LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
LOL - so true. The amount of hand wringing over the Giants by the Bay Area media the last couple weeks combined with NO media coverage of the A's has reached ridiculous levels.

im not a fan of the giants or A's, but I follow 95.7 the game on FB for the 49ers..and every time i look on there its pics about the giants

a's fans are always like "who cares, actually cover the A's for once" lol
Originally posted by jrg:
LOL - so true. The amount of hand wringing over the Giants by the Bay Area media the last couple weeks combined with NO media coverage of the A's has reached ridiculous levels.

im not a fan of the giants or A's, but I follow 95.7 the game on FB for the 49ers..and every time i look on there its pics about the giants

they talk a lot about the giants for being the A's flagship station
there's a good balance of both, which is annoying because I want all A's and nothing else
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

there's a good balance of both, which is annoying because I want all A's and nothing else

i hear ya. i would be pissed if there was another team on my sports radio haha
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

i hear ya. i would be pissed if there was another team on my sports radio haha

The bay area media doesnt cover the Giants 80/20 over the A's for no good reason...Has to do with demand. Even when the Giants are bad, theyre by far the more popular team in northern CA.

Some A's fans like to make it out to be an insult, or that somehow the A's are being treated unfairly. Its all about ratings and demand.

They actually talk A LOT more about the A's than they do giants Giants. It's the A's flagship for games.
The Bay Area is divided unevenly between the two squads. SF is the major market, so the attention "makes sense". But I'll argue that winning a Championship is what prods a majority of the casual fans toward one team or another.

Our A's are grinding out tough, clutch Wins this season. The pitching (overall) has been really good. Bartolo might get suspended, but we have insurance in Sonny G. Dude is electric. He's ready to begin his big league career as a starter. Parker has rebounded from an ugly April/early May. Milone has slowed down a bit, but the break should help. Griffin has been steady...he just so happens to make the mistake pitch due the worst of situations. Straily exceeded expectations. Cespy and Reddick have struggled, but JD and Lowrie have stepped up. CY sucks.

The Giants are scuffling big-time...but I still wont rule out a run to get back into the West race. Say that they run off a 5-6 game winning streak right now. They aren't out of it by any stretch.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
They actually talk A LOT more about the A's than they do giants Giants. It's the A's flagship for games.
they do, they have A's pre and post game shows every day, and Towny is a diehard A's fan and shows it and he's one of their main shows. And Greg Papa is obviously an Oakland guy, but I still hate when they talk giants
That game was balls. Offense needs to get out of their latest funk quick. Cespedes especially seems to have been struggling for about a month now. Reddick at least had a good series against KC.

And is it just me, but being down two runs with no outs in the 9th, why the hell doesn't Moss bunt down the third base line against the shift? Just get on base, damn it.
That game was balls. Offense needs to get out of their latest funk quick. Cespedes especially seems to have been struggling for about a month now. Reddick at least had a good series against KC.

And is it just me, but being down two runs with no outs in the 9th, why the hell doesn't Moss bunt down the third base line against the shift? Just get on base, damn it.

Lol Moss? Brandon Moss? Are you kidding?
We're fine...Lackey owned us (again)...we just gotta rebound tonight. The Bosox lineup is tough..but We're due to have another offensive explosion soon. If not, take it to the break...come back fully rested and ready next weekend. We're in a good spot.

But I have to say, Reddick and Cespy need to pick it up ASAP.

Lol Moss? Brandon Moss? Are you kidding?

The goal for the first batter of the 9th when down two runs is to get on base. Bunt it to third, he's on base. Tying run is now at the plate.
Bats better wake up. Dont want to get no-hit by some kid making his MLB debut.
We are being no hit by some scrub. Awesome.
We are being no hit by some scrub. Awesome.

Coco saved the day
Josh Donaldson b***hes
Share 49ersWebzone