LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by DaDDieO:
COCO BE BALLIN!!!!!

18HRs for Coco... I mean really? Who knew?
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
COCO BE BALLIN!!!!!

Him and Moss are carrying the team right now
Barton is surprisingly playing well, can't believe Im saying this but I'd rather have Barton in the line up than Reddick.

Ditto, Barton getting it done in this stint, see if he can keep it going. And I know Melvin loves the platoon, but right now I think Moss should be in the lineup EVERY day, regardless if there's a lefty going against the A's. He is far better vs righties, but I think he could get better vs. lefties the more he sees, and would just want that bat in the lineup.

And now with Coco being on fire, Donaldson getting back to form, if they could get ANYthing from Cespedes it would be a huge bonus...but not holding my breath, right now he's a solo-HR in the early-innings on a mistake pitch, but later in the game with runners on base he's a guaranteed K on 3-4 pitches.

My pessimism is paying off...that 13-game stretch of tough games (BAL, DET, TB, TEX) that just ended I predicted 4-9, A's went 9-4. So now I'm going to say Astros take 3/4.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
COCO BE BALLIN!!!!!

Him and Moss are carrying the team right now
Barton is surprisingly playing well, can't believe Im saying this but I'd rather have Barton in the line up than Reddick.

Ditto, Barton getting it done in this stint, see if he can keep it going. And I know Melvin loves the platoon, but right now I think Moss should be in the lineup EVERY day, regardless if there's a lefty going against the A's. He is far better vs righties, but I think he could get better vs. lefties the more he sees, and would just want that bat in the lineup.

And now with Coco being on fire, Donaldson getting back to form, if they could get ANYthing from Cespedes it would be a huge bonus...but not holding my breath, right now he's a solo-HR in the early-innings on a mistake pitch, but later in the game with runners on base he's a guaranteed K on 3-4 pitches.

My pessimism is paying off...that 13-game stretch of tough games (BAL, DET, TB, TEX) that just ended I predicted 4-9, A's went 9-4. So now I'm going to say Astros take 3/4.

I agree with the choice of Barton > Reddick. Plus, if Choice gets even a little bit comfy within the next 7-10 days, I think that Reddick will be no more than a left-handed PH or a late-inning defensive replacement . We gotta stay hot with the bats. Reddick has been a buzzkill during a majority of the season. Take away his few days in Toronto last month...what else has he done with the bat? (His glove has been Very good) I think that Melvin is gonna give him a couple of games to redeem himself when he returns. But at this point in the season, Short F**kin Leash.

What more can you say about what Coco has been doing? His play has been invigorating. He gets the loudest reaction from the home crowd, no doubt. Cespedes is no longer the fan favorite LOL Coco is making things happen at the plate. With that, we can now run out our best lineup everyday, where everyone protects each other. Even at the bottom of the order.

Just goes to show how deep of a squad we are.

-Sogard got hot in July to mid-Aug...but he's our 3rd middle infielder now. Callaspo has been a NICE pick-up. Steady with the bat.
-Coco is going insane. CY and Choice can provide rest days for any of the outfield spots.
-Moss (AL Player of the week) is on a HR tear. Yup, you gotta play him everyday. Reddick should get spot duty.
-Barton and Freiman have hit the ball pretty well over the past 10 days.
-Vogt and Suzuki has performed to expectation thus far. Norris is doing well in Sac, so he'll return from the rehab assignment soon.

Then, you have a pitching staff that's been stingy for the past few weeks. It's all coming together, man...we just need to sustain this hot streak for another...let's say...60 days.
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Sep 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM ]
Moss over Reddick is obvious, but I'd rather have Reddick over Young....
Good lord. I don't understand this team.
Well after a good series against Texas, this series against Houston is not starting well.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Good lord. I don't understand this team.

seriously, take 2 of 3 from the rangers but lose 3 of our last 4 to the damn astros

smh
I got diamond level seats for last night's game. We were Flat like an old can of sprite. Sonny didn't get any help from our defense early in last night's game. Our guys need a rest. We kinda shot our wad over the past 11 games. Need to recharge somehow. Brad f**kin Peacock schooled us
I got diamond level seats for last night's game. We were Flat like an old can of sprite. Sonny didn't get any help from our defense early in last night's game. Our guys need a rest. We kinda shot our wad over the past 11 games. Need to recharge somehow. Brad f**kin Peacock schooled us

Yeah, figures after the bats have been hot the past 1+ week then the A's make the vaunted Brad Peacock look like Cy Young material. And I don't say this a whole lot about players because it's just fan hyperbole, but right now Cespedes is GARBAGE. When the team is having an off night with the bats, pitching/defense are paramount...they got the pitching, but then dummy allows TWO runs to score on his idiot error. And then he has ducks on the pond in the 8th with 2 outs, here's his chance to actually help this team, but all he can manage is a weak little dribbler to 3rd. I actually was shocked he didn't K.
Dude does his best hitting when there's no one on base...get runnes on base and he stinks, and horrible 2-outs RISP, batting .154...if Melvin is going to keep this dud in the lineup then he should flip-flop him and Coco. It's a shame the A's got the wrong Cuban.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Yeah, figures after the bats have been hot the past 1+ week then the A's make the vaunted Brad Peacock look like Cy Young material. And I don't say this a whole lot about players because it's just fan hyperbole, but right now Cespedes is GARBAGE. When the team is having an off night with the bats, pitching/defense are paramount...they got the pitching, but then dummy allows TWO runs to score on his idiot error. And then he has ducks on the pond in the 8th with 2 outs, here's his chance to actually help this team, but all he can manage is a weak little dribbler to 3rd. I actually was shocked he didn't K.
Dude does his best hitting when there's no one on base...get runnes on base and he stinks, and horrible 2-outs RISP, batting .154...if Melvin is going to keep this dud in the lineup then he should flip-flop him and Coco. It's a shame the A's got the wrong Cuban.

He teased us last season (and during the derby, if you may) with his limitless amount of talent. But I was sitting very close to the on-deck circle last night. He's lost... His confidence is in the toilet. His hit last night was another weakly-hit ball through the hole that he beat out. Drop him down to 7th in the lineup (a la Reddick) until he can get it together. Yup, let Callaspo then Frieman/Barton hit ahead of him. He's playing like a judy, and his glove is horrible.

Thank you Eric Chavez. f**k the giants
Balfour hasnt had a clean save in what seems like weeks
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Another dub against those last-ros. thank goodness.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Share 49ersWebzone