There are 134 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

• Jiks
Originally posted by saniner:
Draft is tonight! I really hope the Jazz move up for McCollum. I think 14+burks will probably do it to move up high enough

I don't like the idea of giving away Burks or any young talent besides Evans(which won't happen). Personally I think Burks could turn out to be a solid starter someday. Been high on him all year. Righ now he is a very legit backup SG who can also play PG. Just love his slashing ability and also feel he is a decent shooter.

Regardless getting excited!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by Niners99:
So are we going to take a high upside/risky guy this year, or keep playing for that 8 seed and draft a fundamentally solid guy?

I wish the Jazz would take a few more risks and swing for the fences. You need superstars to win the NBA, and they never pick guys with that kind of ceiling.

I think we are going to rebuild this year. Unless we can get a superstar type player I don't see us capable of being even an 8th seed. I don't want us signing someone just to sign them. Get a PG via draft, get a prospect with the other pick.

I also wouldn't mind us somehow packaging those picks for Burk. Have out lineup be
Burk
Burks
Hayward
Kanter
Favors

Sign some veterans for some leadership. Let the young guys play and assess the situation with a better FA class next year. Well I think there are better ones available anyways. Who know maybe add one more lottery pick.

I dunno? Not sure what to expect this year.

If rumor is true and we traded for Burke A) I think we took that big risk and B) I'm a genius.

Edit: Besides not knowing how to spell Burke
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 27, 2013 at 5:42 PM ]
  • Jiks
Love this draft, I know I'm talking to myself but we got both a big man and PG. Fantastic!!!! Anybody that may stray in here know much about this guy? He seems to have some potential? He looks like he could be a good fit for that bench big.

Edit: The more I read and watch dudes gonna need some time to develop.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM ]
Nice. Gobert definetly needs some time to develop. But he's athletic and he's 7'2 with a 7'9 wingspan so that's pretty cray. Nice potential defensively.

Although, I know some guys who played against him in euro ball and they said he was garbage lol so..
I loved this draft!! I never would have thought we would be able to land Burke, and getting Gobert for cash is just the icing on the cake. We have a very young core of 5 guys that can grow together. Gobert has enormous potential, but it could be a few years to see how he develops. Neto is an interesting pickup, but I don't see him being more than a 3rd PG.

Now it will be fun to see how they fill out the rest of the roster. PG is still a need, and I can see a vet being brought in, as well as a PF to play behind Favors. My only wish is that Millsap and Al sign elsewhere.

So excited for this year!
Amazing draft, I can't believe Lindsey was able to get Burke like he did and I can't wait to see what they 2nd rounders can do too even though they sound pretty raw. Rumor has it we're heavily pursuing O.J. Mayo and we're one of the teams interested in Thomas Robinson of the Rockets. I dont know anything about Robinson except he looks like a project to say the least and Mayo would be cool although he can be a bit selfish at times so we'll have to see what happens.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Amazing draft, I can't believe Lindsey was able to get Burke like he did and I can't wait to see what they 2nd rounders can do too even though they sound pretty raw. Rumor has it we're heavily pursuing O.J. Mayo and we're one of the teams interested in Thomas Robinson of the Rockets. I dont know anything about Robinson except he looks like a project to say the least and May would be cool although he can be a bit selfish at times so we'll have to see what happens.

I would absolutely LOVE it if we were able to pick up Robinson. Having Favors, Kanter, Robinson, and Gobert gives us an extremely young and talented frontcourt. Having Robinson learn from Malone could also help out quite a bit.

As for Mayo I'm not too excited about that. He is a good offensive player but will cost quite a lot. I would rather the Jazz go after Calderon, Robinson, and maybe even bring back Korver. I also want to see Tinsley back. We'll see what happens tomorrow!
Amazing draft, I can't believe Lindsey was able to get Burke like he did and I can't wait to see what they 2nd rounders can do too even though they sound pretty raw. Rumor has it we're heavily pursuing O.J. Mayo and we're one of the teams interested in Thomas Robinson of the Rockets. I dont know anything about Robinson except he looks like a project to say the least and Mayo would be cool although he can be a bit selfish at times so we'll have to see what happens.

Now thats what im talking about! High upside FTW. Maybe they heard me? lol

IIRC some said Burke might have been the best player in this draft. If we can start building some talent up on this team, id like to see what Corbin can do with it. Maybe I was too harsh on him last year. I guess it was pretty impressive for him to take a team with no stars and almost make the playoffs.
Robinson is terrible. The only way he makes it in this league is if he goes to the spurs
Originally posted by Niners99:

Now thats what im talking about! High upside FTW. Maybe they heard me? lol

IIRC some said Burke might have been the best player in this draft. If we can start building some talent up on this team, id like to see what Corbin can do with it. Maybe I was too harsh on him last year. I guess it was pretty impressive for him to take a team with no stars and almost make the playoffs.

You did call it and I really hope it pans out cause I'm really excited for the future of this team. I was pretty harsh on him too especially with some of his questionable decision making but he did do a decent job with a team of ok players and no stars.

As for Robinson he just got traded to Portland so I guess we won't be getting him now.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 30, 2013 at 6:25 PM ]

• Jiks
Reports are we are interested in Mayo and JR Smith. I could live with JR but nor sure if I'd like Mayo. Too many shots.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Reports are we are interested in Mayo and JR Smith. I could live with JR but nor sure if I'd like Mayo. Too many shots.

Mayo is overrated
We're one of 10 teams who is interested in DeJuan Blair, and the fact we have a SA guy in our front office may help our chances. Blair would be a great vet backup for Favors and Kanter.
  • Jiks
We're one of 10 teams who is interested in DeJuan Blair, and the fact we have a SA guy in our front office may help our chances. Blair would be a great vet backup for Favors and Kanter.

Would be a fantastic pickup. They were talking about Splitter the other day, and I was meh on that. Much prefer Blair.
Rotoworld-

"Jazz acquired C Andris Biedrins, SF Richard Jefferson and G/F Brandon Rush via a trade with the Warriors.

The Warriors needed to clear out cap space to sign Andre Iguodala, so they dumped this trio on the Jazz. In return, they'll receive a bunch of draft picks, including a 2014 first-rounder, and an unknown player. Biedrins won't play much in Utah behind Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors, but his expiring $9 million contract is an asset. So is the $11.046 million from Jefferson and the $4 million from Rush that will come off the books in July of 2014."
Share 49ersWebzone