There are 163 users in the forums

***The Kenneth Lofton Jr Appreciaton Thread***

• Jiks
Trey Burke-20
Alec Burks-22
Gordon Hayward-23
Derrick Favors-22
Enes Kanter-22

If this is our starting lineup, in which I believe it will be, the average age is 22. All 5 being lottery picks.

So what are the expectations of this team? I think this team has some good talent but really not sure what potential they really have. They could be pretty good if they gel and people find their roles, but at the same time they could absolutely suck.

Looking forward to it regardless.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
Really excited for this year. Burks has done a lot to help himself this summer. At P3 training he has added 6 inches to his vertical(and Evans is up to 43.5" ), which is amazing given how athletic he was already. He and Burke have also been working with Stockton, which can only help.

I think they will be a ton of fun to watch. I expect a lot of low points given how young the team is, but I just hope to see improvement through the year.

I also think Rush will start over Burks early on in the year. He will help with spacing and doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective, while Burks needs the ball.

There is a lot to look forward to this year.
Alec Burks adds 6 inches to his vert and adds 11 pounds of muscle

Burke and Burks work with Stockton

And for fun:

Defense looked great the other night. I was really impressed by Evans too, especially with his jumpshot.

Burke played a ton better than in summer league, but he still has to improve quite a bit.
Evans looks like a completely different player and that jumpshot looks great. Wow thats incredible if he plays like that all season we're gonna surprise some people.
Burke broke his finger last night and it sounds like we may be trying to trade for the Bulls' Marquis Teague.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Oct 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM ]
Tinsley is being looked at to bring back in while Burke heals, so yet another guard that can't score. Really hope the rumors of trading Brandon Rush for Andre Miller are true. That would be a great vet to lead us until Burke comes back and would be a great mentor.
  • Jiks
Kanter 14 points with 3:33 left in the first. Doing it all right now. Post moves, finishing, playing D, and running the court well.

8/8 16 off an offensive rebound.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Oct 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
Favors has signed a 4 year 49 million contract extension. Now on to Hayward!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Cool! Just figured this out this second. Yup, now we just need Hayward and we have a solid nucleus to build off of.

BTW watched the game the other night and our starters will be ok , but I never realized that we have absolutely nobody to score off the bench. Our bench isn't completely awful, but who will score points? Biedrins?... Richard Jefferson(lol)?...

Remember thinking to myself this team is capable of winning 40ish games when the starters were in. Bench comes in and that got me thinking 20-30.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Cool! Just figured this out this second. Yup, now we just need Hayward and we have a solid nucleus to build off of.

BTW watched the game the other night and our starters will be ok , but I never realized that we have absolutely nobody to score off the bench. Our bench isn't completely awful, but who will score points? Biedrins?... Richard Jefferson(lol)?...

Remember thinking to myself this team is capable of winning 40ish games when the starters were in. Bench comes in and that got me thinking 20-30.

It seems like they may have Jefferson start and than have Burks be our 6th man. Brandon Rush is honestly a mystery to me but he never impressed me in college and he hasnt really impressed so far in his career. The real question mark in my opinion is Ian Clark. If that kid does what he did during the summer than we'll have a helluva weapon off the bench but if not I really dont know who to turn to. Lester Hudson I think could provide a bit of a spark and of course if Evans can make his jumper consistent than he'll be one to watch for sure too. We have no post presence though outside of Favors and Kanter so when they get into foul trouble, which will probably be the main objective of the opposing teams every game, we will be royally f**ked.
Man you guys are undervaluing Rush so much! He was great for the warriors before he got injured. Can score, shoot the 3, and has good size and can defend.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Man you guys are undervaluing Rush so much! He was great for the warriors before he got injured. Can score, shoot the 3, and has good size and can defend.

Ill believe it when I see it until then he's just gonna be one of the three highly injury proned players we got from the Dubs.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Oct 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]
I love the Favors deal! With as much as Perkins and Jordan are getting paid, it seems like a fair deal for a guy with more potential. He is already a good to great defender, and should only get better offensively.

The other night we got a glimpse of what Kanter can do, as he put up 16 in the first quarter. I really think he and Hayward will be our leading scorers. He will be given plenty of opportunities. Our bench sucks, but I expect Rush will be starting and Burks will come off the bench to lead the second unit. I like Rush starting with the young guys. Smart player who can defend and space the floor. He fits better with the young core than Burks, who needs the ball to be effective
  • Jiks
Jamaal Tinsley's back=Championship!!!

Sheer sarcasm but it makes sense. Wouldn't even be surprised if he started for a while.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Oct 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone