LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

2013 NBA Finals thread: San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
He looked possessed out there. He did almost give the game away a couple of times, but they still pulled it off, largely because of him. Easily the most heart breaking loss I've experienced in sports. This is worse than .4 seconds as a Spurs fan, and, as a sports fan, worse than the Super Bowl (emotionally, at least).

Yea...he looked possessed. I liked how he mentioned his mistakes in the on court post-game interview when he was asked how he was able to bring his team back. He didn't talk s**t or took the credit, he called himself out on national tv for those mistakes. He's such a different person than he was couple of seasons ago.

Dude...if this was any other team...I'd say - they are done. After losing like that in game 6 with trophy gettin' rolled out...it's almost impossible for a team to get over that and play with energy necessary to win game 7 on the road. But, this team is an exception. They scheme better than any other team and I've no question that Pop will get these guys ready. Game 7 is still anyone's game.

There's one reason why the Spurs are an exception to not have an emotional breakdown:

[ Edited by Joecool on Jun 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I cant believe Jeff van douchebag complaining about the heat not getting called for fouls down the stretch when the refs were riding the spurs' sacs all game.

He's been hating on Heat all season long. Heat played on ABC quite a bit this year and every game he was hating on the Heat. But...he's no worse than Steve Kerr (when Heat were playing Chicago) and Reggie Miller (when Heat were playing Pacers). It's been annoying to hear such biased commentary for last two post-seasons.
I cant believe Jeff van douchebag complaining about the heat not getting called for fouls down the stretch when the refs were riding the spurs' sacs all game.

He's been hating on Heat all season long. Heat played on ABC quite a bit this year and every game he was hating on the Heat. But...he's no worse than Steve Kerr (when Heat were playing Chicago) and Reggie Miller (when Heat were playing Pacers). It's been annoying to hear such biased commentary for last two post-seasons.

Maybe it is because the Heat have that talent and they don't stay focused or let a Diaw guard the best player ever...honestly, Heat are frustrating to watch because they b***h out a lot.
Originally posted by Joecool:
One game
One team
One goal

Hope Tim's knee is okay, Manu gets out of brainfart mode and Tony hits that 17 footer with zero hesitation

It's amazing that the Spurs played as well as they did with Manu, Tony and Green having pretty bad games.
One game
One team
One goal

Hope Tim's knee is okay, Manu gets out of brainfart mode and Tony hits that 17 footer with zero hesitation

Wow Timmy had himself an amazing first half. That dude is legit!
What a game. Lebron carried his team back. He made some key mistakes, but s**t what a run. The 4th quarter is when he needed to come thru and he did. Also, the team looked the best when Wade was on the bench and LBJ was back in Cleveland. They looked a lot different when he came back with about four minutes left. Like Van Gundy said, that was a tough choice for Spols. Either way, LBJ carried his team back single handedly. Funny that people are hating on his f**kin triple double in the finals. My god man. The standard he is held to is ridiculous. Also, do people even care about defense? His D was outstanding.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Maybe it is because the Heat have that talent and they don't stay focused or let a Diaw guard the best player ever...honestly, Heat are frustrating to watch because they b***h out a lot.

Lol ok - you sound bitter from last night. Your team choked with the trophy getting rolled out and you're calling out another team for not staying focused? Funny.

Regardless of that...they are commentators. Do your job. You can't be biased against a team.

Every team complains... Relatively speaking, I like how the refs let both teams play for the most part. Keep your whistles in your pocket. No technicals and not too many fouls called.
Since it seems as if LBJ's "legacy" hinges on every playoff game, does this improve it? The run in the 4th when his team was down by 10? Give the dude his due credit.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
if the W-L-W-L pattern continues, then the spurs should win. Manu is due for a great game and why not better than game 7 in Miami.

Originally posted by Baldie:
if the W-L-W-L pattern continues, then the spurs should win. Manu is due for a great game and why not better than game 7 in Miami.

Manu had his great game. Dude is old and washed up. SA has to hit some more threes to win. Neal and Greene went on an unsustainable run early in the series, IMO.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Every team complains... Relatively speaking, I like how the refs let both teams play for the most part. Keep your whistles in your pocket. No technicals and not too many fouls called.

Its just annoying when you see Lebron drive and doesn't get the call and sits there trying to feel sorry for himself while the spurs are already going back down court. A superstar can't always depend on the refs.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Its just annoying when you see Lebron drive and doesn't get the call and sits there trying to feel sorry for himself while the spurs are already going back down court. A superstar can't always depend on the refs.

Yeah, that is super annoying. Shut the hell up and keep playing, its the finals. I can't stand when Wade or Lebron does that b**ch s**t.
What a game. Lebron carried his team back. He made some key mistakes, but s**t what a run. The 4th quarter is when he needed to come thru and he did. Also, the team looked the best when Wade was on the bench and LBJ was back in Cleveland. They looked a lot different when he came back with about four minutes left. Like Van Gundy said, that was a tough choice for Spols. Either way, LBJ carried his team back single handedly. Funny that people are hating on his f**kin triple double in the finals. My god man. The standard he is held to is ridiculous. Also, do people even care about defense? His D was outstanding.

I agree. His triple double and his D. His 4th quarter and overtime. Yes Ray Allen hit a key shot. Yes Lebron had some costly turnover. But man they were down 10. The run he put together in the 4th and OT was almost all Lebron. It's just utterly rediculous to hate on him after this one. No way they win that game without Lebron.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yes, the standard being applied to Lebron James is ridiculous. He's 28...he's in his prime, his legacy is not on the line.

Anyway, he did make couple of mistakes at crucial time, but he made tons of plays at the crucial time too. I'd rate that 4th quarter performance very high for Lebron. As other reporters who were at the game mentioned, Lebron was completely gassed when the clock hit 6 minutes in the 4th quarter. He hadn't taken a break in the 2nd half and was guarding Parker for most of the game and also great on weak-side defensive help.

And, it seems like no one is even talkin' about defense. He was on Parker for major part of the game and Parker hit one jump-shot on him (for the entire game)...that incredible 3 pt shot late in the game that was defended as well as it could have been.

...also huge credit to Chris Bosh. Those two blocks on Parker and Green, and the rebound and pass to Ray Allen. What a sick block on Green!
Share 49ersWebzone