LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 117 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I agree with everything you said
It is a pipe dream and it's oakland pretending like they're trying to keep the A's

Its not just Oakland, MLB is doing the same thing, just kicking the can down the road further, not giving a f**k whatsoever. As long as Oakland keeps the charades up about coming up with viable sites, it allows the MLB to throw their hands up and deflect the issue entirely.
i hope mlb can make wolfe sell the a's to that clorox guy and have them build that ballpark by jack london square. I would LOVE to see that.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i hope mlb can make wolfe sell the a's to that clorox guy and have them build that ballpark by jack london square. I would LOVE to see that.

Don't hold your breath on that. Most of these stadium scenario's that are being proposed are absolute pipe dreams, being thrown out there more to look like something is being done when in reality, nothing is being done.
I still think that the A's best bet for long-term success is to move to San Jose. I haven't seen any way that they could realistically stick around in Oakland, find a proper new stadium site and have any expectation of drawing much larger regular attendance there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I still think that the A's best bet for long-term success is to move to San Jose. I haven't seen any way that they could realistically stick around in Oakland, find a proper new stadium site and have any expectation of drawing much larger regular attendance there.

im afraid you're right. If they do move to SJ, it's going to cut into the Giants profit; thus, decreasing payroll. I know the G's would have the eastbay rights, but still....
im afraid you're right. If they do move to SJ, it's going to cut into the Giants profit; thus, decreasing payroll. I know the G's would have the eastbay rights, but still....

I think the Giants would do just fine, the A's would be located further away than they are now and the Bay Area truly is big enough for two teams to split up.
I think the Giants would do just fine, the A's would be located further away than they are now and the Bay Area truly is big enough for two teams to split up.

How about the A's moving to Sacramento?

But of course I'd have to buy the mlb package on dish.
How about the A's moving to Sacramento?

But of course I'd have to buy the mlb package on dish.

Yeah, I think Shaq might have something to say about that.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the Giants b***h about that either though. In reality, the Giants I think are hoping that the A's either get sick and tired of waiting and pack up and move out of state completely, or the rest of the owners get fed up with revenue sharing and vote to contract the A's and Devil Rays. From everything I've heard, the Giants don't seem to want the A's in San Jose, Oakland or anywhere else within a 500 mile radius.
Yeah, I think Shaq might have something to say about that.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the Giants b***h about that either though. In reality, the Giants I think are hoping that the A's either get sick and tired of waiting and pack up and move out of state completely, or the rest of the owners get fed up with revenue sharing and vote to contract the A's and Devil Rays. From everything I've heard, the Giants don't seem to want the A's in San Jose, Oakland or anywhere else within a 500 mile radius.

So the Giants are the new evil empire of the west coast?
Rumor now has it that Lacob and Gruber have an interest in buying the A's. Problem is that Lew insists that the team isn't up for sale.

Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Rumor now has it that Lacob and Gruber have an interest in buying the A's. Problem is that Lew insists that the team isn't up for sale.

Damn. How much money does those n***as have?!?! Are they going to move them to San Francisco, too?!?!
Bump for fun.
A lot of talk lately about acquiring the Japanese thrower, Tanaka. Rumor has it that we're either very interested, or just driving the price up.

If we were to add him to our staff, WHOA!
Originally posted by DaDDieO:
A lot of talk lately about acquiring the Japanese thrower, Tanaka. Rumor has it that we're either very interested, or just driving the price up.

If we were to add him to our staff, WHOA!

Perhaps, he's going to cost more than 100 million. Why on earth why the A's would seriously consider him when they cannot keep their own players? Better you guys than the Dodgers.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Dallas Braden To Retire

link
Share 49ersWebzone