LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Alabama vs Notre Dame: BCS Championship

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Though I don't think this Alabama team can beat a team in NFL - I don't think it's such a crazy thought. We have 3 first year rookie QBs in the playoffs this season (and Kaep is practically a 2nd year rookie). Rookies played huge roles for the Redskins, Colts, and Seattle. None of those teams went out in FA and signed super-stars. They mostly added a few rookies and went from bottom-feeders to playoffs in 1st year (Colts, and 'Skins).

I don't think this Alabama team is strong enough to beat a team in NFL but if they had a QB like Luck/Griffin - then maybe they have a shot. In the end, I don't think college players are strong enough in the trenches to beat NFL teams - but the thought is not completely outrageous.

I hear that side of the argument, but it's not the best guys on the college team that are the problem. It's the rest of the players that aren't gonna be able to do s**t against NFLers. Not even every starter on the college team is gong to be able to hang. And what happens when starters go to the bench?

Yea...college teams aren't deep enough and as you said - it's rest of the starters - not the stars players who will get drafted in the first couple rounds. Even among those, the star Dlinemen almost always struggle in the first year in NFL. So, I don't think a college team can overcome that. No rush defense.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM ]
You guys are hilarious. This bama team is probably the worst national title team in the last decade. They got b*tch slapped by Texas A&M and wouldn't have even been in the National Title game if Ohio State wasn't bowl banned. They would get shut out and have a minimum of 50 scored on them. Probably 70.
YOU sir are outrageous.Ohio state and their schedule are a joke. Run the sec gauntlet and see what happens. Lol you guys didnt shut down anyone this season and you were lucky to make it out of OT a couple. God I cant wait for Ohio to becone bowl eligible. Nothing i love more than to see color drain off your soft ass teams face after they get ran through. Ask ND what a dynasty looks like they were right across from one tonight.
YOU sir are outrageous.Ohio state and their schedule are a joke. Run the sec gauntlet and see what happens. Lol you guys didnt shut down anyone this season and you were lucky to make it out of OT a couple. God I cant wait for Ohio to becone bowl eligible. Nothing i love more than to see color drain off your soft ass teams face after they get ran through. Ask ND what a dynasty looks like they were right across from one tonight.
We got stomped like a narc at a biker rally. Hats off to 'Bama.
Yeah, you tell em! Again!

Lol. Ohio State was one half sentence of my argument and that dude just went off.
Originally posted by TheRambler:

Lol. Ohio State was one half sentence of my argument and that dude just went off.

Gotta pick your battles, I guess. lol
The BCS computer rating is a joke! So if you play a bunch of mediocre teams and came out undefeated, all of a sudden you're a powerhouse?

Yet a team who has to play a bunch of good teams and come out with a couple of loses is a bum?

I didn't think ND had a chance against Alabama. There are 4 other teams that could have given them a better game, but leave it to the BCS and their most expensive computers to dictate the best teams in the country.

Maybe next year we can have another blow out!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
You don't think Mathis and Freeney would straight smash any top draft pick linemen during their rookie year?

total of 4 combined sacks against 5 (5 games) of the first round OT's this season

2 came against Miami

Option works in college, but not in the NFL.

Think about why?

then why do we run it?

and seattle for that matter

we run it maybe 4 times a YEAR. Ask your self why we only run it 4 times a year

and how successful have we been at it?

Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by strickac:
Bama wins, even though I hate them. Teo is good, but very overrated.

This. I'm not even sure he was the best linebacker in the country at the end of the year.

Confirmed!
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
McCarron is a douche.

If he snapped like that on his center can you imagine how he would snap at his beautiful girlfriend?
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
McCarron is a douche.

If he snapped like that on his center can you imagine how he would snap at his beautiful girlfriend?

Ya...she will turn up beaten at some point.
Barrett Jones would eat that fool alive.
the worst NFL teams use to play the best college team in the nation every year.

the NFL stopped that after 6 straight losses.

the college ranks are closer to NFL levels of size and speed now more then ever.

you get the right college team(not this Bama team for sure) and a bad enough NFL team with a dumb coach and epic bad QB and who knows what could happen.
Share 49ersWebzone