LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
I have no idea why they gave him over 200. Such a massive overpay.

Because they know that no all-star caliber players will ever sign in Utah, so if they dont keep the ones they draft they're screwed.

So you make him the third highest paid player in the league? That's just stupid. He would have signed for 185 or so I'm sure. There's no reason why he should be making 15 million more than AD.

Its a desperation tax. Rudy knows replacing him is going to be difficult. The Jazz are basically rolling the dice that they can find that last piece to make them title contenders in the next 5 years.

4 years technically cause him and Don both have player options for that fifth year, so they're gonna have to bring in a decent 2 guard next year cause Donovan is gonna be the PG after this year. Add in a decent back up PG and a couple shooters preferably one who is a big. I don't know, I don't see it happening with the LA teams ahead of us and Denver is probably gonna be a legit contender this year.
I have no idea why they gave him over 200. Such a massive overpay.

Because they know that no all-star caliber players will ever sign in Utah, so if they dont keep the ones they draft they're screwed.

So you make him the third highest paid player in the league? That's just stupid. He would have signed for 185 or so I'm sure. There's no reason why he should be making 15 million more than AD.

Its a desperation tax. Rudy knows replacing him is going to be difficult. The Jazz are basically rolling the dice that they can find that last piece to make them title contenders in the next 5 years.

4 years technically cause him and Don both have player options for that fifth year, so they're gonna have to bring in a decent 2 guard next year cause Donovan is gonna be the PG after this year. Add in a decent back up PG and a couple shooters preferably one who is a big. I don't know, I don't see it happening with the LA teams ahead of us and Denver is probably gonna be a legit contender this year.

I guess its better than just punting all the time like some teams do. The hard part is the Jazz as an organization LOVE that middle ground. 4th-6th seed every year, but never even close to good enough to actually win the title. Its the purgatory that keeps you out of title contention and out of the lottery. They seem to take pride in being "pretty good" year after year. The NBA is so broken that the only 2 formulas to winning a title is to either tank until you hit on a couple superstars in the top of the draft, or just be a place that the most elite players want to team up at.

I suppose our best hope is that Mitchell becomes so good that he lures another superstar to team up with him and Gobert.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 21, 2020 at 2:14 AM ]
  • Jiks
Pretty good win last night. I actually like this team quite a bit of they could just stay healthy. 50+ threes is insane but I think that's going to become the norm with the array of shooters we have.
  • Jiks

Hopefully just his calf but it sure looks like his Achilles.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jan 4, 2021 at 4:43 PM ]
  • Jiks
This offense is extremely potent when it is on. I'm not so sure this is sustainable but it's been pretty fun to watch. They are playing really well right now.
Originally posted by Jiks:
This offense is extremely potent when it is on. I'm not so sure this is sustainable but it's been pretty fun to watch. They are playing really well right now.

They are, I don't think they're true contenders but it looks like they have the chemistry that they lacked last season.
Did Joe tie Stock's 3 point record tonight? I think he only needed 7 to tie.
  • Jiks

One away from tying him if I'm not mistaken.

Oh ok, it's crazy that has happened. What a different league than it was in the 90s. I wonder what kinda numbers Stock and Horny could have had if we were shooting 40 threes a game.

• Jiks

Oh ok, it's crazy that has happened. What a different league than it was in the 90s. I wonder what kinda numbers Stock and Horny could have had if we were shooting 40 threes a game.

Sloan hated 3's lol. I think Mitchell is already 4th or 5th so it's only a matter of time.

Sloan hated 3's lol. I think Mitchell is already 4th or 5th so it's only a matter of time.
Yup, if only we had focused on having a shooting big instead of Ostertag. Lol
  • Jiks

3-4 years ago this would've been great but today I really don't know what he'll bring.

3-4 years ago this would've been great but today I really don't know what he'll bring.

That's how I feel about it too. Weak signing.
Share 49ersWebzone