There are 220 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 13/14

Originally posted by 4ML:
After a crazy week for Barca...some good news in the last couple days.

Dongou & Bagnack got extensions...Dongou has already played couple of games with Barca at the age of 18.

Looks like Barca will sign Ter Stegen to replace Valdes next season. IMO...that's a huge upgrade in long term. Stegen has the potential to be one of the top goalies in the World. He's a perfect fit for Barca...which is just as important.

HAHA!!... I was gonna post about the signings too. I'm encouraged about the Bagnack signing because he plays the position that is weakest in the current squad. However, I've read some fans saying that he is not that good and is not playing regularly. Don't know how true that is since I don't follow Barca B that much. He is also 18 so he really won't help the senior side for at least 3 or 4 years based on the way that they seem to bring along their young talent (Tello, Bartra, Montoya, Deulofeu, Sergi Roberto, etc).
This s**t is unreal:

• Jcool
  • Veteran
NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports

David Beckham will head a new expansion franchise in Miami, Major League Soccer announced on Wednesday
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messi scored two great goals today. Finally!!!
Messi scored two great goals today. Finally!!!

The team needs him at his best in the coming months... starting with the Feb 18th game against Manchester City.

The injuries might've been a blessing in disguise. He is rested, healthy, and could be a lot fresher and hitting his stride in the upcoming months. And there is also that little tournament in Brazil that starts in mid June.
- Bayern will repeat
- Liverpool is back
- World Cup trophy stays in Europa
[ Edited by Touchdownboy1980 on Feb 11, 2014 at 1:22 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
This s**t is unreal:

that's like being a child in your backyard f**king around with your friends and trying crazy ass tricks, can't pull that off again but beautiful
The Copa del Rey final will be a Clásico!!
[ Edited by NinerAce on Feb 14, 2014 at 9:20 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerAce:
The Copa del Rey final will be a Clásico!!

As expected
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

• sfout
  • Veteran

Ballotelli > Neymer this week

CITY vs BARCA!!!!!!

Gonna see it delayed cause of work... can't wait!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Ballotelli > Neymer this week

Ballotelli is amazing. If he grows up - he can be a top 5 player. Neymar is still a pup...but if he continues to work hard on the pitch, he's gonna be a top 5 player in couple years. He has surprised me with his level of maturity.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messi scores after forcing a penalty. ManCity down to 10 men too
Messi scores after forcing a penalty. ManCity down to 10 men too

I think the first gol should be on Kompany and not Demichelis. Messi was just laying back offside by a lot of yards just walking back to position. When it became apparent that Navas was going to lose posession, Messi started joggin back to position and Kompany stepped back which enabled Messi to be onside when Iniesta launched his pass. After that, there was nothing Demichelis could do. Perhaps if he had stepped back when Kompany did then maybe he would've reached Messi quicker but the replays show if that if Kompany mantains position when Navas lost the ball then Iniesta wouldn't have passed Leo the ball or if he did then Messi would've been offside.

Also, Pique's gol should have counted. Fabregas was not offside when the pass in his direction was made and Pique was better than level with Cesc after that.
[ Edited by NinerAce on Feb 19, 2014 at 4:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone