LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers ECF Series Thread

• vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by vaden:
I would've loved to see Lebron fouled and sent to the line. Highly doubt he'd have made both.

He has been knocking them down in clutch last two seasons. Ray Allen missed one, so Lebron could have missed too. But, this is something Skip Bayless will say tomorrow on his show.

I don't keep track or watch most of his games, so you might be right. I just know that in all the times I've watched him, he often struggles at the line late in close games. Like in the playoffs a year ago vs. Indiana, he missed both free throws in the final minute when they were down 1 point.

You're a Bulls fan...so take a cue from D-Rose. He knows when to sit the f**k down.

I don't say this often, but...shots fired!!!
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
That was a fun game. Hope it's a sign of things to come for the rest of this series.

Same here. Great game and can't wait for round 2 between Paul George v. Lebron James. Paul George is awesome and watching this matchup is so much fun. Last years semis between the teams were a lot of fun too.

My man Paul George. Go Fresno State!
How do you not play tight defense and not know the ball was going to most likely go to James? Only an experienced coach would know. Even worse, didn't force them to shoot from the outside.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You're a Bulls fan...so take a cue from D-Rose. He knows when to sit the f**k down.

I don't say this often, but...shots fired!!!

Originally posted by robniner:
How do you not play tight defense and not know the ball was going to most likely go to James? Only an experienced coach would know. Even worse, didn't force them to shoot from the outside.

George had been playing him high side for most of the game on inbound plays, which means that he's taking away (or at least contesting) perimeter touches. Miami used that against him, and set a screen on George's right shoulder (which is the low side, closer to the basket) and that freed up a lane to the hoop. Catch, one dribble, layup, ball game. That's great coaching by Spoelstra, and poor job by Vogel (you tell your guys to switch all screens with 2.2 seconds left).

I've also always thought that certain guys have a better feel for the clock than other guys do. You can do more than just catch & shoot in 2.2. seconds. I feel like George and the other defender (can't remember) were playing him like he didn't have enough time to go to the hoop. Total overplay.

A lot has to go right on one end and a lot has to go wrong on the other for a team to get a layup off of an inbound play with 2.2 seconds left.
hell of a game..

and hibbert should have been in there.. i'd rather take the risk of bosh getting the ball than lebron taking it to the hole with ease during crunchtime
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
LeBron James: Statistically Most Clutch Player Since NBA Debut

Per ESPN.com, since LeBron came into the league in 2003-04, nobody in the NBA has made more game-tying and go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of playoff games than LeBron, who is 7-of-16 on those shots. His 43.8 field goal percentage on those clutch shots ranks the best in the NBA since his rookie season among players with at least 10 attempts. The league average is 28.3 percent on those shots.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau (via ESPN), LeBron and Ralph Sampson are the only two players in NBA history to register at least 30 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and three blocks in a playoff game.

No one has ever notched a triple-double and hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in the same playoff game—except LeBron.
LeBron James: Statistically Most Clutch Player Since NBA Debut

Per ESPN.com, since LeBron came into the league in 2003-04, nobody in the NBA has made more game-tying and go-ahead shots in the final 24 seconds of playoff games than LeBron, who is 7-of-16 on those shots. His 43.8 field goal percentage on those clutch shots ranks the best in the NBA since his rookie season among players with at least 10 attempts. The league average is 28.3 percent on those shots.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau (via ESPN), LeBron and Ralph Sampson are the only two players in NBA history to register at least 30 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and three blocks in a playoff game.

No one has ever notched a triple-double and hit a buzzer-beating game-winner in the same playoff game—except LeBron.

This is what I try to tell people but nobody will listen. Guys like Kobe take contested jumpers--and are volume shooters--in the clutch. Yet they will always get all the hype because of the degree of difficulty of their shot (which really shouldn't play a role).
Originally posted by dobophile:
Still can't believe Vogel. Take Hibbert out, and surprise surprise, LeBron scores two layups.

Pure coaching inexperience.

Any other good team would have played them tight and force an outside shot, not allow for an easy layup.

Only if the Knicks got their act together.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Still can't believe Vogel. Take Hibbert out, and surprise surprise, LeBron scores two layups.

Pure coaching inexperience.

Any other good team would have played them tight and force an outside shot, not allow for an easy layup.

Only if the Knicks got their act together.

Knicks lol

Pacers have a better shot against Heat than the one trick pony Knicks.

Actually, probably a worse coaching decision at the end of regulation by Spolestra to not foul when up by three.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Excellent finish to 1st quarter for Miami.
What a ridiculous technical. This is the thing I like the least about how the game has changed. That was f**king absurd.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
What a ridiculous technical. This is the thing I like the least about how the game has changed. That was f**king absurd.

Yea...refs should just tell the player to cut it out rather than hand out the tech. Lame
Share 49ersWebzone