LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
I feel sorry that your feelings got hurt and you're upset at the comment "it's going to be a long season" Ninerjohn.

They still have a good team. They'll win 50 games on talent alone lol wtf

You guys are dumb. "It's going to be a long season" = "we're going deep into the playoffs"
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I feel sorry that your feelings got hurt and you're upset at the comment "it's going to be a long season" Ninerjohn.

They still have a good team. They'll win 50 games on talent alone lol wtf

Time will tell whether this is a good move or not but its idiotic to make any judgement before Kerr has even coached 1 game.

the judgement was based upon his inability to put together a team a GM. what makes you think he can coach. it's my opinion he'll flame out. live with it.

Because genius he isnt being asked to put the roster together. He is simply being asked to coach the team. You think Trent Baalke could coach the Niners? LOL Two completely different roles.

You can have your opinion but it isnt based on anything meaningful.
His inability to put together a team lol he actually did pretty good as a GM
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Mark Jackson was African-American, and he got the job with a lesser resume.

He played in the NBA for 17 years was in the playoffs many times, he didn't play with MJ. He signed a 4 year 8 million deal with the Warriors.

Kerr played 15 seasons in the NBA and was in the playoffs many times. He has experience post-playing career working for an NBA franchise. Please, lets not turn this into a race issue.
Seriously! Why is race even being brought up here. Mark Jackson was not hired or fired because he was black and Steve Kerr wasnt hired because he is white. I get so tired of people who want to use the race card on everything.

I agree with what you're saying about Jackson and Kerr, but you've got to be kidding if you are honestly saying you don't see why race is being brought up. You've still got players in the thick of the playoffs--including the (arguably) best player in the world--talking about a boycott. You don't think that a white owner firing a succesful black coach and groveling after a totally inexperienced white coach and giving him a blank check might rub some people the wrong way?

Who cares if it rubs people the wrong way. This was a business decision made to make the Warriors better and not something based on race. Unless someone can prove to me from statements that this was made because of race I will tend to just disregard any comments on itl.
I remember watching Kerr as a kid.

Beyond that I know nothing about his qualifications for being a HC or if this was a potentially good hire or a potentially bad one.

I would think the fact that Jackson wanted him to coach the Knicks would reflect positively on him. Conversely, random people texting knbr are saying he's done nothing as GM of the Suns and he'll bust here.

Someone please educate me.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Mark Jackson was African-American, and he got the job with a lesser resume.

He played in the NBA for 17 years was in the playoffs many times, he didn't play with MJ. He signed a 4 year 8 million deal with the Warriors.

Kerr played 15 seasons in the NBA and was in the playoffs many times. He has experience post-playing career working for an NBA franchise. Please, lets not turn this into a race issue.
Seriously! Why is race even being brought up here. Mark Jackson was not hired or fired because he was black and Steve Kerr wasnt hired because he is white. I get so tired of people who want to use the race card on everything.

I agree with what you're saying about Jackson and Kerr, but you've got to be kidding if you are honestly saying you don't see why race is being brought up. You've still got players in the thick of the playoffs--including the (arguably) best player in the world--talking about a boycott. You don't think that a white owner firing a succesful black coach and groveling after a totally inexperienced white coach and giving him a blank check might rub some people the wrong way?

Who cares if it rubs people the wrong way. This was a business decision made to make the Warriors better and not something based on race. Unless someone can prove to me from statements that this was made because of race I will tend to just disregard any comments on itl.

Oh good grief, I think you're smart enough to know I never said or even implied this move was based on race...pretty sure you understand the gist was the optics of the situation, but I could be wrong.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I remember watching Kerr as a kid.

Beyond that I know nothing about his qualifications for being a HC or if this was a potentially good hire or a potentially bad one.

I would think the fact that Jackson wanted him to coach the Knicks would reflect positively on him. Conversely, random people texting knbr are saying he's done nothing as GM of the Suns and he'll bust here.

Someone please educate me.

Wish I could, but he's a complete unknown from a coaching standpoint...which to be fair, so was Jackson. And I think Jackson turned out to be a pretty good one, so I hope Kerr is even better.
Enough of the race talk please.
Wish I could, but he's a complete unknown from a coaching standpoint...which to be fair, so was Jackson. And I think Jackson turned out to be a pretty good one, so I hope Kerr is even better.

Right, but why all the hype? Was it Phil Jackson who started it? " well if Phil wanted him he must be good?"

Right, but why all the hype? Was it Phil Jackson who started it? " well if Phil wanted him he must be good?"

That's my best guess, that the dominoes started to line up once Jackson took the Knicks job..."Phil wants Kerr, ergo Kerr must be a great coach." I don't know, maybe Kerr did a bang-up job coaching his kid's CYO team or something.

Phil wanted someone that knew his system that he could coach with/through. That's what leaves me skeptical about all this "hype"

Phil wanted someone that knew his system that he could coach with/through. That's what leaves me skeptical about all this "hype"

Sounds like a puppet to me.

In Lacobs view maybe he wants a guy who has the potential to be a successful innovative HC, but also someone who will take orders or at least not give him any pushback. I'd hate to have Lacob or his kid coaching this team from behind the scenes.

In Lacobs view maybe he wants a guy who has the potential to be a successful innovative HC, but also someone who will take orders or at least not give him any pushback. I'd hate to have Lacob or his kid coaching this team from behind the scenes.

Even though Jackson downplayed it, do believe something big went down between him and Kirk Lacob...and all I can wonder about is what Mark Jackson--an all-time great at St John's, one the best point guards in NBA history, winning head coach--must've said when some "kid" whose greatest qualification is winning the genetic lottery told him what needed to be done out on the court. Of course I don't know if they really had it out and if they did, what it was about...but that's my working theory.

Even though Jackson downplayed it, do believe something big went down between him and Kirk Lacob...and all I can wonder about is what Mark Jackson--an all-time great at St John's, one the best point guards in NBA history, winning head coach--must've said when some "kid" whose greatest qualification is winning the genetic lottery told him what needed to be done out on the court. Of course I don't know if they really had it out and if they did, what it was about...but that's my working theory.

As good or better theory as any IMO.

this is a total different situation except for the part where PJ was unknown as a head coach. that's about as far as the comparison can be had. for those whom are forgetting/didn't know, PJ was a assistant under Doug Collins with the Chi Bulls. Therefore, he had some understanding of what it's like to be involved with coaching. After DC was let go PJ walked into the Chi Bulls locker room in the '91 season to a starting 5 which just needed that push to get over the bad-boyz hump. A starting 5 of MJ(NC Chapel Hill), SP(Central Arkansas), JP(ND), HG(Clemson), and BC(San Francisco). with PJ's zen master like teaching and the triangle offense(tex winter's offense to be exact) the Bulls Dominated and the rest is history. It was if the sun, moon and the star aligned at the precise moment. As someone mentioned already PJ wanted SK for the simple reason that PJ was going to coach through SK. I mentioned that several pages earlier. But SK parlayed that into a contact with GSW.

will the sun, moon and the stars align for SK. well it's still unknown.
Share 49ersWebzone