LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by infinite_limit:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
The only reason the Heat won tonight is because Lebron was getting free trips to the line from the refs all night

The only reason the Bulls won 6 rings is MJ was getting free trips to the line from refs all the time

That and he is the greatest player ever
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Just can't seem to get into the NBA or the playoffs this year
Originally posted by jrg:

- The year of the Injury

- No significant rookies

The NBA is stuck in transitional middle ground between teams still living on the luxury tax and teams making the transition (Thunder/Grizzlies/Bulls). NBA will rebound in a couple years
[ Edited by infinite_limit on May 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM ]

You would if the Magic were in the playoffs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

You would if the Magic were in the playoffs.

That has a lot to do w/ it, but I dunno...just weird.

Even when the Magic were in I'd still be excited to watch other games as well. Now? I'm just meh about everything.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by infinite_limit:

- The year of the Injury

- No significant rookies

The NBA is stuck in transitional middle ground between teams still living on the luxury tax and teams making the transition (Thunder/Grizzlies/Bulls). NBA will rebound in a couple years

I agree..especially w/ these two.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
The only reason the Heat won tonight is because Lebron was getting free trips to the line from the refs all night

They scored 65 pts with 32 FT awarded...lol.

It's amazing how many Bulls fans b***h about refs when the best player in their franchise got more b******t fouls called for him than anyone else in the history of the game.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

It's amazing how many Bulls fans b***h about refs when the best player in their franchise got more b******t fouls called for him than anyone else in the history of the game.

I think all fans b*tch about the refs. Its funny to see some of the calls the home crowds boo.

The Memphis/OKC series has been pretty good. Personally, I would like to see Memphis and the Heat in the finals. The Heat would win, but I think Memphis could push them to six.

Also, the GS/SA series has been great to watch. The Heat/Bulls is crap. ESPN hyped the s**t out of it after game one, when everyone with common sense knew the Heat would win the next four. Chi Town's WAY too beat up. For whatever reason, I'm not really interested in the Knick/Pacers series.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I think all fans b*tch about the refs. Its funny to see some of the calls the home crowds boo.

True...but after a 40 pt game? I've also never seen a coach, his players (and then the fans) b******t and lie about a play

This is what Nazr said about ejection: You just give a foul so a guy doesn't start a break, he pushes you and throws you down.
Thibs: From my angle, I just saw a guy basically flop, you know, and I'm going to leave it at that,"

So according to these tools, Nazr was "thrown down"...and Lebron flopped. Marco Belinelli flopped 3 times on 1 possession and Noah went flying from a push by Norris Cole. Thibs must be checking out Derrick Rose's nice suit when that happened.

Nazr said 90s were diffierent. Yes, and if he shoved Magic, one of the Lakers would have punched his lights out and he'd be done for the night. Funniest part..Bulls had defenders back & Lebron wasn't starting a break. Perfect case of them seeing what they want to see.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 14, 2013 at 12:15 AM ]

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

The Memphis/OKC series has been pretty good. Personally, I would like to see Memphis and the Heat in the finals. The Heat would win, but I think Memphis could push them to six.

Also, the GS/SA series has been great to watch. The Heat/Bulls is crap. ESPN hyped the s**t out of it after game one, when everyone with common sense knew the Heat would win the next four. Chi Town's WAY too beat up. For whatever reason, I'm not really interested in the Knick/Pacers series.

Agreed with pretty much everything. Memphis and Miami series should be great. Miami will have some trouble playing against Gasol and Z-Bo.

Pacers v. Miami should be fun too and I'd like to see Memphis and Warriors in conf. finals. I think Pacers are much better at playing the physical type of game and likely won't lose their heads...with Granger on the bench.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Loved the "Reggie Reggie" chant at the end of Indiana game.

good god

Melo/ J.R. Smith 16-45 shooting and 1 assist between the 2 of them
NBA Finals gonna be Heat-Grizzlies
unless Warriors win this series they have a chance in the conference finals

Dont see Spurs beating Memphis tho, they are old and gassed.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
NBA Finals gonna be Heat-Grizzlies
unless Warriors win this series they have a chance in the conference finals

Dont see Spurs beating Memphis tho, they are old and gassed.

You do know our starting 5 only has one player over 30 years old. How would the Warriors possibly matchup with Memphis?
Share 49ersWebzone