LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I swear, AL managers are retarded. They KEEP pitching to Miguel Cabrera. Put him on! He beats you almost every time. I dont get it...

I agree. I would give him the Bonds treatment every time. Make fatty Fielder beat you.

Neither Cabrera or Fielder run the bases well. Its not like youd be walking a double. Cabrera is playing hurt too. Even on a double I doubt he can score from 1st base right now. Fielder has been so hot and cold this year. Either way hes no Cabrera. Make HIM beat you, not the hottest hitter on the planet.

If you average Barry Bonds' career down to eighteen 162 game seasons, he averaged 38 IBB per year for his entire career. Miguel Cabrera had 17 last year, and 14 this year...Even when the Giants had Jeff Kent, Bonds was walked intentionally 30+ times a year.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Girardi went ham on that ump, lol.

A-Rod should have reeeeaallly taken his time around the bases on that bomb off of Dempster to dead center.

Pedroia or Big Papi are getting hit next time these teams meet.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

A-Rod should have reeeeaallly taken his time around the bases on that bomb off of Dempster to dead center.

Later that game off Dempster too

It was so obvious that Dempster was throwing at Arod that I'm shocked the ump didnt throw him out of the game. Fortunately for the Yankees they didnt.
I know everyone hates arod and I'm suppose to hate him but that was bad ass lol
Originally posted by marshniners24:
I know everyone hates arod and I'm suppose to hate him but that was bad ass lol

lol ya
Say what you want about Alex, when he smashed that home-run to dead center it was pure theater. He's against the world and he loves it, he doesn't speak to management. Pete Rose gets sent to Alcatraz on bread and water, the dope cheaters still play. The name of the game is produce, if Alex keeps knocking it out 450 ft. let him keep playing. "Are you Entertained ?"
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
ARoid LOL
yes I am entertained because I think it's funny
why throw at Aroid doe I would think it would be more funny to just walk him every time
let him walk every single time for the rest of the year then he will be gone lol

Barry Bonds lead the league in walks 12 out of his last 16 years still avg 40 home runs a season lol

Guess they should have put Miggy on in the first yesterday cause he hit the first pitch out LOL

Tigers are 1st in pitching and 1st in hitting

Prince still hitting .260 w/ 85 RBI V Mart .282 w/ 67 RBI

Tigers 6-8 hitters avg .260 w/ 30 RBI

Infante who usually bats in the 9 hole avg .315

Only really down side to their lineup has been Avila who's under .200 but like 4 of his 9 HR have been game winners

Doesn't hurt Pena fills in with a .305 avg

Sickest part of Miggys game is he can hit any good or bad pitch out and he usually guesses right
I swear, AL managers are retarded. They KEEP pitching to Miguel Cabrera. Put him on! He beats you almost every time. I dont get it...

I agree. I would give him the Bonds treatment every time. Make fatty Fielder beat you.

I still can figure out why they pitch to him. If it was just homers, that would be one thing. But the dude is hitting damn near .360. Wtf

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I still can figure out why they pitch to him. If it was just homers, that would be one thing. But the dude is hitting damn near .360. Wtf

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m Source: #Nationals acquire DeJesus from #Cubs, release Bernadina. Trade for DeJesus first reported by @DannyKnoblerCBS
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m Source: #Nationals acquire DeJesus from #Cubs, release Bernadina. Trade for DeJesus first reported by @DannyKnoblerCBS

LOL if the Nats think David DeJesus will somehow put them into the playoffs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

LOL if the Nats think David DeJesus will somehow put them into the playoffs.

He is an improvement...but still won't make the playoffs
Originally posted by jrg:

Later that game off Dempster too

lol i hate Aroid more than any other athlete but he just s**t all over Dempster lol
Share 49ersWebzone