LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

2013 College Football Thread!

• jrg
  • Veteran
Mizzou being overlooked again
Originally posted by jrg:

They are ranked 5th. Who should they be ranked ahead of in your opinion?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

They are ranked 5th. Who should they be ranked ahead of in your opinion?

Overlooked is probably the wrong way to word it...I'm just frustrated. Mizzou is getting so close.
wrong thread
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM ]
http://m.thepostgame.com/commentary/201208/better-without-em-northern-manifesto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

I've been saying this for years and maybe people, especially in this thread.
1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Alabama
5. Missouri
6. Oklahoma State
7. Stanford
8. South Carolina
9. Baylor
10. Michigan State

South Carolina should be below Baylor and Michigan State, but otherwise I agree. Though I think Mizzou will win the SEC Championship Game.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Alabama
5. Missouri
6. Oklahoma State
7. Stanford
8. South Carolina
9. Baylor
10. Michigan State

South Carolina should be below Baylor and Michigan State, but otherwise I agree. Though I think Mizzou will win the SEC Championship Game.

You know South Carolina is the ONLY team to beat Mizzou right?
1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Alabama
5. Missouri
6. Oklahoma State
7. Stanford
8. South Carolina
9. Baylor
10. Michigan State

You know South Carolina is the ONLY team to beat Mizzou right?

Yeah but it was in double OT when Mizzou had their backup QB. Plus South Carolina has two losses, not just one.
[ Edited by TheRambler on Dec 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
"I wanted to die but I can't leave my wife. Alabama's first in my life. My wife & family are second." - Alabama fan on espn
http://m.thepostgame.com/commentary/201208/better-without-em-northern-manifesto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

I've been saying this for years and maybe people, especially in this thread.

Cool. I read that a year ago.I realize you're jealous of the attention the SEC gets but they get it for a reason. Maybe the hype is slightly overblown but that's a product of the media not the conference.

You have to admit they get the hype for a reason. It has 3 coaches that have won national championships and up until 2 years ago it had 4. LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Alabama have all recently won a championship. If the cards fall right Auburn might be in the game too. Georgia and South Carolina are always in the discussion to win the SEC and almost by default get into the NCG. Last year Georgia and South Carolina played the Big10(Nebraska and Michigan) and came out with a W.

I mean what else do you have to do to be considered the strongest conference?

I think it just steps on people toes because they feel like their program is being tossed aside.

That's not what it means at all.

It's hard to deny that top to bottom and resume considered that the SEC has RECENTLY been the strongest conference. That doesn't mean FSU, Oregon, Clemson, Stanford, OSU, Michigan, Okla, Texas, or USC could not meet the SEC on neutral ground and give them the business. Last year Florida and LSU we're beaten by the ACC. Clemson and Louisville gave them the business although Florida beat FSU at the end of that season.

I think people don't like the fact that it's almost been accepted that the strongest team in nation will be in the SEC, and up until this year that has been the case.

I'm glad that the playoffs start next year. Hopefully people will stop complaining when their conference is represented postseason, Honestly it's a better method too. You never know who's going to play their best football when it really counts, and getting the best football is the point. Plus I think the playoffs will increase the chances of the SEC getting in.

[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 2, 2013 at 5:05 AM ]

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
here's to hoping Auburn and THE Ohio State U lose next week.

FSU/Bama is the only National Championship game worth watching.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:

IF that happens, and given how close Mizzou is behind Bama in the rankings(both human and computers), they will almost assuredly (and deservedly) jump Bama and play FSU for the NC. They would be the SEC Champions, not Bama and would be the rightful team to play in the NCG. Bama's only real hope of the NCG relies upon both FSU and tOSU losing next week.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
IF that happens, and given how close Mizzou is behind Bama in the rankings(both human and computers), they will almost assuredly (and deservedly) jump Bama and play FSU for the NC. They would be the SEC Champions, not Bama and would be the rightful team to play in the NCG. Bama's only real hope of the NCG relies upon both FSU and tOSU losing next week.

This.

Someone pointed out OSUs OOC schedule to me.

Buffalo 8-4 with all losses coming OOC
California 1-11
San Diego St. 7-5 with 3 OOC losses
Florida A&M 3-9

I mean if you're trying to play for national championship why are these your first 4 games when you know voters will already discourage you because you play in what is deemed a lesser conference. Idk but after this an undefeated season should be looked at differently and OOC scheduling matters. Bama scheduled Vtech first game of the year. Oregon has Tennesse second game of the year. I mean didn't people learn their lesson last year with ND? This is going to be blowout.
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM ]
Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:

lol this lol

why is Amir sucking off Bama so much? They don't deserve the title this year, they lost late in the season. Case closed.
Originally posted by eonblue:

This.

Someone pointed out OSUs OOC schedule to me.

Buffalo 8-4 with all losses coming OOC
California 1-11
San Diego St. 7-5 with 3 OOC losses
Florida A&M 3-9

I mean if you're trying to play for national championship why are these your first 4 games when you know voters will already discourage you because you play in what is deemed a lesser conference. Idk but after this an undefeated season should be looked at differently and OOC scheduling matters. Bama scheduled Vtech first game of the year. Oregon has Tennesse second game of the year. I mean didn't people learn their lesson last year with ND? This is going to be blowout.

You realize FSU had an easier schedule than OSU, right? So then OSU should be #1 and Auburn should jump FSU
Share 49ersWebzone