LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

She also said that Melvin ended the press conference on his own today. Visibly Livid. I'm pretty sure that he ripped into somebody in the clubhouse.
To make matters worse, Reddick has a right wrist sprain again. Getting MRI now. Dude...WTF...
I hate to say it because it'll sound like a rushed, panic move but F it...have Choice's uniform pressed out for his MLB debut on Friday night in Baltimore.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=LF&sid=t105&t=p_pbp&pid=574831
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Aug 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]
Like I said last week, the team is done. I don't think they'll reach 90 wins.

Didn't expect this team to perform like the 2011 Red Sox after the All-Star Break....
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
To make matters worse, Reddick has a right wrist sprain again. Getting MRI now. Dude...WTF...
I hate to say it because it'll sound like a rushed, panic move but F it...have Choice's uniform pressed out for his MLB debut on Friday night in Baltimore.

The China Doll outfield of Cespedes, Crisp, and Reddick, such delicate flowers...just waiting for one of them to break a rib sneezing. Oh well, it's a good thing they have Young and his .150 avg ready to step in on a moment's notice.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by DaDDieO:

The China Doll outfield of Cespedes, Crisp, and Reddick, such delicate flowers...just waiting for one of them to break a rib sneezing. Oh well, it's a good thing they have Young and his .150 avg ready to step in on a moment's notice.

So frustrating. Those were our 3 sparkplugs to begin the year...NONE of them are batting over .250???

hate to say it but I dont think we're making the playoffs unless Texas struggles also and we just beat them.
now we play the orioles and tigers away (7 games) and then the rays and texas. The next 2 weeks basically decide the rest of our season

my prediction is we miss out on the playoffs, this team is just awful right now.
We definitely suck right now no doubt but guys we have a month and a half left. Don't give up hope now!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
We definitely suck right now no doubt but guys we have a month and a half left. Don't give up hope now!

I'm not giving up, Im just not getting my hopes up lol
We have to win our games against Texas to win the division, and there's still like 8 games left against them. Our next series against them is in 10 or 11 days, so hopefully we can get some momentum in the next couple of series. It'll be tough from here though, our schedule gets harder and harder while Texas' gets easier
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I hope, but it's blind empty hope because this team hasn't given fans much reason to have any...I mean, it's been like a month since they've been able to string together a measley 3-gm win streak. Can't even remember the last time their 'Last 10' in the standings was 8-2 or even 7-3. They're coming off a homestand that they were supposed to make hay, should have gone 6-3 at worst.

Now they have to start a make-or-break 13-game stretch on the road @ BAL and DET (7 games). It'll be a miracle if they go 6-7...I think they'll go 4-9 and unless the Rangers sputter then winning the division will be a pipe dream.

Then that leaves the idiotic 2-team wildcard the A's have to chase along with 5-6 other teams.

So there you go, my Mr. Happy Sunshine A's Report for today.
we've traded for Kurt Suzuki

SEASON SAVED
CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
we've traded for Kurt Suzuki

SEASON SAVED
CHAMPIONSHIP

You can never have too many .220 hitting catchers with almost no power.

Certainly worth giving up a pitching prospect.

This stroke of genius will be the main plot device in the "Moneyball" sequel.
Can finally redust off my Pepsi replica gold Suzuki jersey...
Quality start for Straily.
f**k straily
ive lost all hope for this season, even if we somehow make it to the playoffs we're not getting out of the first round
lol this team sucks balls
Share 49ersWebzone