There are 202 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
if Kerr gets the job, he'll be implementing the triangle offense. could be real successful with Lee and Bogut being great passing bigs, but i wonder if Curry and Klay would be able to pick it up right away.

I just dont see Kerr turning his back now on Phil Jackson. I would be very surprised anyway.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Oh Lacob I did not mind the firing of Jackson if you can get someone better but you f**ked up. His huge ego will be the downfall of this organization. Have fun SVG dealing with a mediocre team full of chuckers.

Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith will continue to chuck while the star in the making, Andre Drummond, sits and waits.

Not gonna lie, I am interested what SVG will do to Drummond dude has massive potential.

me too. Drummond is untouchable.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
if Kerr gets the job, he'll be implementing the triangle offense. could be real successful with Lee and Bogut being great passing bigs, but i wonder if Curry and Klay would be able to pick it up right away.

I just dont see Kerr turning his back now on Phil Jackson. I would be very surprised anyway.

true. being closer to his daughter (i believe she's attending CAL) and having a more stable nucleus of a team could be real intriguing. quicker road to success, as well.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by schmons:
gonna go after a college coach when this blows up

If they go that route, I like Fred Hoiberg. Would rather roll the dice than hire a coach that is proven mediocrity (SVG, Hollins)

Wat lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:

If they go that route, I like Fred Hoiberg. Would rather roll the dice than hire a coach that is proven mediocrity (SVG, Hollins)

Wat lol

lol foreal

Wat lol

lol foreal

Yea I said it lol. I don't see SVG or Holllins being any better than a George Karl, who people love to say is overrated. SVG and Hollins are just as overrated. Good enough to win 50 games, sure, but not much more. I'd rather roll the dice and go with someone who has the potential to be something greater than that. Just my opinion.

Wat lol

lol foreal

Yea I said it lol. I don't see SVG or Holllins being any better than a George Karl, who people love to say is overrated. SVG and Hollins are just as overrated. Good enough to win 50 games, sure, but not much more. I'd rather roll the dice and go with someone who has the potential to be something greater than that. Just my opinion.

I would be fine with Kevin Ollie or Fred Holberg but I doubt either will leave college right now for the NBA. Not sure how Hollins is overrated though. He won 56 games with a Memphis team that had good talent but no superstars. To me, he is the most likely choice at this point.
Hoiberg's considered to be one of the better future pro coaches that are now on the college level.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Hoiberg's considered to be one of the better future pro coaches that are now on the college level.

This, I like him. He knows the NBA game well as a player, and has front office experience, so he has experience at all levels. Plus, he's young.

I'd be OK with Hollins, he's a proven commodity, but I don't see how he fits the Warriors vision for having a more consistent, fluid offensive system. He is committed and coaches defense well. I like that about him. However, Bob Myers has said they don't want to keep cycling coaches every 3-4 years, but will surely do so with Hollins. He's 60 years old.
What would it take to get Thibs? Would have to first somehow get permission from Chicago to interview him, though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Stunner: Steve Kerr spurns the Knicks, accepts Warriors' head coach job. Story coming on http://NBA.com&nbsp

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Steve Kerr has agreed to a 5 year, approximately $25 million deal with Golden State, source tells Yahoo.
What was the point of firing Mark Jackson, a long time point guard who had no coaching experience what so ever, to hire Steve Kerr, a long time point guard with no coaching experience what so ever?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Steve Kerr
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
What was the point of firing Mark Jackson, a long time point guard who had no coaching experience what so ever, to hire Steve Kerr, a long time point guard with no coaching experience what so ever?

don't be so short-sighted, it's not that simple
Originally posted by YungAce:
Is the Kerr deal even finalized? Last I checked, we were meeting with him during the OKC/LA game earlier tonight.

You rumor turkeys just couldn't let it play out lol
[ Edited by YungAce on May 14, 2014 at 5:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone