LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by DaDDieO:
If Lew is willing to open up the bank book, sure. But I'm hoping to land a decent SS, So that Lowrie can move to 2B.

Well he is gonna be a FA this year so he could be a rental for us to make a run, but I agree I hope we pick up a SS. Either/or is just fine with me
Colon only athletic named to the all star team, such bull s**t that Donaldson and Balfour didn't make it
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Colon only athletic named to the all star team, such bull s**t that Donaldson and Balfour didn't make it

Yeah Donaldson got screwed. He'll find his way on to the team eventually due to injuries or drop outs, but its still pretty insulting to not even be selected to the final vote ballot.

I find it weird that big fat Bartolo Colon, a known steroid user who is 100 years old, doesnt have overpowering stuff, and isnt marketable at all was selected over Donaldson.

Its the elephant (ironically) in the room that he basically went overseas for a weird European stem cell procedure, then comes back with a 25 year old elbow on his 55 year old truck driver body, and is dominating. I dont think anyone wouldve minded if he was left off the team.
just Colon? What a joke

Balfour and JD also both deserving of spots in the ASG
MLB is a joke with voting system.
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
This is incredible. We need to find platoon replacements for Sogard and Rosales. These guys are horrible. That's the only trade(s) that I'd like to see.

I've heard Chase Utley's name pop up as of late. What do you think?

We don't need a big name I just want capable platoons who aren't Rosales or Sogard.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
just Colon? What a joke

Balfour and JD also both deserving of spots in the ASG

Hopefully just lights a fire in both and motivates them in the playoff push
How does a 1st place team with the 5th best record in baseball only have 1 All-Star? I'd be pissed if I was an A's fan.
The AL Final Vote ballot is the real joke.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
We don't need a big name I just want capable platoons who aren't Rosales or Sogard.

lol true.

Originally posted by Niners99:

seriously, relievers on that roster over Balfour is a unfunny joke
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Niners99:

seriously, relievers on that roster over Balfour is a unfunny joke

Apparently whoever picked the final vote ballot decided that middle relief pitchers, despite being the dregs of the Major Leagues, must be represented in full force.

Those guys are having nice years, but RP in general come in for 1 to 3 outs at a time against favorable matchups, and are in a position where even if they cough up the lead, the other guys' era goes up, not their own. RP are the guys who arent good enough to be starters, and arent good enough to be closers. I just dont think they should go to the AS game over other deserving SP.
Reddick having a great series in KC this weekend
The All Star system for all of professional sports is a joke so I am not surprised.
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst23m
A Josh Donaldson nugget from @InsideEdgeScout - OPS w/ men on base is 1.069. Only 3 men in baseball are better: Cabrera, Davis, Goldschmidt

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst21m
One more from @InsideEdgeScout on Donaldson: One of just 10 hitters in MLB with .500+ SLG vs. fastballs & a .275+ AVG vs offspeed stuff

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst19m
Two more Donaldson nuggets I dug up: He's reached base more times than Manny Machado & is worth more Wins Above Replacement than Mike Trout.

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst17m
In other words, how is Donaldson not an all-star? And how can A's only have one all-star? A sure sign something went amiss in this process

[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jul 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone