LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

how has toney douglas looked? i've already seen a couple of new backup point guard threads across different warriors forums
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
how has toney douglas looked? i've already seen a couple of new backup point guard threads across different warriors forums

He looked damn good playing defense against the Kings last night. Dude plays great DEF and can shoot some 3's.
[ Edited by Muggins on Nov 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]
finally beat the kings..
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by crzy:
I've defended him for years, but Boogie Cousins is this generations' Rasheed Wallace. He's both tantalizing and infuriating to watch.

The Kings obviously got a steal with the 5th pick in Cousins. But they'd have been better off if they sold high on his potential....instead of committing so much to a guy like that. I understand why they committed to Cousins, given their arena/ownership issues, and the need to have an immediate marketable star player to reinvigorate the basketball community in SacTown.

But seriously....making Boogie Cousins the face of your franchise is just insanity. They should have dangled him for a real franchise cornerstone.

Lol stick to talking about the warriors please

Wait a couple years and you'll agree with me. Trust me.

Boogie definitely has Sheeditis.

And maybe you'd settle for that..

But personally Id sell high on him

I'm not saying that NBA players have to be saints. But if you're gonna build a team around a player...then that guy needs to have strong leadership qualities to earn the respect of the lockerroom. Can you honestly tell me that Cousins has that? Lol

Well first off, he's only 23 years old. Secondly, this is his first year with a real NBA coach, and real NBA organization.

He's already made huge strides in his maturation and leadership. You'd know that if you were a kings fan and followed everything he and the team has done.

Stick to talking about the warriors cause you seem to know more about them

Sounds like you're trying hard to convince yourself. Good luck with that buddy.

Give me a guy who was the leader of his team at the age of 23
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Give me a guy who was the leader of his team at the age of 23

I only brought all this up because I was completely amazed at how easily Bogut got into his head and took him out of his entire game

Anyways, I'm not saying you can't win with Cousins at all. I'm just saying that I wouldn't build a team around him as my centerpiece. If you surrounded him with strong personalities and veteran guys and Cousins was maybe your 2nd or 3rd best player.......like the situation the Lakers had with Andrew Bynum.....then you'd be golden.

For example, imagine if the Cousins were on the Warriors
[ Edited by crzy on Nov 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm not too worried about Steph's turnover issue. Warriors forums making a big deal about it.

Steph will regress to the 6 APG / 3 TPG player that he is.

I mean, Curry will never be an elite Chris Paul level ball handler. That's not his game.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YungAce:

He's great defensively. I mean that's his role. But he's a very limited player overall. Huge downgrade overall from Jarret Jack to Douglas.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
[ Edited by jimrat on Nov 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM ]
I only brought all this up because I was completely amazed at how easily Bogut got into his head and took him out of his entire game

Anyways, I'm not saying you can't win with Cousins at all. I'm just saying that I wouldn't build a team around him as my centerpiece. If you surrounded him with strong personalities and veteran guys and Cousins was maybe your 2nd or 3rd best player.......like the situation the Lakers had with Andrew Bynum.....then you'd be golden.

For example, imagine if the Cousins were on the Warriors

Cool, a Cousins talk in the GS thread brought up by a GS fan. I'll partake.

The Kings HAD to sign Cousins. They absolutely could not give up their only potential all star player. The only player who could be marketable and also intriguing. After new ownership bought the team, the excitement, the arena issues, etc, they couldn't give him up and get back some picks or some other guys that would have a huge drop off in talent. It was a necessary risk. Its easy for you to point out the maturity issues everyone has talked about the last couple of years, but guys with that talent don't get to Sac too often. We know how FA is. We don't get all star FAs in Sac. We have to hope to hit in the draft which is never guaranteed.

The new front office and coaching staff are hoping that by showing Cuz that they are committed to him and that they will actually invest in the team he will slowly mature as he grows up. Already, so far off the court he has said and done everything perfectly. The first two games he played really well and showed why they gave him the money. He had a horrendous game against GS, but the Kings' team will have a lot more of those this year. Its a young team that isn't that good yet.

Its a four year deal and IMO had to be done. After the time is up, the Kings can reassess the situation. Again, they couldn't let a talent like that walk away. I'm not sure what you think they would have got for him, but it wouldn't be an all star caliber 5.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm not too worried about Steph's turnover issue. Warriors forums making a big deal about it.

Steph will regress to the 6 APG / 3 TPG player that he is.

I mean, Curry will never be an elite Chris Paul level ball handler. That's not his game.

I don't think ball handling is the main cause of the turnovers. It's mostly all the one handed passes that are being tipped/deflected (telegraphed) in the passing lanes. This is a habit he just hasn't broken yet.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM ]
Well first off, he's only 23 years old. Secondly, this is his first year with a real NBA coach, and real NBA organization.

He's already made huge strides in his maturation and leadership. You'd know that if you were a kings fan and followed everything he and the team has done.

Stick to talking about the warriors cause you seem to know more about them

in defense of marsh, i have seen Cousins mature a little bit in the few Kings games I've watched. what he needs to understand is that he is targeted by teams. opposing teams will try to get in his head early and get him to commit fouls. he still shows too much frustration after that.
I'm gonna say this now....

PAY KLAY! i know it's only been a few games this season, but wow, he's shown a lot of progress driving to the rim, understanding that his 6'7'' frame can be real successful at it. Klay Thompson being able to drive, hit the 3 ball, and play great defense, is someone that needs to be resigned before the Lakers make a play.

Oh, and i want to buy one of those white, short sleeved jerseys.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

PAY KLAY! i know it's only been a few games this season, but wow, he's shown a lot of progress driving to the rim, understanding that his 6'7'' frame can be real successful at it. Klay Thompson being able to drive, hit the 3 ball, and play great defense, is someone that needs to be resigned before the Lakers make a play.

The Warriors arent going to let Klay go. He will get his money.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

The Warriors arent going to let Klay go. He will get his money.

Iggy: "I love Klay. He's my favorite player. My goal...just pass it to Klay"
Share 49ersWebzone