LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Alabama vs Notre Dame: BCS Championship

• bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by bors:
ducks could of scored on bama,stanford as well

score? most definitely. but at which part of the game. at garbage time? oh scoring against 'Bama is one thing beating them another in NC

they would win bama aint so bad,
Originally posted by 228niner:
I hope notre dame wins, I'm tired of hearing roll tide each and every day of my life, mobile, al resident

yet you have a Mississippi Gulfcoast area code
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
I remember I used to think dogs couldn't play basketball, then I saw Air Bud

Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by dobophile:
I remember I used to think dogs couldn't play basketball, then I saw Air Bud

Yeah, just keep thinking a dog can't be the MVP in the NBA. Billy Jean King beat Riggs in a tennis match.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Don't hate cuz the SEC dominates year after year. I'm no Alabama fan(Tennessee fan) but I'd rather see a SEC team win it all again just to keep driving the point home of SEC dominance.

I am an Auburn guy, I am happy to keep the National Title in Confrence.

The last 3 National Champs have been weak compared to the FIRST 4 SEC BCS teams.

so we shall see what the future holds.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by vaden:
Vegas would have Alabama a 24-point underdog against Jacksonville. Maybe once in a 100 times, a 24-point underdog wins.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Keep laughing...some day it's going

I know, I'm weird. Just don't buy into the whole "this or that could never happen." Meant no disrespect.

It is?

And yes. No disrespect. We are all good dudes who deserve PM's.

lulz. It's going to happen and one day, and when it does you can smoke a fattie in my honor.

So it IS going to happen? Do you know something we don't about a new exhibition game to be played between the college NC and NFL teams?
SEC is too dominant. Going to have to break up the SEC to make it fair.

Need some parity
  • jrg
  • Veteran
BCS needs to play mythical nat'l championship game next Jan 7. Then let the SEC division winners play for real nat'l title Jan. 8. #KingSEC
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
BCS needs to play mythical nat'l championship game next Jan 7. Then let the SEC division winners play for real nat'l title Jan. 8. #KingSEC

THIS!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
You don't think Mathis and Freeney would straight smash any top draft pick linemen during their rookie year?

total of 4 combined sacks against 5 (5 games) of the first round OT's this season

2 came against Miami

Option works in college, but not in the NFL.

Think about why?

Originally posted by ads_2006:
You don't think Mathis and Freeney would straight smash any top draft pick linemen during their rookie year?

total of 4 combined sacks against 5 (5 games) of the first round OT's this season

2 came against Miami

Option works in college, but not in the NFL.

Think about why?

then why do we run it?

and seattle for that matter
Bama would look worse than ND tonight if they played an NFL team. Baleedat!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Though I don't think this Alabama team can beat a team in NFL - I don't think it's such a crazy thought. We have 3 first year rookie QBs in the playoffs this season (and Kaep is practically a 2nd year rookie). Rookies played huge roles for the Redskins, Colts, and Seattle. None of those teams went out in FA and signed super-stars. They mostly added a few rookies and went from bottom-feeders to playoffs in 1st year (Colts, and 'Skins).

I don't think this Alabama team is strong enough to beat a team in NFL but if they had a QB like Luck/Griffin - then maybe they have a shot. In the end, I don't think college players are strong enough in the trenches to beat NFL teams - but the thought is not completely outrageous.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Though I don't think this Alabama team can beat a team in NFL - I don't think it's such a crazy thought. We have 3 first year rookie QBs in the playoffs this season (and Kaep is practically a 2nd year rookie). Rookies played huge roles for the Redskins, Colts, and Seattle. None of those teams went out in FA and signed super-stars. They mostly added a few rookies and went from bottom-feeders to playoffs in 1st year (Colts, and 'Skins).

I don't think this Alabama team is strong enough to beat a team in NFL but if they had a QB like Luck/Griffin - then maybe they have a shot. In the end, I don't think college players are strong enough in the trenches to beat NFL teams - but the thought is not completely outrageous.

I hear that side of the argument, but it's not the best guys on the college team that are the problem. It's the rest of the players that aren't gonna be able to do s**t against NFLers. Not even every starter on the college team is gong to be able to hang. And what happens when starters go to the bench?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

this is the man reason imo

...and to be specific - it's the defensive tackles and ends who have a hard time in that first year. Almost every other position can come in and play at a high level against NFL players (especially if they don't have to learn a new system), but DTs and DEs have a tough time.
Share 49ersWebzone