There are 293 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

As awkward as it may have been, he'll get credited with a quality start today.
Man, i was trolling hella hard at the A's game yesterday. SCRATCH THAT, I was being a complete dick!!!! I got some dirty ass looks. But I am hella surprised how many Giants fans/gear I saw at the game. I know I see about a couple of A's hats at teh Giants game but I saw a lot of Giants stuff considering they weren't even playing. I also got so many high fives as well. It was weird.

edit: It was glad to see the stadium full for once. The crowd was energetic and loud. And I have to admit that the atmosphere was more festive than AT&T's. They were doing the berney and doing the arm spinning thing when Balfour (sp?) came out.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Sep 1, 2013 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Man, i was trolling hella hard at the A's game yesterday. SCRATCH THAT, I was being a complete dick!!!! I got some dirty ass looks. But I am hella surprised how many Giants fans/gear I saw at the game. I know I see about a couple of A's hats at teh Giants game but I saw a lot of Giants stuff considering they weren't even playing. I also got so many high fives as well. It was weird.

edit: It was glad to see the stadium full for once. The crowd was energetic and loud. And I have to admit that the atmosphere was more festive than AT&T's. They were doing the berney and doing the arm spinning thing when Balfour (sp?) came out.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll guess it involves yelling/cussing at people. True class, especially with kids around. And what does it matter who's wearing what to the game? Is the concept of just going to a game, enjoying it, and MYOFB really all that difficult? But I guess getting high-fives is a self-esteem builder for some people
Wow, stellar pitching and timely hitting leads to a 3-game sweep of the Rays, who scored a grand total of 5 runs in the series. So now 1 game back of Texas with the Rangers coming to O.co for 3. Of course hoping they sweep or take 2/3, but with as much trouble as they've had with the Rangers this season, I'd be good even if they only win 1, would still be just 2 back with 23 to play.

Balfour did pick up 2 saves in the series, but he almost melted down again on Saturday...hopefully he can get back to finding the plate, and not the 93-94 mph right down the middle kind he throws when he's struggling, but the painting the black at the knees.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll guess it involves yelling/cussing at people. True class, especially with kids around. And what does it matter who's wearing what to the game? Is the concept of just going to a game, enjoying it, and MYOFB really all that difficult? But I guess getting high-fives is a self-esteem builder for some people

Who said I was cussing infront of people and little kids. f**k your assumptions. I was vehemently rooting for the Rays and I was the only one in my section that was doing so. I was yelling "let's go rays" and as such. I did not say one bad word in front of anyone nor said anything derogatory about the A's but i did wear my giants gear proudly.

Who said I was cussing infront of people and little kids. f**k your assumptions. I was vehemently rooting for the Rays and I was the only one in my section that was doing so. I was yelling "let's go rays" and as such. I did not say one bad word in front of anyone nor said anything derogatory about the A's but i did wear my giants gear proudly.

I guess the part where you bragged about "being a d**k" threw me...I'm sure you were a perfect gentleman, nary a single curse word was uttered, a real joy to those around you. My apologies.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Sep 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM ]

I guess the part where you bragged about "being a d**k" threw me...I'm sure you were a perfect gentleman, nary a single curse word was uttered, a real joy to those around you. My apologies.

At least the A's won. it was weird seeing that stadium packed, doe.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran

At least the A's won. it was weird seeing that stadium packed, doe.

You like to wear Giants gear, go to A's games, root for the Rays, and then come to internet message boards and talk about how much of a dick you are?

God bless America.
Forget all of the outside noise...we are experiencing a pennant race. We've looked like sh** for the majority of the second half, but just took 6 of our last 7. This happened against a couple of the AL's best.

This team is something else!

(Now, if we can only have a HOT Cespedes in Sept/Oct.)
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Forget all of the outside noise...we are experiencing a pennant race. We've looked like sh** for the majority of the second half, but just took 6 of our last 7. This happened against a couple of the AL's best.

This team is something else!

(Now, if we can only have a HOT Cespedes in Sept/Oct.)

Choice is in the line up today

Let's go, OAKLAND!

Coco be Ballin!
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Coco be Ballin!

en fuego!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Let's go, OAKLAND!

nice pic
Ain't no way catfish beats Ricky!

Share 49ersWebzone