There are 156 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Cespedes is going to go off this 2nd half, mark my words, he's going to have a huge 2nd half

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/paul-gutierrez/are-cespedes-reddick-ready-take

[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM ]
If the A's want to accomplish anything of significance, Yoenis has to go nuts for the next 3 months. Period. The pitching will be steady but we are going to have to produce runs on a nightly basis.
tonight's lineup

When was the last game Neshek pitched in? Seems like weeks now.
Grant green late scratch from AAA game but chillin in the dugout... TRADE?!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Grant green late scratch from AAA game but chillin in the dugout... TRADE?!

would not mind
welp..

"@JaneMLB: Source confirms A's getting Alberto Callaspo from Angels for Grant Green."
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
welp..

"@JaneMLB: Source confirms A's getting Alberto Callaspo from Angels for Grant Green."

ehh kinda got mixed feelings on this one..probably cause I have a soft spot for our draft picks so i hate to see them get traded! lol
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
ehh kinda got mixed feelings on this one..probably cause I have a soft spot for our draft picks so i hate to see them get traded! lol

Ya..
A part of me wants to give Green another chance.
But the other part of me remembers how s**tty he was offensively and defensively. And we are in win now mode and can't really afford to give him another chance.

Callaspo has a career 301/.347/.416 against LHP.

Also, maybe they move Weeks back to 2b and give him another chance next season?

Ya..
A part of me wants to give Green another chance.
But the other part of me remembers how s**tty he was offensively and defensively. And we are in win now mode and can't really afford to give him another chance.

Callaspo has a career 301/.347/.416 against LHP.

Also, maybe they move Weeks back to 2b and give him another chance next season?

That's true. I really do think we have a shot this year so you're right about getting someone decent in there. I hope so about Weeks as well. Just hope IF he gets that chance again he takes off like he did back in 2011

That's true. I really do think we have a shot this year so you're right about getting someone decent in there. I hope so about Weeks as well. Just hope IF he gets that chance again he takes off like he did back in 2011

Ya, 2011 Weeks was so fun to watch. Hitting well in AAA so we can't completely give up on him, right? :)

Ya, 2011 Weeks was so fun to watch. Hitting well in AAA so we can't completely give up on him, right? :)
We better not! Speaking of which I need to hit up a Rivercats game again!
The A's are so excited about getting Callaspo that they have decided to completely stop playing tonight to move on to tomorrow.
Callaspo is a good move. Gets rid of Rosales for good (error tonight ) and gives us a backup at 3rd for Donaldson to get an occasional day off. Sogard is utility SS/2B.

Green is probably a year away. Seems like Beane wasnt thrilled with his initial MLB performance, and his defensive conundrum is a tough spot for any team.
[ Edited by captveg on Jul 30, 2013 at 8:33 PM ]
And can we PLEASE get rid of Young? Guy Ks or pops up every other at bat.
Share 49ersWebzone