LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

2013 MLB Regular Season Wrapup Discussion Thread

This dodger kid is 16-32 with 6 multi-hit games in a 8 game career. Not liking this kid at all.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
This dodger kid is 16-32 with 6 multi-hit games in a 8 game career. Not liking this kid at all.

unicorn antler spray
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jrg:
Niners99 is just excited about Segura because he got him cheap in his fantasy league. No way he is in over Tulowitzki.

lol that probably factored in, but im looking at the speed. I think the 17 steals compared to 0 for Tulo makes up the power numbers gap.

I just think the way Segura has picked up the slack for Braun's fairly mediocre start is impressive.

No one would debate whether the kid should be on the AS team. But.... right now I seriously think that Tulo would be in the MVP conversation along with Votto, Goldschmidt, and Yadier Molina.

Tulo wont win an MVP with Carlos Gonzalez hitting next to him. The voters prioritize how much carrying of their team the player does.

Tell that to Jeff Kent.

Still going to give nod to Shelby Miller to win NL ROY.

Pitchers are figuring out you have to pitch outside to him first, then pitch inside; can struggle against effective breaking pitches.
robniner, here is my response: wgaf, there is more than half a season left. Lets talk ROY when it means something. In September. Dude could go 0-66 in July for all we know.
Originally posted by robniner:

Pitchers are figuring out you have to pitch outside to him first, then pitch inside; can struggle against effective breaking pitches.

Really? They are figuring him out and he is struggling? That might happen but it certainly hasnt yet.
And here comes Zunino to save the Mariners, even though it's impossible.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
And here comes Zunino to save the Mariners, even though it's impossible.

Not sure anyone is expecting him to be a savior, rather one of the very few options (not without risk) due to a lack of bodies . . .
Both Jesuses (Montero and Sucre) are on the DL and Shoppach has caught a bazillion innings in the past week (OK, it's really only 57 ~including the entire 16-inning affair~ still a lot).

Good luck, Mike!
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

unicorn antler spray

Lol
Niners99 is just excited about Segura because he got him cheap in his fantasy league. No way he is in over Tulowitzki.

lol that probably factored in, but im looking at the speed. I think the 17 steals compared to 0 for Tulo makes up the power numbers gap.

I just think the way Segura has picked up the slack for Braun's fairly mediocre start is impressive.

No one would debate whether the kid should be on the AS team. But.... right now I seriously think that Tulo would be in the MVP conversation along with Votto, Goldschmidt, and Yadier Molina.

Tulo wont win an MVP with Carlos Gonzalez hitting next to him. The voters prioritize how much carrying of their team the player does.

Tell that to Jeff Kent.

Kent and Bonds were the 2 best players in the NL that year, so one of them had to get it. Plus that example is 14 years old. Goldschmidt is more likely because his team relies on him so much.

Tell that to Jeff Kent.

Kent and Bonds were the 2 best players in the NL that year, so one of them had to get it. Plus that example is 14 years old. Goldschmidt is more likely because his team relies on him so much.

OK.. How about 2 years ago then when Ryan Braun won the award despite having Prince Fielder with him. Prince only hit 38 HRS, drove in 120 runs, and had a .981 OPS. Matt Kemp was a 1 man show for the Dodgers and that team relied on him totally.
Originally posted by robniner:

Really? They are figuring him out and he is struggling? That might happen but it certainly hasnt yet.

He is not struggling yet, but MLB Network showed how pitchers are approaching him in his at-bats. They pointed out that you need to pitch him outside then go inside.

The thing Puig is hitting is fastballs. You throw him the breaking stuff and let's see if he can adjust to that.
robniner, here is my response: wgaf, there is more than half a season left. Lets talk ROY when it means something. In September. Dude could go 0-66 in July for all we know.

True,very true. However, it is more clearer who are in contention for the NL ROY than in the AL.

Meanwhile, MVP talk is already starting to surface up.
Puig just got plucked on the face.

UPDATE: He is okay and he took a free pass to first base. It apparently hit the earflap and grazed his nose.
[ Edited by robniner on Jun 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
NICE!!!

Zack Grienke pi$$es off Carlos Quentin's old team by beaning Miguel Montero.

I guess he wanted to show support for Puig
Share 49ersWebzone