There are 130 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Being tied for first may wake this team up. It doesn't matter what Texas does - A's are not making the playoffs playing this way.

Glad to see Donaldson wake up slightly today, but when Sogard is our best hitter (!) things are bleak.
Coco has hit a wall. If he doesn't produce, our offense really struggles.

All three of our starting outfielders have sucked at the plate. Then we got CY and Seth...CY is terrible, but Seth is better than what he's displaying.

Not gonna panic just yet...but I'd we don't split with Toronto...
I never thought that Eric Sogard would be the best 2B option in the entire system. Let alone our hottest hitter coming out of the break. NERDpower is doing work.
[ Edited by DaDDieO on Aug 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM ]
we suck
make it stop
Originally posted by Ballistic:
oh neat, Callaspo hurt now

Bring me...Rosales

Ok seriously, Sac should start playing Jemile back at 2B again
Originally posted by captveg:
Being tied for first may wake this team up. It doesn't matter what Texas does - A's are not making the playoffs playing this way.

Glad to see Donaldson wake up slightly today, but when Sogard is our best hitter (!) things are bleak.

By the end of August I wouldn't be surprised if they're 5+ games behind Texas...except Astros series coming up next week, schedule rest of this month is brutal. They play a bunch of >.500 teams, and even the sub-.500 teams they're playing are teams that have the A's number, Seattle and Cleveland, and Toronto just took 2/3 last week @ OAK.

Since July 1, in 26 games Cespedes has a grand total of 2 HR, 10 RBI, 7 R, 20 Ks, an avg that's stayed right around .228, and an army of runners LOB...that's not good for anyone, but if you're my cleanup hitter then our team has a real problem. And there were people talking 40/40 for this guy.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Aug 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
oh neat, Callaspo hurt now

Bring me...Rosales

Ok seriously, Sac should start playing Jemile back at 2B again

this

It's not like Callaspo or Lowrie are defensive super stars
What the last couple weeks proves is just how much slack Donaldson was picking up May through mid-July.
Originally posted by captveg:
What the last couple weeks proves is just how much slack Donaldson was picking up May through mid-July.

Really good point. Without him, we're 8-10 games back. Lowrie and Donaldson have exceeded expectation, along with Sogard, when it comes to our sticks. (Maybe Freiman as well) Everyone else has disappointed.
You know most of us are being pessimistic but the fact of the matter is we could be 7 games up in a month or 7 games down. Teams get so hot and cold so quickly in this damn game. Let's hope for a hot finish. I can't believe Reddick has been so s**tty this year.

Originally posted by socalfan21:
You know most of us are being pessimistic but the fact of the matter is we could be 7 games up in a month or 7 games down. Teams get so hot and cold so quickly in this damn game. Let's hope for a hot finish. I can't believe Reddick has been so s**tty this year.

yes sir
once we play the astros we'll get hot, it happens every time

eid mubarak btw
Off day...a good opportunity to spend some time taking our heads outta our a$$es
did you guys win the division yet?
TODAY...we mash!!! Let's goooooo!!
Please keep this up for multiple games, guys.
Share 49ersWebzone