LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

204X NBA Champs Sacramento Kings Thread

Originally posted by MuggD:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Let Willie walk and go get Vucevic!

I'm cool with that but what happened to this dude in the Playoffs? He was terrible.

Not sure, I didn't watch any of that series.

In this years playoffs

11 Points
8 Rebounds
3 Assists
1 Block
FG 36%
3PT 23%
FT 79%

Or just look at this. He had one very good game of 22/14/6/3 but take that out and he was horrific.

Toronto is a tough matchup tho and he had a very good overall season. He's our #1 target apparently. FA starts in like 5 days

Who do you want? I'm intrigued by Harris as well
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Well we aren't getting KD etc. and assuming Harrison Barnes is going to be here I think we are definitely going for a Center. I like Vucevic and think we will get him but I would not be opposed to a short term-ish Deandre Jordan signing. We have a lot of fire power so Jordan could do his Clipper thing for us. All in all I guess I'm hoping for Vucevic but not for some crazy contract that ruins the money down the line to re-sign our youngsters.

Well we aren't getting KD etc. and assuming Harrison Barnes is going to be here I think we are definitely going for a Center. I like Vucevic and think we will get him but I would not be opposed to a short term-ish Deandre Jordan signing. We have a lot of fire power so Jordan could do his Clipper thing for us. All in all I guess I'm hoping for Vucevic but not for some crazy contract that ruins the money down the line to re-sign our youngsters.

Yeah I'm actually on board with Jordan. Would do the same things WCS does, minus being able to switch defensively out on the perimeter, but better.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Yeah I'm actually on board with Jordan. Would do the same things WCS does, minus being able to switch defensively out on the perimeter, but better.

Honestly I just hope we get Vucevic right away because you know if we whiff on him we will whiff on the rest and end up with some overpaid scrub.
Toronto is a tough matchup tho and he had a very good overall season. He's our #1 target apparently. FA starts in like 5 days

I think you mean June 30, not May 30th
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Aww s**t, lol can't have free agency in the middle of the NBA Finals? They don't need the FA's.

I had convinced myself it was next week too.

Aww s**t, lol can't have free agency in the middle of the NBA Finals? They don't need the FA's.

I had convinced myself it was next week too.

Will be interesting for sure man.
Walton changing up the coaching staff. https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/source-kings-hire-multiple-assistant-coaches-luke-waltons-staff

Six weeks after hiring former Lakers head coach Luke Walton to the same position, the Kings have begun filling out his coaching staff.
A source confirmed to NBC Sports California's James Ham that Sacramento hired multiple assistant coaches Tuesday, including Jesse Mermuys, Roy Rana and Bob Beyer.

As Ham notes, both Mermuys and Bobby Jackson have been assisting with the prospect workouts the Kings have been hosting at their practice facility. Sacramento doesn't possess a first-round pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, but the Kings do have three second-round selections -- No. 40, No. 47 and No. 60 overall.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
We picked up Igor Kokoskov as an assistant. That's f**kin dope. He may not have been a great HC in his stint w/phx but as an assistant he's good. Plus he's got the Serbian connection. Pretty pumped about this.
  • Jiks
We picked up Igor Kokoskov as an assistant. That's f**kin dope. He may not have been a great HC in his stint w/phx but as an assistant he's good. Plus he's got the Serbian connection. Pretty pumped about this.

Wtf?! Surprised Utah didn't pick him back up. Great addition imo.

I guess he's plan B if everything goes to hell in a hand basket with LW.
If Bol slides to the mid-20s I'd love to see Vlade trade up to get him.
WTF Source: Kings unlikely to pursue free agent center Nikola Vucevic [By James Ham June 16, 2019 5:34 PM]

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/source-kings-unlikely-pursue-free-agent-center-nikola-vucevic

SACRAMENTO -- The rumor mill is only going to heat up as we approach the start of the NBA's free agency period on June 30. With $35-38 million to spend, the Sacramento Kings are going to get mentioned plenty, and often the reports will be inaccurate.

Vlade Divac and his team have placed an emphasis on improving the center position, but according to a league source, while the team holds Nikola Vucevic in high regard, the team is not expected to chase the Orlando Magic big man in free agency, despite reports to the contrary.
After posting 20.8 points, 12.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.1 blocks per game this season, Vucevic is primed to sign a mega contract, whether it's with the Orlando or elsewhere.

The 28-year-old is skilled and made his first All-Star team this season, but he's not a great fit for the Kings' uptempo style of play.
There are plenty of other centers on the market this summer. Dewayne Dedmon and DeAndre Jordan are both unrestricted free agents and might work as short-term fixes. Jordan is on the wrong side of 30 and Dedmon isn't far behind, but both are solid rebounders and defenders.
Memphis Grizzlies big man Jonas Valanciunas just opted out of his contract for this season and is an unrestricted free agent. At 27-year-old he fits the age arc of the Kings' roster, but again, isn't exactly built for an uptempo style.

The team hasn't shut the door on a return of the incumbent starter, Willie Cauley-Stein. He is long and athletic, but his inconsistent play continues to concern the Kings. Sacramento is likely to extend the 25-year-old a qualifying offer before the beginning of free agency, locking him into restricted free agent status. They will wait to see how the market materializes for the former No. 6 pick in the 2015 NBA Draft before making a final decision on his future with the team.
Can't say I'm surprised that Barnes opted out. With the way some of these NBA contracts are he might get $25M per from some other team.

Ultimately I think he comes back for around 4yrs/$80M.

The fun part of the offseason is coming up!
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Can't say I'm surprised that Barnes opted out. With the way some of these NBA contracts are he might get $25M per from some other team.

Ultimately I think he comes back for around 4yrs/$80M.

The fun part of the offseason is coming up!

This was pretty much the plan all along.
Share 49ersWebzone