LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by captveg:
Reddick having a great series in KC this weekend

he was batting .130 a couple weeks ago, now ahead of Yoenis at .225
You guys might want to wait until the actual game before you keep complaining about Donaldson. Hes going to be selected as a replacement. In 2011 Andrew McCutchen got snubbed, and the Pirates fans ended up looking dumb for all the whining they did after he was added to the roster a few days later.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst23m
A Josh Donaldson nugget from @InsideEdgeScout - OPS w/ men on base is 1.069. Only 3 men in baseball are better: Cabrera, Davis, Goldschmidt

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst21m
One more from @InsideEdgeScout on Donaldson: One of just 10 hitters in MLB with .500+ SLG vs. fastballs & a .275+ AVG vs offspeed stuff

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst19m
Two more Donaldson nuggets I dug up: He's reached base more times than Manny Machado & is worth more Wins Above Replacement than Mike Trout.

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst17m
In other words, how is Donaldson not an all-star? And how can A's only have one all-star? A sure sign something went amiss in this process

SJ suit backlash?
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jul 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM ]
Can Yoenis be in the HR contest, does he have to be a All Star to do that? it is a shame if he can't
Grant Green being called up and starting at 2nd tomorrow!!!!!!! Rosales being DFA'd!!!!!!! Is this real life?!?!?!
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Can Yoenis be in the HR contest, does he have to be a All Star to do that? it is a shame if he can't

Im pretty sure you have to be an All-Star.
Grant Green called up and will play 2b today excited to see what he can do. And a good move to see what he gives us before we trade for a second baseman
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
he's stated that he wants to participate in it, yes
Originally posted by Niners99:
You guys might want to wait until the actual game before you keep complaining about Donaldson. Hes going to be selected as a replacement. In 2011 Andrew McCutchen got snubbed, and the Pirates fans ended up looking dumb for all the whining they did after he was added to the roster a few days later.
Leyland basically had 3 guys to choose from and he went with Jason Kipnis and Manny Machado over Donaldson. All 3 were deserving but I would have gone with Donaldson over Machado this time around. I dont think he should have to just get in as an injury relacement.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Leyland basically had 3 guys to choose from and he went with Jason Kipnis and Manny Machado over Donaldson. All 3 were deserving but I would have gone with Donaldson over Machado this time around. I dont think he should have to just get in as an injury relacement.

this
I would've considered Beltre over Machado as well.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

this
I would've considered Beltre over Machado as well.

Yep. Me too.
Grant Green called up and will play 2b today excited to see what he can do. And a good move to see what he gives us before we trade for a second baseman

Yes! Can't wait! This should be a good series against the Pirates.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:

Yes! Can't wait! This should be a good series against the Pirates.

It's nice to see Green's name there instead of Rosales'

Rosies a nice guy and a class act, I was rooting for him to do well, but the guy just sucked lol
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM ]
no RH on the bench? Thats odd
Originally posted by valrod33:
no RH on the bench? Thats odd

righty heavy vs a lefty today
I'm guessing whoever is pitching against has us some bad splits on righties/lefties because Reddick has been hot and he's on the bench. Maybe just wants to give him a day off
Share 49ersWebzone