LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

RT@WojYahooNBA: One likely candidate for Jazz coaching job, sources tell Yahoo: Spurs assistant Jim Boylen. He has a strong history with GM Dennis Lindsey.
  • Jiks
Nice! Was waiting for this news all day. Feel some feels for Corbin but this had to be done. Off-season just got even funner.

Jim Boylen was horrible for the Utes though... That makes no sense whatsoever...
Yeah I don't want him either and I hope Lindsey doesn't go for that. Ollie or Hollins and I would be happy.
You think Ollie would want to leave UCONN for Utah? Lol
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Yeah I don't want him either and I hope Lindsey doesn't go for that. Ollie or Hollins and I would be happy.

Ollie's my choice but highly highly unlikely. I'm thinking it's the same Jim Boylen from Utah, but I know there was another one floating around in the college ranks a while back. Regardless I don't think SLC thinks too much of him. Will be a s**t show lol.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
You think Ollie would want to leave UCONN for Utah? Lol

Everybody has a price.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Ollie's my choice but highly highly unlikely. I'm thinking it's the same Jim Boylen from Utah, but I know there was another one floating around in the college ranks a while back. Regardless I don't think SLC thinks too much of him. Will be a s**t show lol.
It is the same Boylen from Utah. Fans on facebook have been saying they'll boycott Jazz games if he ends up being the coach. lol
Boylen would be terrible, but still better than Corbin!
RT@WojYahooNBA: One likely candidate for Jazz coaching job, sources tell Yahoo: Spurs assistant Jim Boylen. He has a strong history with GM Dennis Lindsey.

It pisses me off to see the Jazz let Hornacek go to the Suns, and then a year later cut Corbin loose.
  • Jiks
What do ya'll think of this Messina guy? I'm a little intrigued, but not sure. He seems like he would be a good coach, I'm just not sure he will transition into the NBA and the ego's involved. Also not sure what kind of system he would bring? Maybe a mix of some Euro style ball could be beneficial, but it could also not work.
What do ya'll think of this Messina guy? I'm a little intrigued, but not sure. He seems like he would be a good coach, I'm just not sure he will transition into the NBA and the ego's involved. Also not sure what kind of system he would bring? Maybe a mix of some Euro style ball could be beneficial, but it could also not work.

Its definitely a different route than I expected but it could make the games a lot more fun to watch too, I dunno. I love Sloan's system but I think its time for a change kinda like how Horny went with the 2 PG system in PHX. I'm not saying we should do that but I think something high tempo yet physical would be a good thing for this team. I just don't want D'antoni.

The Utah Jazz are expressing interest in Steve Kerr and have tried to become a suitor for the former general manager and player.

Kerr also is reportedly receiving interest from the New York Knicks and Golden State Warriors.

What is the big deal about Kerr? I've never seen a guy who has no coaching experience be so desired by so many teams. Its so strange, the Jazz just need to hire Hollins and I'll be happy.
The Utah Jazz are expressing interest in Steve Kerr and have tried to become a suitor for the former general manager and player.

Kerr also is reportedly receiving interest from the New York Knicks and Golden State Warriors.

What is the big deal about Kerr? I've never seen a guy who has no coaching experience be so desired by so many teams. Its so strange, the Jazz just need to hire Hollins and I'll be happy.

Rewind to a year ago, realize one more rebuilding year with Corbin is pointless, and Hornacek is a far better coaching option, and make the move.

I would love Messina
Oh s**t!

The Utah Jazz, as part of a broad coaching search expected to feature some 20 candidates, plan to reach out to Jazz legend John Stockton to gauge whether he has any interest in the position, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Jazz officials intend to at least pose the question to the Hall of Fame guard about his willingness to move into coaching, while mindful of Stockton's lack of previous coaching experience and the fact that he has long loathed the sort of spotlight associated with the job.

Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey declined comment Tuesday night about Stockton or any other prospective candidates when reached by ESPN.com.

Other candidates who have been mentioned include Chicago Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin, current Jazz assistant Brad Jones, former Missouri coach and veteran NBA assistant Quin Snyder (who worked with Lindsey in San Antonio), and European coaching legend Ettore Messina. ESPN.com reported last month that the Jazz are regarded around the league as one of the few teams that would give bona fide consideration to breaking the NBA's European barrier and hiring a head coach who wasn't reared in the United States, with both Lindsey and Jazz assistant general manager Justin Zanik known to be Messina fans.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10929407/utah-jazz-plan-gauge-john-stockton-interest-open-coaching-job
Oh s**t!

The Utah Jazz, as part of a broad coaching search expected to feature some 20 candidates, plan to reach out to Jazz legend John Stockton to gauge whether he has any interest in the position, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Jazz officials intend to at least pose the question to the Hall of Fame guard about his willingness to move into coaching, while mindful of Stockton's lack of previous coaching experience and the fact that he has long loathed the sort of spotlight associated with the job.

Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey declined comment Tuesday night about Stockton or any other prospective candidates when reached by ESPN.com.

Other candidates who have been mentioned include Chicago Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin, current Jazz assistant Brad Jones, former Missouri coach and veteran NBA assistant Quin Snyder (who worked with Lindsey in San Antonio), and European coaching legend Ettore Messina. ESPN.com reported last month that the Jazz are regarded around the league as one of the few teams that would give bona fide consideration to breaking the NBA's European barrier and hiring a head coach who wasn't reared in the United States, with both Lindsey and Jazz assistant general manager Justin Zanik known to be Messina fans.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10929407/utah-jazz-plan-gauge-john-stockton-interest-open-coaching-job

lol initially that would be awesome, but it wouldnt end well. John Stockton doesnt seem to have the personality to coach. The fact that he isnt already coaching at some level shows that a jump from retirement to coaching on the highest level would likely be a disaster. Its probably best to avoid having to fire a Jazz legend and creating unnecessary awkwardness.

Im not saying Stockton couldnt coach, but he djdnt seem to want any part of basic postgame interviews. Being an NBA head coach requires a lot of media time. Would he be an effective communicator to his players, or would he need to rely on his legend status for respect?

It seems like a desperate and irresponsible thing for the organization to do. Jim Boylen has Jazz ties, and he comes from a well respected system. Hes probably still the front runner.

Shouldve just fired Corbin last offseason and hired Jeff Hornacek.
Share 49ersWebzone