LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 375 users in the forums

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

warriors in 6.... leggo
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Well yeah! I was talking strictly from a fans perspective...on how NBA can improve it's product. It's not like NBA is the most popular sport or even close to it - and there are reasons for it.

It's not that far off. It's been estimated that 278 million people watched the Finals last year, which is only topped by events that happen every 4 years. (Soccer & Cricket WC's) The NBA's doing very, very well in terms of popularity.

Yeah but that has less to do with the game of basketball and more to do with Lebron James. Can't measure the strength of a league off of one game. I would like to see how the ratio of the regular season games compares.

The late game delays do tend to drag too much. The one thing they can do is not allow a timeout by the other team just after a break/timeout to see how the other team is lined up. They should eliminate allowing the "save my ass" timeouts such as the one before the 5-second inbound or the loose-ball timeout.

Not sure if you just misspoke, but the NBA Finals are more than just one game.

Didn't write it correctly but last years Final's rating had a lot to do with James more than anything. About the timeouts, they need to do something about the bail-out timeouts or the "examining the situation" timeout immediately after a break or timeout by the opponent.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Well yeah! I was talking strictly from a fans perspective...on how NBA can improve it's product. It's not like NBA is the most popular sport or even close to it - and there are reasons for it.

It's not that far off. It's been estimated that 278 million people watched the Finals last year, which is only topped by events that happen every 4 years. (Soccer & Cricket WC's) The NBA's doing very, very well in terms of popularity.

Yeah but that has less to do with the game of basketball and more to do with Lebron James. Can't measure the strength of a league off of one game. I would like to see how the ratio of the regular season games compares.

The late game delays do tend to drag too much. The one thing they can do is not allow a timeout by the other team just after a break/timeout to see how the other team is lined up. They should eliminate allowing the "save my ass" timeouts such as the one before the 5-second inbound or the loose-ball timeout.

Not sure if you just misspoke, but the NBA Finals are more than just one game.

Didn't write it correctly but last years Final's rating had a lot to do with James more than anything. About the timeouts, they need to do something about the bail-out timeouts or the "examining the situation" timeout immediately after a break or timeout by the opponent.

As opposed to the year before?
lol @ Stephen A saying that the Celtics are gonna trade Pierce, KG and Doc Rivers to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Caron Butler, and Eric Bledsoe. That would be the dumbest trade of all time.
warriors in 3
Nevermind I found the answer
[ Edited by valrod33 on May 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
lol @ Stephen A saying that the Celtics are gonna trade Pierce, KG and Doc Rivers to the Clippers for Blake Griffin, Caron Butler, and Eric Bledsoe. That would be the dumbest trade of all time.

does the trade include a time machine to go with KG and Pierce?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

In Simmons' latest article he references a trade that was supposedly on the table that would have sent KG and Pierce to the Clips.
Why the hell would the clippers trade Blake Griffin for those 40 year olds
Originally posted by 9erReign:

In Simmons' latest article he references a trade that was supposedly on the table that would have sent KG and Pierce to the Clips.

I believe that would have involved Deandre Jordan instead of Griffin though. Although Griffin might be the most overrated player in the league.

Originally posted by 9erReign:

I believe that would have involved Deandre Jordan instead of Griffin though. Although Griffin might be the most overrated player in the league.

Yeah I googled it and that sound about right. Yeah I'm not sure I would be comfortable with Griffin on a max contract. He needs to develop some kind of game besides dunking and starring in Kia commercials. Supposedly he worked on his jumper a ton but it still sucks.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Oh s**t!!!!!!!!
man, those bulls are tough and have heart. Nxt year, if they keep their core together and if healthy, are going to be tough
Originally posted by pdizo916:
man, those bulls are tough and have heart. Nxt year, if they keep their core together and if healthy, are going to be tough

especially if god lets Derek rose play
Share 49ersWebzone