban is staying at Alabama. I mean they've basically given him the keys to the car which is what you have to do with a coach like him. But still they're paying Kirby Smart, the DC, head coach money. The OC Doug Nussmehier is getting paid head coach money. Both of these guys are going to be head coaches soon but at this time they're some of the best at what they do.

If you go to ESPN top 150 recruits you'll notice over the past 2 years Alabama has committed 18 kids in the top 3 of their position in the country. This class is going to be the best ever. These past 2 classes combined with the Bama locking up those coordinators has to mean something to Saban.

Why go Texas and wear yourself out building something you've already built? There's just simply no reason for it. Everything he needs is at Bama. The challenge is winning #5 and #6.
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
These past 2 classes combined with the Bama locking up those coordinators has to mean something to Saban.

Why go Texas and wear yourself out building something you've already built? There's just simply no reason for it. Everything he needs is at Bama. The challenge is winning #5 and #6.

1- C.R.E.A.M. - If the rumors are true of a 10 year 100 million dollar deal...it's a tough offer to pass up and definitely a better offer than 7 mill a year. 10 million a year, in a state with no income tax and arguably the best job in college football with the chance to become the GOAT.

2- Legacy - Even if Saban wins 3 more NC's at Bama before he calls it quits, he'll never be Bear Bryant in Alabama. There would be a strong argument that Saban would be the greatest CFB coach of all time yes but if he goes to Texas and wins a couple or maybe a few NC's the argument is much stronger.

All that aside, he could be using the opportunity to leverage Alabama into a bigger contract extension, meaning more than 7 mill a year.
Share 49ersWebzone