There are 280 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
so LA Lakers I guess are a sh!tty team then?

Currently, yes. They have zero talent outside of a broken down Kobe Bryant. There is dysfunction within the organization since Dr. Buss passed away. It's a bad situation. GSW is a much better spot at the moment.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Dude, they were the only two teams because they were the only job openings he would consider. He's not going to listen to every s**tty team that comes calling. He's not going to listen to the Cavaliers or the Bucks. He's only going to consider prime coaching opportunities. Knicks and Warriors were the best of the bunch.

so LA Lakers I guess are a sh!tty team then?

Have you seen today's Lakers? Yes, they f**king suck and they'll suck for awhile too.
Kerr wasn't my first choice but I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself. A few of you are already quick to judge and jump to conclusions of our upcoming season before it even starts. Smh.
I unpinned it because its over, but Kerr is a hope it works bet. Another ex player with no coaching experience. Meh
guess if you folks are cool with what y'all are getting then I'm happy for you folks. just know that it will be a long season.

You don't know that. Let Kerr coach one season before judging him. He was a hot commodity for a reason. He knows the game.

THIS. What a joke to already saying that this will be a long season for the Warriors. Some people shouldnt post.

I'm glad the Warriors got the guy they really wanted. He was the one name that the fans and players (hopefully) will be excited about. I am very surprised that Kerr chose the Dubs but happy right now about it.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Mark Jackson was African-American, and he got the job with a lesser resume.

He played in the NBA for 17 years was in the playoffs many times, he didn't play with MJ. He signed a 4 year 8 million deal with the Warriors.

Kerr played 15 seasons in the NBA and was in the playoffs many times. He has experience post-playing career working for an NBA franchise. Please, lets not turn this into a race issue.
Seriously! Why is race even being brought up here. Mark Jackson was not hired or fired because he was black and Steve Kerr wasnt hired because he is white. I get so tired of people who want to use the race card on everything.
He played in the NBA for 17 years was in the playoffs many times, he didn't play with MJ. He signed a 4 year 8 million deal with the Warriors.

are you seriously turning this into a race issue? lol wtf
I have mixed feelings, he's never coached. If he was African-American with the same resume would he be even considered? Gentry, McMillan and several others are basketball men that ran teams and produced. Do you think the aforementioned coaches, if signed by the Warriors, would've received the same salary ?

This is along the lines of what I said earlier today...it's something that would've been there regardless, but magnified by the Sterling situation, it's not hard to imagine that some Warriors players might be upset that a coach they campaigned to keep--said they were playing for his job, said they wanted him to stay, a coach they respected and loved, a coach that helped turn the franchise around, a coach that WON, and a coach who is black--was fired by the white owner who then backed up the money truck for the white TV analyst with zero coaching experience.

As I said, the team leaders are pros, they're going to adapt to whoever is there, but to some of those guys I bet it's just a bad look. They just better win, because if they revert to losing ways then with this already being an issue that's getting some discussion, it will get a lot worse.
I feel sorry that your feelings got hurt and you're upset at the comment "it's going to be a long season" Ninerjohn.
I feel sorry that your feelings got hurt and you're upset at the comment "it's going to be a long season" Ninerjohn.

They still have a good team. They'll win 50 games on talent alone lol wtf

I feel sorry that you are a lousy poster Negrodamus
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Time will tell whether this is a good move or not but its idiotic to make any judgement before Kerr has even coached 1 game.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Mark Jackson was African-American, and he got the job with a lesser resume.

Kerr played 15 seasons in the NBA and was in the playoffs many times. He has experience post-playing career working for an NBA franchise. Please, lets not turn this into a race issue.
Seriously! Why is race even being brought up here. Mark Jackson was not hired or fired because he was black and Steve Kerr wasnt hired because he is white. I get so tired of people who want to use the race card on everything.

I agree with what you're saying about Jackson and Kerr, but you've got to be kidding if you are honestly saying you don't see why race is being brought up. You've still got players in the thick of the playoffs--including the (arguably) best player in the world--talking about a boycott. You don't think that a white owner firing a succesful black coach and groveling after a totally inexperienced white coach and giving him a blank check might rub some people the wrong way?

Time will tell whether this is a good move or not but its idiotic to make any judgement before Kerr has even coached 1 game.

the judgement was based upon his inability to put together a team a GM. what makes you think he can coach. it's my opinion he'll flame out. live with it.

I agree with you here, too...I'm a long-suffering Warriors fan who wanted Jackson to stay, but now I'm in full support of Kerr.
Share 49ersWebzone