LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

2012-2013 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think for the first time in my life, I feel like there's only one really good team in the playoffs now that Westbrook is out. Lame.

You didn't know that before?

I felt like before Westbrook went down there were two damn good teams in Miami & OKC. The East is God awful, with the 2nd best team probably being a Pacer squad that's been without Danny Granger all year. The 2nd best team in the NBA right now might be a fairly meh Spurs team.

The only matchup that would be remotely interesting to me at this point would be Memphis vs. Miami in the Finals, and that's only in a "styles make fights" kinda way.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think for the first time in my life, I feel like there's only one really good team in the playoffs now that Westbrook is out. Lame.

You didn't know that before?

Don't count the Spurs out just yet. Kawhi is becoming a very good defensive player and when called upon, can do some good things at the offensive end. The Spurs worst matchup in the playoffs would be Memphis because of their bigs and defensive back court. Other than that, I don't see a team that can out-run them or out physcial them.

Miami is the better team but it would be a very fun series to watch. Any other matchup for Miami in the Finals is just not interesting. I don't even like OKC with Westbrook vs Miami because Miami has the guns to give Durant and Westbrook trouble.

Injuries aside, I guess we were one of the top teams in the league from sheer luck. Amazing how the Spurs keep getting downplayed because we've been knocked out of previous playoffs. Don't forget, we were knocked out due to injuries. A healthy Spurs team is a top contender.
[ Edited by Joecool on May 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM ]
i think the dubs could give spurs some trouble IF the dubs get passed the nuggets TONIGHT.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
f**k man Deng is out tonight too, bulls are beat up
I think the only team that ever had a legit shot against the heat was the Pacers but that's only if Granger was healthy.

So aka no one has a chance for the next few years.
[ Edited by marshniners24 on May 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by dobophile:
OKC is done, even if they win this series. Before Westbrook went down, they were worse this season than last (because they chose poorly and kept the overrated, gimmicky shot-blocker). Now they just don't have the talent or the depth to get out of the West. And their coach is kinda meh TBH.

The East is very weak. LOL @ those who thought the Knicks might hope to compete with Miami. What a bunch of idiot losers. Showing up dressed in black because it was going to be a "funeral" ... and then they lose? C'mon.

I'd like to see the Grizzlies make it to the WCF.

man a week ago they were still the best team in the west.. they're just trying to adjust without westbrook

i agree it could be coaching though..

if only the Grizz still had Rudy Gay, they would be very tough to take down
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Love watchin Nate Robinson when he has it going

Hate it when he is off
Originally posted by Tman:
Love watchin Nate Robinson when he has it going

Hate it when he is off

I like how he's always getting the crowd fired up. I respect that

Go bulls
Lol DRose just jumped up out of his seat..awkward
Lol DRose just jumped up out of his seat..awkward

Taj Gibson looks awful. Is he sick?
Royce White talking ish to DurAnt

Lol

Has he even stepped on the court in playoffs?
Taj Gibson looks awful. Is he sick?

Yea he has an illness too
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by dobophile:
OKC is done, even if they win this series. Before Westbrook went down, they were worse this season than last (because they chose poorly and kept the overrated, gimmicky shot-blocker). Now they just don't have the talent or the depth to get out of the West. And their coach is kinda meh TBH.

The East is very weak. LOL @ those who thought the Knicks might hope to compete with Miami. What a bunch of idiot losers. Showing up dressed in black because it was going to be a "funeral" ... and then they lose? C'mon.

I'd like to see the Grizzlies make it to the WCF.

man a week ago they were still the best team in the west.. they're just trying to adjust without westbrook

i agree it could be coaching though..

They won more games, scored more points, gave up less points.

I don't see how they are worse than last year?
Nice block. Man Chicago is fun to watch, they're a very good coached team.
Share 49ersWebzone