There are 259 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by robniner:

But losing 1-0

Don't like his WHIP.

Career 1.29. I don't mind it. Would like for him to be a little more consistent, but he is still young.

Theres nothing wrong with a 1.33 WHIP. Its not great, but its acceptable.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pujols Says He May Not Play Out His Contract With Angels

(KTVI) – Former St. Louis Cardinals player Albert Pujols told the LA Times he won't play out his 10-year contract with the Angels if he doesn't perform up to standards.

Pujols, 33, is only two years into his $240-million contract with the Angels.

"God has given me ability and talent, but the day I feel like I can't compete any more on this level, I'm not going to embarrass myself. I'm going to walk off. Whether it's next year or two years from now, only God knows," Pujols told LA Times.

If Pujols leaves the Angels, he is not allowed to come back to the Cardinals due to his agreement. The deal forbids Pujols from appearing as a representative from any team, other than Anaheim, for 10 years after his retirement.

Pujols will face the Cardinals this season, but the games will be held in Anaheim. If the schedule keeps up as is, Pujols won't have to face the Cardinals in St. Louis until 2016.

f**king cubs....loll

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/9158055/goat-head-delivered-chicago-cubs-owner-tom-ricketts-wrigley-field
Pujols Says He May Not Play Out His Contract With Angels

(KTVI) – Former St. Louis Cardinals player Albert Pujols told the LA Times he won't play out his 10-year contract with the Angels if he doesn't perform up to standards.

Pujols, 33, is only two years into his $240-million contract with the Angels.

"God has given me ability and talent, but the day I feel like I can't compete any more on this level, I'm not going to embarrass myself. I'm going to walk off. Whether it's next year or two years from now, only God knows," Pujols told LA Times.

If Pujols leaves the Angels, he is not allowed to come back to the Cardinals due to his agreement. The deal forbids Pujols from appearing as a representative from any team, other than Anaheim, for 10 years after his retirement.

Pujols will face the Cardinals this season, but the games will be held in Anaheim. If the schedule keeps up as is, Pujols won't have to face the Cardinals in St. Louis until 2016.

lol the Angels are saying "oh no you arent."
Phillies are streaking!!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Phillies are streaking!!!

lol won't catch ATL or WAS lol
Once again, the Mariners are making the Astros look good.
Looks like the Royals have a new closer in Kelvin Herrera.

The Brewers have apparently demoted John Axford.
The Blue Jays added R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson in the offseason, and were supposed to have a stacked rotation this year. But with Josh Johnson failing to get out of the first inning today, the trio has yet to win and combined to post a 9.75 ERA in six starts.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
The Blue Jays added R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson in the offseason, and were supposed to have a stacked rotation this year. But with Josh Johnson failing to get out of the first inning today, the trio has yet to win and combined to post a 9.75 ERA in six starts.

Theyre discovering that pitching in the AL East is a bit different than the NL East.

So is it true that Yankees fans wear shirt and ties to their home games?
Another closer issue is developing in the show as Cardinals closer Jason Motte is pretty much done for the year, setup guy Mitchell Boggs is giving an easy reason why a change may be made as hard throwing rookie Trevor Rosenthal is lurking in the bushes and has been highly impressive.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Another closer issue is developing in the show as Cardinals closer Jason Motte is pretty much done for the year, setup guy Mitchell Boggs is giving an easy reason why a change may be made as hard throwing rookie Trevor Rosenthal is lurking in the bushes and has been highly impressive.

Talk of moving Lance Lynn to the closer role as well.

I personally want this guy

Valuable SP,RP designation.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Valuable SP,RP designation.

He is basically a poor mans Chapman. Nobody really knows about him..not sure if he'll ever move to the rotation or not. Has too dominant of stuff to tone down and stretch out. He can be a dominant closer.
Share 49ersWebzone