LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by DaDDieO:
And they've had Jemile playing CF. Hiro has gotten a shot at SS and 2B...still can't get himself into a groove.

Rosales is our best defensive middle infielder...but yeah, his bat is about as useless as a toothpick up there.

I completely forgot about that dude lol
30 year old in triple A, cool
For those wondering about updates on a new stadium...there are rumblings that the City of SJ lawsuit vs MLB has gotten Oakland lawmakers off their a$$es...

http://www.saveoaklandsports.org/site/?p=1411

-Ok,so the lead prosecutor from the Iran-Contra trial will be representing MLB vs the City of SJ.
-The anti-trust laws that are being challenged by SJ were set (in stone) back in 1922.
- The Howard Terminal site has been all but cleared for development. (This is my IDEAL outcome...I'll explain in a sec)
-The A's lease in Oakland expires after this season (of which they will likely renew on a temporary basis
You know... at this point im willing to take on Utley and whatever his salary is. We need a second baseman!
Originally posted by socalfan21:
You know... at this point im willing to take on Utley and whatever his salary is. We need a second baseman!

Sounds like the Phillies don't wanna break up their (Rollins, Howard, Utley) nucleus yet. He might be receiving an extension soon.
Once Rosales struggles (again), you gotta give Jemile another shot, right?
Big series coming up best of luck my dudes
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Big series coming up best of luck my dudes

No doubt...just glad that we don't have to see Weaver in this series.
1969 throwback uni game on Sat (both teams).....will be extra herbaceous @ O.co lol

(reddick, CY, and sogard already busted out striped stirrups couple weeks ago)
For those wondering about updates on a new stadium...there are rumblings that the City of SJ lawsuit vs MLB has gotten Oakland lawmakers off their a$$es...

-Ok,so the lead prosecutor from the Iran-Contra trial will be representing MLB vs the City of SJ.
-The anti-trust laws that are being challenged by SJ were set (in stone) back in 1922.
- The Howard Terminal site has been all but cleared for development. (This is my IDEAL outcome...I'll explain in a sec)
-The A's lease in Oakland expires after this season (of which they will likely renew on a temporary basis

I'm totally ignorant of oakland's finances, but are they financially able to help the A's build a stadium in Oakland? This situation is utterly ridiculous.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I'm totally ignorant of oakland's finances, but are they financially able to help the A's build a stadium in Oakland? This situation is utterly ridiculous.

Not in the least LOL

The city really is broke, bro. Imagine...one of the most dangerous cities in the US had to cut a portion of its police force last year. It's a total longshot at this stage. But if SJ can't get it done, where will Lew look next? There's nowhere to go. Here's what's needed to get the ball rolling:

- Private Money is needed to get this thing going. If a worthy investor shows heavy interest in the Howard Terminal site, that's a step in the right direction.
- Selig and his buddies will pony up a small percentage to assist in development, but not much.
- Mayor Quan needs to morph into Sacramento Mayor KJ for the next couple of years. If she works hard to encourage private organizations to invest, the city of Oakland can come forth with a development plan. Lew will act as if he's dead set on SJ, but he's gonna have to at least consider taking another look at Oakland.
- Best case scenario: LEW SELLS THE FRANCHISE to a buyer like that Clorox dude and his buds.

If the Howard Terminal site (near Jack London Square) is a green light, we could potentially build a ballpark that stares right across the bay at AT&T Park. How cool would THAT be?

Not in the least LOL

The city really is broke, bro. Imagine...one of the most dangerous cities in the US had to cut a portion of its police force last year. It's a total longshot at this stage. But if SJ can't get it done, where will Lew look next? There's nowhere to go. Here's what's needed to get the ball rolling:

- Private Money is needed to get this thing going. If a worthy investor shows heavy interest in the Howard Terminal site, that's a step in the right direction.
- Selig and his buddies will pony up a small percentage to assist in development, but not much.
- Mayor Quan needs to morph into Sacramento Mayor KJ for the next couple of years. If she works hard to encourage private organizations to invest, the city of Oakland can come forth with a development plan. Lew will act as if he's dead set on SJ, but he's gonna have to at least consider taking another look at Oakland.
- Best case scenario: LEW SELLS THE FRANCHISE to a buyer like that Clorox dude and his buds.

If the Howard Terminal site (near Jack London Square) is a green light, we could potentially build a ballpark that stares right across the bay at AT&T Park. How cool would THAT be?

if homeplate is facing WEST, yay for batters facing the sun on late afternoon games
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Not in the least LOL

if homeplate is facing WEST, yay for batters facing the sun on late afternoon games

Push first pitch back to 7:15pm or 7:30pm like in the 80s.
Rumor has it that we're interested in Jake Peavy.

2 years and a lot of money. No thanks.

eh..I don't really want Peavy

I want a second baseman lol
Share 49ersWebzone