LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Skeet, if it wasnt illegal, why didnt they all just say "yeah, I did it!" Quit with the it wasnt illegal bit. I was tested for it in the early 90s in high school. We all knew you couldnt t do it.

As I've said, it has nothing to do with if he was great. He was great before he cheated. He cheated, so he lost my respect....along with the rest of them.

But a billion dollar business couldn't test for it?

It wasn't illegal and they didnt test positive for any steroids because these drugs where designed to pass a drug test...
They weren't illegal because no one knew they excited!

Bonds is a cheating douche.
McGwire is a cheating douche.
Sosa is a cheating douche.
Braun is a cheating douche.
[Insert cheater here] is a cheating douche.

It's because it wasn't illegal at the time. Just like andro. And ephedra. And test 400. Once the decided it was illegal...

And again, If it was that easy why has no one been as dominant and great as bonds? A Rod Braun man ram... No one was even close.

He was special. End of story.

Greatest ever? Maybe. Maybe not. Greatest of 90s and 2000s? Yup

As great as Miguel Cabrera is right now, why isn't he as feared?

This s**t is like politics and religion. No one wants to see it any different than they believe.

Only thing that will be agreeable is that GGG

Bonds wasn't feared until he started taking steroids.
No one feared the guy on the left

lol Bonds wasnt feared before 2000? from 1986-1999: 3 time MVP (top 5 in MVP voting 7 times), 445 HR, 460 SB, .409 OB%, .559 SLG (.968 OPS), 2010 hits, 423 doubles, led baseball in walks 5 times, etc.

I love when people post a picture of Bonds when he was in his 20's next to a picture of him at almost 40 and act like it happened overnight. Because people usually have the same body at age 40 as they do at age 25...

Dude once bonds allegedly started using he gained at least 20 pounds and his batting average went up 30 points (from .290 to .320ish) his stolen bases also dropped (age had something to do with that too)
Was bonds a great player? Yes
Would he make the HOF pre steroids? Yes, Being the only member of the 400-400 club kind of guarantees that
Should he make the HOF now? No, if Pete rose isn't in because if gambling, these cheaters def should not be in!

Halladay to make a rehab start Thursday

If everything goes well Amaro said he'll only need 2 rehab starts before hes back in the rotation

Curious to see how he pitches. They say his arm slot is 6 inches higher then it was before
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Halladay to make a rehab start Thursday

If everything goes well Amaro said he'll only need 2 rehab starts before hes back in the rotation

Curious to see how he pitches. They say his arm slot is 6 inches higher then it was before

I'd rather pitch him in rehab, then continue to work on his mechanics in the off-season.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by jrg:

I rewound that like 10 times lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
The Angels pickup of Tommy Hanson looks so bad that the club sent him down to Triple-A.

Imagine if that was Josh Hamilton?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:

I rewound that like 10 times lol

his "throw" was more of a "fling"

haha
Originally posted by robniner:
The Angels pickup of Tommy Hanson looks so bad that the club sent him down to Triple-A.

Never liked Tommy Hanson. Horrible mechanics and an arm injury waiting to happen.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by robniner:

Never liked Tommy Hanson. Horrible mechanics and an arm injury waiting to happen.

I believe he was out for a bit last season due to a back injury.

When I read he was going to the AL, I said oh shhh.

Jason Vargas.....never sold on him

Joe Blanton.......lol he was already a bad pitcher

and

Ryan Madson....never pitched an inning for the Halos.

A summary of a piss poor off-season for the Angels. Josh Hamilton is another chapter.
[ Edited by robniner on Aug 13, 2013 at 7:18 PM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
at least they have Pujols
at least they have Pujols

LOL I would just fire that idiot GM
If the Angels are the biggest losers in last season's acquisition market. The Toronto Blue Jays can't be so far behind as they were the favorite to be in this year's postseason;instead last place.

Winners so far? The Boston Red Sox (shows with Ben Cherington named Executive Of The Year), The Los Angeles Dodgers (Grienke got his act together, Ryu and Puig) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (Martin,Melcanon and Grilli)
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Miguel Cabrera the last two weeks hitting .487 12 HR
yanks/sox is seriously played out. No1currs except ESPN and the fans involved.

It was quite fun 13 years ago when the Yankees were winning championships and the Red Sox were teh good guys. And Clemens and Pedro duel. Now, I cannot name two starting pitchers on both teams.
Share 49ersWebzone