LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by Jiks:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
He's been around the guys before I guess.

Not sure how I feel about this... Many things could change.

Yeah, I think its gonna be a dramatic shift in the long run. Although that may be what this team needs. I don't know.
  • Jiks
He's been around the guys before I guess.

Not sure how I feel about this... Many things could change.

Yeah, I think its gonna be a dramatic shift in the long run. Although that may be what this team needs. I don't know.

The great thing about the Jazz has been the fantastic ownership. We'll see I guess. As you said it'll probably take some time to see how much this really will impact us. I dunno either.
  • Jiks

Oohhhp these might be fake. Saw them of Jazz facebook but it was some random Jazz page not the official as I thought
[ Edited by Jiks on Nov 17, 2020 at 11:22 AM ]

What a bust this signing was.
  • Jiks
JC signed
Faves is back

Decent so far but I'd like to see us sign some sort of impact player on the very cheap.
JC signed
Faves is back

Decent so far but I'd like to see us sign some sort of impact player on the very cheap.

Meh this team doesn't really impress me at all. Stuck in the 4-8 area of the west playoff seeding once again.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Nov 20, 2020 at 8:38 PM ]
The Jazz and Donovan Mitchell have agreed to a five-year extension worth up to $195 million ($163 million minimum) according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

• Jiks
Originally posted by Niners99:
The Jazz and Donovan Mitchell have agreed to a five-year extension worth up to $195 million ($163 million minimum) according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Well we now know our deadline for a championship.

Its just big that Mitchell was willing to stay. He could've gotten a max from about anyone had he waited for free agency. Makes me wonder if he told the team he'd extend if they replaced Gobert. Contract came only a couple days after drafting a Gobert clone.

Unfortunately, unless we add another superstar that compliments Mitchell, it's unlikely that we can make a real championship run in these next 5 years.

Its just big that Mitchell was willing to stay. He could've gotten a max from about anyone had he waited for free agency. Makes me wonder if he told the team he'd extend if they replaced Gobert. Contract came only a couple days after drafting a Gobert clone.

Unfortunately, unless we add another superstar that compliments Mitchell, it's unlikely that we can make a real championship run in these next 5 years.
He would have been a RFA if he did try to test the market. Only question was whether or not he was gonna get a 4 year deal in RFA or a 5 by Utah. Gobert is gonna be resigned to another max deal here too. All the Jazz beat reporters have said the Jazz are done with free agency and their priorities are resigning Don and Rudy, so he knew Rudy wasn't going anywhere when he agreed to the deal. They better try to do something next summer or the year after because the clock is officially ticking. Rudy I can see being in Utah forever. Donovan's brand is gonna be gigantic by the time his contract expires and I can't see him staying unless we at least get to the WCF and the Finals for a couple years in a row.

He would have been a RFA if he did try to test the market. Only question was whether or not he was gonna get a 4 year deal in RFA or a 5 by Utah. Gobert is gonna be resigned to another max deal here too. All the Jazz beat reporters have said the Jazz are done with free agency and their priorities are resigning Don and Rudy, so he knew Rudy wasn't going anywhere when he agreed to the deal. They better try to do something next summer or the year after because the clock is officially ticking. Rudy I can see being in Utah forever. Donovan's brand is gonna be gigantic by the time his contract expires and I can't see him staying unless we at least get to the WCF and the Finals for a couple years in a row.

The NBA needs to find a way to help small market teams keep their superstar players. Some incentive to prevent the bigger, more desirable markets from just using their location as an easy tiebreaker. In the long run its much healthier for the league to try and get back to having parity, and allowing small markets to build up quality rosters that can compete for titles.

Fox better
Originally posted by sacniner:

Fox better
Yes, he has proven that time and time again in the playoffs.
4 year deal and then he's probably gone.
Share 49ersWebzone