LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Glad to see the A's pulled it out. I'm glad I wasn't around to watch it, I probably would have stabbed somebody.
Originally posted by captveg:
Norris did the worst thing a hitter can do in that situation with that hard grounder right to a shallow infielder for a home-first double play.

I was BEGGING the ump to call that 0-2 pitch to Norris Strike 3, because I KNEW his dumba** was primed for a home-to-first double-play. I guess they really liked that 3-run walkoff he hit a YEAR ago, because can't figure out why they're giving him the Barton treatment and letting him hang around so long...he's not some awesome defensive catcher that makes you forget he struggles to get over the Mendoza Line with the bat.

But, still got the W, now get the sweep today.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jun 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Norris did the worst thing a hitter can do in that situation with that hard grounder right to a shallow infielder for a home-first double play.

I was BEGGING the ump to call that 0-2 pitch to Norris Strike 3, because I KNEW his dumba** was primed for a home-to-first double-play. I guess they really liked that 3-run walkoff he hit a YEAR ago, because can't figure out why they're giving him the Barton treatment and letting him hang around so long...he's not some awesome defensive catcher that makes you forget he struggles to get over the Mendoza Line with the bat.

But, still got the W, now get the sweep today.

Barton treatment? Norris hasn't even played a full season yet lol

He has a .380 obp vs lefties where we use him to platoon so he hasn't been too terrible
Man, you guys are fa realz. Last year was no fluke......
Great to see Parker turn it around and for the A's to finally break through against Sale, who has been awesome this year. 14 wins in the last 16 games!
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Barton treatment? Norris hasn't even played a full season yet lol

He has a .380 obp vs lefties where we use him to platoon so he hasn't been too terrible

I know, I'm being a hyperbolic irrational fan when I actually compare him to Barton. Still though, for being an avg defensive catcher it would be nice if he could be slightly avg at the plate, and no stats to back it up but, save for the 3-run jack last year, seems like he rarely if ever comes through in the clutch. But when the alternative is Jaso, who is equally meh as Norris, then not like there's much choice. Don't mind me, A's have been lights out past couple weeks and I'm just playig the role of Dark Cloud.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I know, I'm being a hyperbolic irrational fan when I actually compare him to Barton. Still though, for being an avg defensive catcher it would be nice if he could be slightly avg at the plate, and no stats to back it up but, save for the 3-run jack last year, seems like he rarely if ever comes through in the clutch. But when the alternative is Jaso, who is equally meh as Norris, then not like there's much choice. Don't mind me, A's have been lights out past couple weeks and I'm just playig the role of Dark Cloud.

I agree, Derek Norris isn't clutch at all. I honestly hated him last season and thought he was 1 reason we didn't beat the tigers, he was so bad behind the plate that last game it costed us a couple runs.

But he is still young so I'm willing to give him a chance.

The game a couple days ago was pretty cool. The crowd went crazy when it was bases loaded no outs in the 9th, but your boy Derek Norris GIDP . Then we went crazy when they pinch-hitted Coco Crisp lol, only for them to intentional walk him.

I took a pic of banjo man sitting in the row in front of me (lol) and another pic of the A"s celebrating after the walkoff walk, I'll post them soon. It was a fun game to go to, glad I picked that one Saw Reddick get pied, that was cool too.
Nate Freiman named AL rookie of the month
Hopefully Milone does this to the baseball during tonight's game.
I didn't realize that Milwaukee was this horrible.

Melvin needs to go out and argue the runner in the baseline there.
And these line drives that keep getting caught off of Reddick's bat have to start falling in soon, right? The guy has been hitting the ball pretty well since returning but the stat line isn't showing it.
2 homerun game by Cespy

And the great pitches continues
And these line drives that keep getting caught off of Reddick's bat have to start falling in soon, right? The guy has been hitting the ball pretty well since returning but the stat line isn't showing it.

Was thinking the same thing
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Jun 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM ]
Dolittle - 3 hits on 4 pitches.
Share 49ersWebzone