LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

[Football] How will Stanford's 2013 season finish?

[Football] How will Stanford's 2013 season finish?

Can't wait for this season to kick-off, I'll be at the home opener vs. San Jose State.

• teeohh
  • Veteran
5 wins
5 Star recruit committed to Stanford.

Better than Cal
1 loss to SJSU
Barry Sanders Jr ghana win the Heisman

Stanford Football‏@StanfordFball #gostanford RT @DufresneLATimes: In four-year span since 2009, Alabama will have played five 1-AA opponents compared to zero for Stanford.

Stanford Football@StanfordFball

#Rankman #gostanford RT @DufresneLATimes: Stanford plays 5 teams this year ranked in the AP preseason T-25.......Alabama plays two.

Stanford Football ‏@StanfordFball

#Rankman on No. 1 & 2. #gostanford RT @DufresneLATimes: Here is an interesting fact: Alabama is 35-5 the last three seasons. So is Stanford.

[ Edited by 5NorCalSavage2 on Aug 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:
Stanford Football‏@StanfordFball #gostanford RT @DufresneLATimes: In four-year span since 2009, Alabama will have played five 1-AA opponents compared to zero for Stanford.
Stanford Football ‏@StanfordFball #Rankman #gostanford RT @DufresneLATimes: Stanford plays 5 teams this year ranked in the AP preseason T-25.......Alabama plays two.
Stanford Football ‏@StanfordFball #Rankman on No. 1 & 2. #gostanford RT @DufresneLATimes: Here is an interesting fact: Alabama is 35-5 the last three seasons. So is Stanford.

Whats your point
Originally posted by eonblue:
Whats your point

Stanford has been underrated for a few years now.

I agree. They've done really well to stay competitive despite their lack of 4&5 star recruits. The coaching staff has taken a group of relative unknowns and it turned it into the best defense in the Pac12 and the oline has couple of early round prospects. I'm really excited to see what they do with Keller Chyrst behind the 2012 oline recruits.

I really hope they do good this year. I think they can win the pac12 easily but I don't think they make it to a National championship because the last half of their season is brutal and the beginning isn't a cake walk either.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:

I agree. They've done really well to stay competitive despite their lack of 4&5 star recruits. The coaching staff has taken a group of relative unknowns and it turned it into the best defense in the Pac12 and the oline has couple of early round prospects. I'm really excited to see what they do with Keller Chyrst behind the 2012 oline recruits.

I really hope they do good this year. I think they can win the pac12 easily but I don't think they make it to a National championship because the last half of their season is brutal and the beginning isn't a cake walk either.

I agree with everything you said, I think the future is very bright and as long as David Shaw sticks around I can guarantee Stanford will always field a great team. Also winning the Pac-12 will be tough because Stanford tends to grind games out and keep them close regardless of the opponent. Therefore leaving the door open for last minute upsets to mediocre squads. I'm hoping for another Pac-12 title, the BCS title would just be the icing on the cake. Kevin Hogan has to step it up this year and help carry this team, I hope he can keep that undefeated streak alive.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Stanford is going to be amazing this year.
Originally posted by crzy:
Stanford is going to be amazing this year.

Share 49ersWebzone