LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

The Official 2013-14 Golden State Warriors Thread

Originally posted by crzy:
I'm late on this but I'm happy that the rockets signed Dwight and not us.

Don't get me wrong he's a hell of a player but he is the biggest little b***h in the history of professional sports. And man I would have been massively conflicted seeing him in a Dubs jersey. So kudos to the Rockets.

I got no problem with his play on the court but the guy just irks me. His desire to be liked; his awkward attempts to copy all of Shaq's antics; his narcissism and complete lack of self awareness; his attention-whoring;

I glad that absolutely everyone can now see Dwight as the insecure petulant little child that he is. What a f**king annoying little s**t he is. I just want someone to slap him

Its too bad too. I wish someone told a young Dwight Howard that he would have received all of the adulation; worship; and jersey-retiring ceremonies that he wants so badly if he just shut the f**k up..quit it with his awkward goofball personality...quit trying to be funny... And just played the f**king game.

I agree. He has amazing talent, but whiny punks like him always find ways to NOT win championships. Something lacking inside them where they always fail in the biggest moments when responsibility is on their shoulders. This is not the guy I would choose to lead a team and be the man.
Mike Trudell ✔ @LakersReporter
Andrew Bogut left 2 min. into the game, and is out for the rest of the night w/a lower back strain.

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Andrew Bogut left 2 min. into the game, and is out for the rest of the night w/a lower back strain.

good thing we haven't signed him yet. maybe we'll get a better discount for this glass man lol

on a side note, Iggy playing great at point and distributing the ball real well. Curry had a rough shooting night. looks like Klay will be starting with Barnes as the 6th.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

good thing we haven't signed him yet. maybe we'll get a better discount for this glass man lol

on a side note, Iggy playing great at point and distributing the ball real well. Curry had a rough shooting night. looks like Klay will be starting with Barnes as the 6th.

14 assists and 7 boards in 29 minutes. Guys were just spotting up and he was finding them. Need that badly...when Steph is on or off the floor.
You guys got a steal in iggy. My fave 76er for a long time. Got routed in that deal.

Hope you don't pay bogut big money to be injured.
ESPN On the most exciting team in the NBA to watch

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: 89
Zach: Holy crap. This was a blowout. I did a double-take when Golden State ended up atop my rankings, but you had them in the same spot, and they finished a whopping 5.5 points ahead of the no. 2 team. Wow.

Bill: I think it was either Emily Dickinson or Andrew Sharp who said it best: The heart wants what it wants. And our League Pass hearts want the Warriors.

Zach: I mean, Golden State is good and all, and their playoff run was super-fun. But how did this happen? How did Golden State become the most watchable team in the NBA?

Bill: Best home crowd in the league. Top-three uniforms, top-three colors, really nice floor.

Zach: Agreed on the uniforms and team color scheme. I'd have to think about the floors, but Golden State is a very aesthetically pleasing team overall.

Bill: Why do I feel a "Top 30 Floors" column coming from you this season? Here's what else the Dubs bring to the table: very good announcers. Great team chemistry. Likable players. West Coast start times.

Zach: Boo to Pacific Time. They are a morning coffee/DVR team for me.

Bill: It's not my fault you live on the wrong coast. The Warriors also have lineup flexibility — they can go big or small. Plus, they mixed it up from last season by adding Iggy, which gives them a different feel from last year and opens up engaging questions like "What's their best lineup?" and "Is this setting Harrison Barnes back?" I think they're a top-10 team and a fringe contender, but they aren't good enough to win at home by going on cruise control — that means we're getting their best every night. And best of all, they have one of the league's best "TURN THIS GAME ON RIGHT F---ING NOW!" guys. What am I missing? Don't be ashamed, Zach Lowe. Follow your heart.

Zach: Curry was the guy who really swung this. I'm not sure exactly when it started — maybe the 54-point game at MSG, maybe earlier — but he is crashing the top of the "change the channel, this guy is going crazy" rankings. I mean, who else is up there? LeBron, Rose, Kyrie, Durant, Curry … is that it? Maybe a rejuvenated Dirk? Other guys can take over games, but they either need someone to pass them the ball (Griffin), or they are more clinical than stylish/explosive/insane (Chris Paul, James Harden).

Bill: It's LeBron, Curry and Durant … then it drops off to the next tier. Unless you want to count Byron Mullens going for an 0-for-20.

Zach: Anyway, Curry is up there, and you're right on about the lineup flexibility. Iggy is going to be so great here, filling all the little gaps — guarding the best perimeter player, making the right passes on offense, passing and cutting so that the system keeps moving. I love that guy. But, no. 1? By a landslide? Are we going to regret this in three months?

Bill: You'll have to ask Steph Curry's ankles.
^^ is that from Bill Simmons' podcast?
Nice read. I still can't believe what we've built
Arco = best home crowd
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Arco = best home crowd

Best home potatoes

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
^^ is that from Bill Simmons' podcast?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9842281/the-grantland-annual-nba-league-pass-rankings
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Absolutely LOVE that article by Simmons and Lowe, my two favorite NBA writers.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Arco = best home crowd

Someone is stuck in 2002 lol
Arco = best home crowd

When it was arco was it not the best home crowd?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Arco = best home crowd

When it was arco was it not the best home crowd?

Every year before 2001 and every year after 2004
Share 49ersWebzone