There are 164 users in the forums

2013 College Football Thread!

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
k, i'll take Eon's and LA's bet that 'Bama is not in the title game.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Im confused. Did you even read my post? I said Bama shouldn't be in the title game.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
No, the #1 team in the country losing a regular season road game to the #4 team in the country is not like the Heat losing a 7 game series where everyone plays essentially the same schedule. Since this is something that's voted on rather than settled on the field, if someone (not me obviously) feels that a team is one of the best two teams in the country, it does matter.

Winning your division in the SEC is like putting the Spurs, Heat, Pacers, & Thunder in the same division and then saying that the 3 who didn't make it are out while the Buckey....errr....Mavericks play them for the title.

Nice comparison.

Playoffs should handle highly ranked conference opponents knocking each other off.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Im confused. Did you even read my post? I said Bama shouldn't be in the title game.

k, correction. just LA then
College playoffs right now.

FSU vs Alabama
OSU vs Auburn

SEC BOWL BABAAYY!!! WOOO!!

FSU vs Alabama
OSU vs Auburn

and unless there is an upset the SEC is likely shut out of the title game.

FSU vs Alabama
OSU vs Auburn

I'm patient enough to wait for after the title games.

But if Auburn wins, I'd prefer to see Oklahoma State as the 4th seed. 'Bama has the better on paper resume, but I'd rather see a more equal distribution of conferences in playoffs.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You don't Mich St. stands a chance against OSU?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
k, i'll take Eon's and LA's bet that 'Bama is not in the title game.

Put your money where your mouth is.

The f**k? I said that's who it should be. You're not that dense.

I still dont understand your logic though. How can you say that Bama should be in the NCG just because in your estimation they are one of the top 2 best teams. Doesnt it matter that they lost today or do you just ignore that?
I'm patient enough to wait for after the title games.

But if Auburn wins, I'd prefer to see Oklahoma State as the 4th seed. 'Bama has the better on paper resume, but I'd rather see a more equal distribution of conferences in playoffs.

It's not about equal distribution and you know it. Voters want the best games for viewers because that's where the moneys at. If you think Olka St vs FSU is more marquee than FSU vs Bama your crazy. Nobody would choose Olka St over Bama because they're better. If you wanted equal distributions than they should just let the power conferences CCG winners play each other.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM ]

Like I said............. unless there is an upset. Sure, Mich St has a chance

I still dont understand your logic though. How can you say that Bama should be in the NCG just because in your estimation they are one of the top 2 best teams. Doesnt it matter that they lost today or do you just ignore that?

Personally the loss doesn't mean much. Utah didn't mean much to half this board and that was a beatdown. Bama misses 4 FG, penalty negates one, Cooper drops a TD throws, and to top it all off they bust coverage on the last play. Auburns offense found a way to score but Bamas found a way to lose. I wouldn't say ignoring it but just not giving it much stock but voters wont care hence Bama plays UCF in the Sugar Bowl.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 30, 2013 at 11:36 PM ]

Like I said............. unless there is an upset. Sure, Mich St has a chance

It would be absurd to put a 1 loss in and keep an undefeated out. Ohio State went undefeated 2 years in a row. I know last year doesn't mean anything for this year but I'm just saying.

A SEC less championship I think would actually be good for this year. Give somebody else a chance. 9/10 years they are in it. They had their chances this year too but key teams lost and that means something. A loss counts for something as does undefeated count for something.
It's not about equal distribution and you know it. Voters want the best games for viewers because that's where the moneys at. If you think Olka St vs FSU is more marquee than FSU vs Bama your crazy. Nobody would choose Olka St over Bama because they're better. If you wanted equal distributions than they should just let the power conferences CCG winners play each other.

I'd much prefer it as a CCG winners playoff.

I think it would produce a lot of surprising results. Not unlike the NFL where a 6th seed making playoffs in the final game to make wildcard can win the superbowl
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It would be absurd to put a 1 loss in and keep an undefeated out. Ohio State went undefeated 2 years in a row. I know last year doesn't mean anything for this year but I'm just saying.

A SEC less championship I think would actually be good for this year. Give somebody else a chance. 9/10 years they are in it. They had their chances this year too but key teams lost and that means something. A loss counts for something as does undefeated count for something.

You call winning out in a round robin of the toughest teams in the nation having a chance? Its funny how half this board completely ignored an undefeated Baylor for a 1 loss Oregon and a 1 loss Stanford. Now suddenly everyone's a W/L purist. It is what it is. OSU is undefeated and it would be unfair to their fans to not let them in. Come playoff time this problem will be solved.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM ]
I'd much prefer it as a CCG winners playoff.

I think it would produce a lot of surprising results. Not unlike the NFL where a 6th seed making playoffs in the final game to make wildcard can win the superbowl

What conferences and how would you seed it?
Share 49ersWebzone