There are 346 users in the forums

MLB 2013 Draft June 6th

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Giants #26th pick
Minor league baseball.com has us taking OF Mississippi State Hunter Renfroe
MLB.com has us taking a High school RHP Hunter Harvey
SI.com has us taking OL Miss RHP Bobby Wahl
Don't know anything about these guys but I'm hoping we take a power bat OF since LF has been a platoon situation since Bonds left.
no1curr after first 5 picks
This seems like a good thread
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

If you care about your A's you should.

Cardinals obviously don't pick inside the top 5 and have the #1 ranked farm system
Originally posted by jrg:

Cardinals obviously don't pick inside the top 5 and have the #1 ranked farm system

lol I never follow the mlb draft

I'll google the name of the A's 1st round pick, read the blog on athletics nation about their draft, and that's about it

Nobody asked
  • jrg
  • Veteran

lol I never follow the mlb draft

I'll google the name of the A's 1st round pick, read the blog on athletics nation about their draft, and that's about it

Haha..yeah I think I'm one of the few who follow it
Should have developed a thread within the main baseball thread, or talk about it within your perspective team thread.

The MLB Draft is not as big of a draft yet compared to the NFL, NBA, and NHL., where fans can attend.
[ Edited by robniner on May 26, 2013 at 7:28 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Should have developed a thread within the main baseball thread, or talk about it within your perspective team thread.

The MLB Draft is not as big of a draft yet compared to the NFL, NBA, and NHL., where fans can attend.

Didn't realize making a thread on this was such a big deal since there was one last year and to top it off.......a noob telling me where this thread should be lol
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/other-sports/165990-official-2012-mlb-draft-thread/search=MLB%20draft
[ Edited by jimrat on May 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM ]
Giants need a power hitter!!

Mets need outfielders with power bats. Like two or three of them.
Giants actually pick 25th and Renfroe will probably go in the top 15 if not the top 10.

Callis has the Giants taking Matt Krook (high school pitcher at St. Ignatius).

If Austin Wilson falls, I think he'd be the best fit but it seems unlikely.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Hopefully giants pick up a SP
Originally posted by Garcia:
Hopefully giants pick up a SP

We have plenty of good young SP arriving in 2015, we just have nothing ready right now is the problem. We should probably just take a SP anyways, since we know how to pick the good ones. Everytime the Giants try to draft a hitter in the 1st round not named Buster Posey, they pick wrong.

Since 1993, their first round hitters have been: Dante Powell, Tony Torcato, Arturo McDowell, Wendell Fairley, Buster Posey, Gary Brown, Joe Panik.

Jury is still out on Panik, but its looking like 5 of the 6 others have been busts under this ownership. Its hard to even credit them for Posey, considering it was a lay-up pick sitting at 5 overall.
Speaking of that 2008 draft, Posey looks like the only star to have come out of that first round so far. Theres still time for some of these guys to pick it up, but its safe the say the Giants got the one real gem of this draft.

Tim Beckham, Pedro Alvarez, Eric Hosmer, Brian Matusz, Buster Posey, Kyle Skipworth, Yonder Alonso, Gordon Beckham, Aaron Crow, Jason Castro, Justin Smoak, Jemile Weeks, Brett Wallace, Aaron Hicks, Ethan Martin, Brett Lawrie, David Cooper, Ike Davis, Andrew Cashner, Josh Fields, Ryan Perry, Reese Havens, Allan Dykstra, Anthony Hewitt, Christian Friedrich, Daniel Schlereth, Carlos Gutierrez, Lonnie Chisenhall, Casey Kelly.
Share 49ersWebzone