LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Going back to last year, it seems that umpires with really large high/low strike zones hurt the A's more than their opponents. It really hurts their ability to play their style of game when pitches below the knees are strikes...

In any case, if they lose today it's on Anderson giving up HRs, but still - those low strikes were BS.
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM ]
We had our chances but couldn't get the big hit with RISP.

My problem with the Ump wasn't the strikezone itself, it was the inconsistency of the calls. A pitch in the same location would be called both a ball and a strike in the same at bat. That's tremendously frustrating for a hitter.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Apr 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM ]
I actually wasn't able to watch the game yesterday but I kinda figured this one was the one we lose. Verlander is just too tough.
Cespy on DL with strained muscle in wrist. Not too surprising after his grimaces on Friday night before he left the game.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
We had our chances but couldn't get the big hit with RISP.

My problem with the Ump wasn't the strikezone itself, it was the inconsistency of the calls. A pitch in the same location would be called both a ball and a strike in the same at bat. That's tremendously frustrating for a hitter.

Exactly how are hitters supposed to know which pitches to lay off and which ones not to.
Hoping for a return to form for Parker today.
Hunter was out. Umps have been terrible this series.
Jesus Christ Parker... Our offense without Crisp is just... Yikes.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Hunter was out. Umps have been terrible this series.

I don't think Norris applied the tag. If he would have caught it cleanly (like 90% of all catchers would have) he would have been out by a mile.
I would love the A's to trade for a competent second baseman.

Jeez.
No Crisp + No Cespedes = very little offense
Wtf Parker
Parker is quickly looking like a guy who was a one hit wonder last year.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Parker is quickly looking like a guy who was a one hit wonder last year.

He better get his s**t together

if not we'll just gladly demote him to AAA and call up Straily
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Apr 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone