There are 246 users in the forums

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I used to be the same way 4ml
I had favorite players not favorite teams in the nba. Then i went to a warriors game in 07 and became a fan

I've been to Warriors game and it's a lot of fun...but it's hard for me to really root for a team that plays in Oakland...(sorry man, I know you're A's fan). It's due to my dislike of the Raiders. Their obnoxious fan base (one of whom was my room-mate for couple years in college) doesn't help either.

I'm hoping Warriors move to San Francisco. But, I don't think NBA will ever be the same as NFL for me. I grew up watching the Niners...but I started gettin' into NBA a bit later and it was because of the players who played the game rather than a team.

You will be a Warriors fan in 2 years when LeBron comes aboard.

I'd love for Lebron to come to Bay Area (I'd drive down to games from Tahoe several times during the season!!!). That'd be awesome and I'd like to see it happen but I don't know if Lebron will leave Miami as long as Pat Riley is there. But, if Lebron is looking to move out of South Beach - Warriors will make a lot of sense with deadly shooters and all that cap room to land Lebron and one more starter in 2014 free agency.
I know...I should. This will be my last response to this troll.

I did a 2 minute research and found an interesting article. It had the quotes from well respected Coaches like Wilkens and Versace.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-04-11/sports/9002010097_1_bulls-referees-cavaliers-coach-lenny-wilkens

``He`s a great player and he gets all the calls, and if he gets all the calls he`s tough to play against,`` Lenny Wilkens said after that earlier game.

Then, after the Bulls beat the Pacers here last week, Indiana coach Dick Versace, whose team plays the Bulls next Monday, said Jordan ``is nice to watch, but he has an awful lot of license.``

Finally, Milwaukee coach Del Harris, whose Bucks play the Bulls here Friday, said in response to a reporter`s question about Jordan`s MVP chances: ``As ominous as it may sound, I think he`s still improving. One thing making him tough now is they`re letting him carry the ball when he changes direction.``

------------------

Yes, I was very young in 1990s...and I'm glad I was. I started watching NBA in 1993-94. But, I do have access to internet. 3 NBA coaches (2 of them were considered pretty damn good) made my point for you. The article I posted above is from 1990 and preferential treatment of Jordan only got worse in the following years.

Maybe you're just too old to recall the NBA of 1990s.

Where does it state in those quotes that beneficial treatment started with MJ? Still not backing up your own statements "Of course Magic and Bird got calls but they weren't protected like Jordan in 90's"

I'll wait
12321 said what?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
12321 said what?

This
The warriors won their first playoff OT game since the year I was born. lol
  • CRUD
67k posts. Where you born in 1917?
Originally posted by CRUD:

No, you have him mistaken with the poster Rubberneck
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by CRUD:

No, you have him mistaken with the poster Rubberneck

Or his grandfather boast.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Most FT attempts list:

Magic Johnson - no. 39
Larry Bird - no. 101
Michael Jordan - no. 9

Michael Jordan is the only SG other than Kobe Bryant in the top 20. But, Kobe Bryant has logged in 4200 more minutes than Jordan in regular season.

When you look at the playoffs - it is not even close. Jordan averaged 10 FT attempts a game for his career, whereas Kobe only attempted 7.4...Magic attempted 6.7 and Bird got 6.2 FTs. Only Wilt and Shaq attempted more than 10 FTs a game over a course of 10+ years and their 50% average from the strip may have something to do with it.

No guard attempted more FT per game than Michael Jordan in playoffs. This is true of any guard that came before or after Jordan.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
So glad we get 2 games tonight.

I still don't get why the Bulls are crying about officiating. It's pretty clear that they're playing dirty (by today's standards) and trying to get the Heat to react.
Most FT attempts list:

Magic Johnson - no. 39
Larry Bird - no. 101
Michael Jordan - no. 9

Michael Jordan is the only SG other than Kobe Bryant in the top 20. But, Kobe Bryant has logged in 4200 more minutes than Jordan in regular season.

When you look at the playoffs - it is not even close. Jordan averaged 10 FT attempts a game for his career, whereas Kobe only attempted 7.4...Magic attempted 6.7 and Bird got 6.2 FTs. Only Wilt and Shaq attempted more than 10 FTs a game over a course of 10+ years and their 50% average from the strip may have something to do with it.

No guard attempted more FT per game than Michael Jordan in playoffs. This is true of any guard that came before or after Jordan.

That, and the fact that they were the biggest physical mismatches in NBA history.

Jordan's easily the most coddled superstar I've ever seen. Not even close. I have no selfish reason to defend LeBron over MJ, but it's not even close in terms of love from the refs.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I still don't get why the Bulls are crying about officiating. It's pretty clear that they're playing dirty (by today's standards) and trying to get the Heat to react.

Not dirty but physical. Lebaby will continue to cry about it.
Originally posted by infinite_limit:
I know...I should. This will be my last response to this troll.

I did a 2 minute research and found an interesting article. It had the quotes from well respected Coaches like Wilkens and Versace.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-04-11/sports/9002010097_1_bulls-referees-cavaliers-coach-lenny-wilkens

``He`s a great player and he gets all the calls, and if he gets all the calls he`s tough to play against,`` Lenny Wilkens said after that earlier game.

Then, after the Bulls beat the Pacers here last week, Indiana coach Dick Versace, whose team plays the Bulls next Monday, said Jordan ``is nice to watch, but he has an awful lot of license.``

Finally, Milwaukee coach Del Harris, whose Bucks play the Bulls here Friday, said in response to a reporter`s question about Jordan`s MVP chances: ``As ominous as it may sound, I think he`s still improving. One thing making him tough now is they`re letting him carry the ball when he changes direction.``

------------------

Yes, I was very young in 1990s...and I'm glad I was. I started watching NBA in 1993-94. But, I do have access to internet. 3 NBA coaches (2 of them were considered pretty damn good) made my point for you. The article I posted above is from 1990 and preferential treatment of Jordan only got worse in the following years.

Maybe you're just too old to recall the NBA of 1990s.

Where does it state in those quotes that beneficial treatment started with MJ? Still not backing up your own statements "Of course Magic and Bird got calls but they weren't protected like Jordan in 90's"

I'll wait

Why do you keep coming back, man?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Not dirty but physical. Lebaby will continue to cry about it.

They were fine in game 1...but have been playing dirty and stupid in the following games. They are bullies and when Heat smacked them back - they lost their cool. Very typical of bullies.
Share 49ersWebzone