LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

Originally posted by Niners99:
Rotoworld-

"Jazz acquired C Andris Biedrins, SF Richard Jefferson and G/F Brandon Rush via a trade with the Warriors.

The Warriors needed to clear out cap space to sign Andre Iguodala, so they dumped this trio on the Jazz. In return, they'll receive a bunch of draft picks, including a 2014 first-rounder, and an unknown player. Biedrins won't play much in Utah behind Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors, but his expiring $9 million contract is an asset. So is the $11.046 million from Jefferson and the $4 million from Rush that will come off the books in July of 2014."

I wish we wouldve gotten Bogut instead of Biedrins or Jefferson. I hate those two so much but at least they're expiring contracts.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Rotoworld-

"Jazz acquired C Andris Biedrins, SF Richard Jefferson and G/F Brandon Rush via a trade with the Warriors.

The Warriors needed to clear out cap space to sign Andre Iguodala, so they dumped this trio on the Jazz. In return, they'll receive a bunch of draft picks, including a 2014 first-rounder, and an unknown player. Biedrins won't play much in Utah behind Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors, but his expiring $9 million contract is an asset. So is the $11.046 million from Jefferson and the $4 million from Rush that will come off the books in July of 2014."

I wish we wouldve gotten Bogut instead of Biedrins or Jefferson. I hate those two so much but at least they're expiring contracts.

Ive never really understood expiring contracts, and how they become assets. What exactly was the point of us trading all those picks to get 3 mediocre players who cost too much for 1 year?
Ive never really understood expiring contracts, and how they become assets. What exactly was the point of us trading all those picks to get 3 mediocre players who cost too much for 1 year?

You guys are getting those draft picks. All you gave up was that dude Kevin murphy
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Jul 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:

You guys are getting those draft picks. All you gave up was that dude Kevin murphy

Ah, I see. The NBA is weird. So were basically buying draft picks from the Warriors is what it boils down to, considering we arent winning the title next year anyways.
Ah, I see. The NBA is weird. So were basically buying draft picks from the Warriors is what it boils down to, considering we arent winning the title next year anyways.

It's just an incentive to take on those dumb contracts for them. I think the contracts have value because that's salary that will come off the books next year so you will have that much more space for free agency and stuff.

The Warriors were trying to unload it now so they could sign Iggy and maybe have a shot at Dwight Howard.
Rotoworld-

I thought this was the trade. Jazz send Kevin Murphy to Warriors. Golden State sends Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedrins, Brandon Rush, 2014 & 2017 1st round picks (unprotected), & 2nd round pick (not all info on this pick has been released yet. Possibly more then one 2nd round pick) to the Jazz.

We didn't give up any picks.
  • Jiks
Yeah can somebody explain this to me? If we really just got those picks that fantastic!!! This will be a rebuilding year and then we may have another lottery, maybe 2 with still a bunch of spending money next year.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Yeah can somebody explain this to me? If we really just got those picks that fantastic!!! This will be a rebuilding year and then we may have another lottery, maybe 2 with still a bunch of spending money next year.

Doubt Warriors pick turns out to be a lottery pick.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Its the Warriors. Its never out of the question.
Millsap signed a 2 year 19 million dollar deal with the Hawks last night and DeMarre Carroll jumped to ATL with him on a two year 5 million dollar deal. I really didn't wanna lose Carroll I love his toughness and energy he brings to the team. I really hope we can find someone like him to come in now.

• Jiks
Millsap signed a 2 year 19 million dollar deal with the Hawks last night and DeMarre Carroll jumped to ATL with him on a two year 5 million dollar deal. I really didn't wanna lose Carroll I love his toughness and energy he brings to the team. I really hope we can find someone like him to come in now.

2 year 5 mill? Pretty sad we couldn't work with that. Don't think he even cared to come back with all the DNP's he received last year. Made no sense to me.

2 year 5 mill? Pretty sad we couldn't work with that. Don't think he even cared to come back with all the DNP's he received last year. Made no sense to me.

s**tty coaching on Corbin's part and most of those came when we collapsed at the end of the season. It was such b******t.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

2014 pick won't be a lottery pick. But, hope can be a helluva drug.

2014 pick won't be a lottery pick. But, hope can be a helluva drug.

Hey its what got us 49ers fans through the 2000s so why not right? hahahaha
Earl Watson has signed with the Blazers leaving only Mo Williams, Jamaal Tinsley, and Randy Foyle as the only Jazz free agents who remain unsigned.
Share 49ersWebzone